Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: WFRP 3 bringing in new blood?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

WFRP 3 bringing in new blood?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So about 10% of people who watch my How to videos send me a PM. 80%+ of people who send me PMs have never played and RPG. This gets me to thinking if the average of these are 4 friends that means when I hit 200 viewers there will be 64 new rpg players thanks to WFRP 3. I think Fantasy Flight may be on to something if these random stats actually can be applied to a bigger audience.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am definitely curious about the game, but shelling out $100 for a game I could never run myself seems a bit steep. Shelling out $20 to split amongst a party (and a decent GM) would be worth it. Any Takers???
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can save 30-40% if you look to Ebay for your purchase, yukonhorror.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Still would be limited by the lack of a good GM, but will definitely keep it in mind.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    I am definitely curious about the game, but shelling out $100 for a game I could never run myself seems a bit steep. Shelling out $20 to split amongst a party (and a decent GM) would be worth it. Any Takers???
    I bought my copy of the core game on Ebay for 35$ It was used but all of the components were there and all of the components were also unpunched if they were the token pieces. You can buy new copies for 60$ fairly regularly and sometimes cheaper. The other books are all aways sold under retail as well, sometimes 25% or more cheaper than retail. I have picked up everything so far for 3E and bought it all off of ebay.

Here are a few of the sellers I frequent who always have the better prices and unbeatable reputations. I have bought almost all of my Pathfinder and all of my WHFRP 3E stuff from these 2 dealers.

http://stores.ebay.com/worldatplaygames

http://stores.ebay.com/hieroglyphsbooksandgames or their non ebay affiliated store http://www.hieroglyphsbooks.com/
    TO LIVE IS TO SUFFER, TO SURVIVE IS TO FIND MEANING IN THE SUFFERING.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I purchased WFRP 3e from my FLGS this weekend, and have been poring over the rulebooks ever since. For those of you that have experience with this setting (if anyone), what have you found that you also needed (supplements, extra dice, etc) to make the game more enjoyable? I purchased an extra set of dice because of some of the reviews that came from the Core Set, as well as the expansion for magic-users (I can't remember the name and I'm not getting up to go look at it )

Also, what resources (online or not) would you recommend to someone who's just coming into the Warhammer world? My normal gaming group and I will be looking forward to playing in a few weeks.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence, then success is assured." -Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Talmek View Post
    Also, what resources (online or not) would you recommend to someone who's just coming into the Warhammer world? My normal gaming group and I will be looking forward to playing in a few weeks.
    A few great sites for WFRP are:

Strike to Stun: http://www.strike-to-stun.net/

Hammerzeit!: http://www.wfrp3.com/
    (Which appears to be down ATM)

Winds of Chaos: http://www.windsofchaos.com/

Fantasy Flight's WFRP forums also have a lot of great discussions, house rules and troubleshooting about 3rd Edition: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...id=149&efcid=3

There are a few others but I can't think of them right now. Hope you guys have a blast!
    Last edited by Webhead; 09-21-2010 at 11:58 PM.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems as though the Winds of Chaos site is also down for the time being.

Thanks for the recommendations, I've looked into them and there really is a following (albeit a small one) for WFRP.

(Does anyone else notice WFRP = WKRP in Cincinnati? )
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence, then success is assured." -Mark Twain

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be sure to make an effort to add more links shortly. I love WFRP, but the companies involved as well as some of the WFRP forums (ours excluded), IMO, only hurt the game.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been playing WFRP for a little over ix months and really enjoy it. The settings always been one of the very best in RPGs, and as much as I thought the widgets were silly when I started, they add fun in our ADD age. The value of adding a little of the tactile and tangible really caught me by surprise.

Even though my gaming tastes tend towards low mechanical games, I'm mad about WFRP and so far everyone who has tried it in our gaming circle has kept coming back for more.

Interest is high and I am running two new WFRP groups myself
    "As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also."

- Thomas Jefferson July 5, 1776 in Philadelphia

Downloads
    Uploads
    The site you want to look at, is Liber Fanatica. It is a fanzine site that produces free products as good as the commercially available stuff. I may be biased as I write for it, but LF7 & LF8 look incredibly professional. There is a mixture of new rules, fluff and adventures, and its all free! We are also always looking for new writers and artists to join the set up, the more the merrier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought the game because I have all the other Warhammer stuff.....at first. Once I dug into the rules I fell in love. I immediately scrapped the world and restarted my homebrew world and applied these new rules to IT. The system is dreamy easy for new players to come into and once you get used to the DICE POOL building it becomes wicked fast to play. I am currently considering another morph to other game worlds. What I am saying is that I agree with your asessment that Fantasy Flight is onto something. Without a doubt in my mind the DICE mechanic can be transported into any background fluff and made to work with it. FF just got rights to Star Wars not too long ago which makes me salivate at the thought of a new SW RPG based on this dice pool mechanic!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CHARACTER SHEET.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	302.1 KB 
ID:	3575

I included this character sheet I made cause its the only failing in the game. As you can tell from my sheet all you need to do to build your dice pool is work left to right across the form.