Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
High-Fantasy Pathfinder Online Game - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Desired # of Players: 3
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Biweekly
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: openRPG
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(openRPG)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: High-Fantasy Pathfinder Online Game

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm going rogue/monk, for those concerned.
    Email is Br3ntdy3@aol.com

I would like to take unorthodox flurry instead of one of the monk bonus feats listed, and I'd like for it to count for use with rogue weapons. Even if it doesn't count towards all rogue weapons, I'll use it.

Also, I get evasion twice at second level, so I'm wondering if I can change that as well to something else.

Also wanting to use my improved damage with daggers.

Basically, I want to be a dagger monk. If that can be accomplished, great. If not, too bad.

I found a variant in Dragon Magazine that allows me to use the dagger, shorsword, quarterstaff, and club as monk weapons instead of the typical list.

My gracious thanks,
    Z
    Last edited by Zedek; 07-26-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! I will send the file to you promptly. Be warned, I have Microsoft Office 2010, so you may have to get conversion software to be able to read the file.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Oh, I've decided to raise the points allowed by the point-buy system up to 35. Remember to apply racial bonuses AFTER you allocate your stats!
    I don't need reality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Above post edited.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Zedek, you mean your improved monk unarmed damage with a dagger? I would allow that, but it would have to be solely for flavor (you cannot do anything with daggers that you couldn't do with unarmed attacks, basically. I cant see how you would do this, but just in case :P)

I see no reason to waste a feat just for flavor. Just take the dagger as a monk weapon for free. Lets just say its some sort of exotic monk dagger. However, what other rogue weapons did you want to use? If you want to just use daggers, then it can be free, but if you plan on using ALL rogue weapons that way, then take the feat and it will count towards all of them. the hand crossbow and shortbow cannot be used for flurries, though. You can use throwing daggers for flurries (sort of like throwing stars) but they will not benefit from the increased monk damage. Using them in melee combat though, I can allow the base monk unarmed damage for that (as i said, because it seems like its just for flavor).

As for the evasion, run by me what you would want it changed to. Make it something movement or general being-quick-ness related, such as nimble moves or dodge or something, and I will consider it.
    I don't need reality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I'll take the feat and am thinking an extra rogue special ability, such as swift stealth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The main reason for the wis bonus is for perception and sense motive, both of which are going to be fairly high use skills if I play how I want to. I'm probably going to write up both summoner/sorcerer and sorcerer/rogue, and see which of the three looks best to me. I'll post them when I get finished. Also, gimme a sec and I'll pm you my address. One last question; can I consider the bonuses from dragon disciple to be as if I already got the mutations from them for the summoner class when I get them (example: getting the wings from dragon disciple is considered as if I already bought the mutation for summoner and I can boost it with points like normal)? That will help a good bit.

EDIT: Also, if I DO pick sorcerer/summoner, could you pathfinderize the elemental savant class? I think that works best with that particular combat style by comparison to anything else, even arcane archer.

EDIT 2: Can't believe I forgot this question. Will we have to follow all the requirements to get our prestige classes, or will we ignore them, or is it something in between?
    Last edited by Aleucard; 07-27-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Zedek, I won't allow an extra rogue special, seeing as how you already get one that level. I think Nimble Moves and Acrobatic Step (later on, in place of improved evasion, since you get that from your other class as well) would be more appropriate.

Aleucard, do you mean using mutations to improve your wings granted by Dragon Disciple class? If thats what you mean, then yes, you can do that. Although having four wings would be cool :P

I can pathfinderize any class you want me to. As far as I remember, elemental savants wont need much modifications, but I will have to go back and check.

To clarify, I could care less about most racial and alignment requirements for pretty much anything. They don't affect game mechanics, nor do they affect its balance, and they are simply there for flavor; as such, you can un-flavor/re-flavor them as you see fit.

Basically, treat any racial or alignment requirement as if it were non-existant, and most other things as well that don't affect balance. For instance, If you were to be a sorcerer and wanted the Dragonic Bloodline, I would let you be a Silver Dragon with a 30 ft cone electricty breath attack. It doesn't make much difference to me.

But, you should always ask, just to be safe.
    I don't need reality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Munchie, PLEASE tell me you're not going to be the party's Og the Destroyer. If not, then I see no personal problems.

I'm going with summoner/rogue, and you'll just have to wait to see what prestige classes I pick. Besides a physical description and the knowledge that my character's chaotic good, I'm not giving any players that don't have detection spells anything else. ~_^ When does the game start?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I will be the party's "Og the Destroyer". I rarely play characters like this though, so I figured it would be fun. I am not a fan of point buy at all, but I want to play in a ghestalt game.
    Last edited by munchiemadness; 07-27-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Munchie, you have a very severe problem with your sheet. Your int is 5. Why did you think it was ok to lower it past what the rules allow? Also, your HP is one higher than it should be.

If you don't know the rules for the Pathfinder point buy system, I can provide a link for you.

The game can start as soon as I organize everything, have everyones sheets down, get a confirmation email from everyone, and get a time that we can all start our first session. I ask that everyone PM me with your email if you havn't already, get those sheets down on the excel document I set up pronto, and tell me a good time for you all. I'm free usually only at night, but maybe friday afternoons, too.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

I'm also a little concerned with the characters people are being :/ thats two tanks and two rogues, with no real healing/support members (aluecard, you are a controller, which is different from support) and no AOE blasters. I hope someone new joins with those two ideas in mind.
    I don't need reality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The arcane archer was probably more suited to be one of those obscure prestige classes in the campaign setting than in the core rule like red mantis assassin or harrower it is background specific, I believe it has something to do with it being a closely guarded elf secret or something along those lines.

Well if we need a healer I can switch it up, give me a few and i'll roll together a new concept.
    "A gun is a tool. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, my summoning can help with more than damage at later levels, but we NEED a dedicated ranged damage dealer and a healer. I'd suggest sorcerer/wizard and the obvious paladin/cleric choices, personally. If someone can come up with something better, I'm all ears.

EDIT: I just thought of something. Would a cleric/alchemist outdo a cleric/paladin in healing? The fact that both spell lists have Heal is very VERY big on the list of things a medic would kill for. All the extra stuff that alchemists can do besides healing also help to at least even the scales against a cl/pa on their own, if not tip them in their favor. Bombs and mutagens are just gravy. So, what do you think?
    Last edited by Aleucard; 07-28-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1 sec, I will fix that, I was messing around with races the other day and forgot to change my stats back -_-

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

You know what, I am just going to make a new character, this one seems kinda iffy anyways.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hey i am playing a sorcerer/fighter cg focusing on pure magic dps Grael is a troubled soul with terrible visions hunting him. His only solace has been the stupor of dwarfven ales and elven wines. He despises authority blaming the death of his comrades on his captain in a skirmish with gnolls. He was once part of a small group of milita in a town.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good, but I'd recommend trying to type it in a more concise manner. That seems like a rambling statement. It's a good idea, but still.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast