Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Looking for a D&D 4e game...

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for a D&D 4e game...

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I moved up to the Seattle area around the beginning of June. Sitting at home the last month and a half isn't the most fun thing to do anymore at night, and the work I do doesn't afford me the social time or social bonds I need... and right now I need some hobby gaming

I'm looking to join a 4e game (possible 3.5 or even try Pathfinder), either new or in-progress. I live in Renton and am willing to drive 30 minutes or so. I like 50/50 split combat/rp but if it is a little heavier of one than the other I don't mind. As long as the group has fun devising tactics in battle, or puts their mind and imagination to work when role-playing I'm fine!

EDIT: I like gaming on weekends, but the way my schedule is now just about any night is open to me.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    from what I have heard, you can't throw a stone without hitting a gamer in that area, so I am sure you'll have no problems
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Renton is a bit too far for me to comfortably travel, but as said prior, there are a TON of hobby gamers in the area. Have you found a FLGS?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been for a decent shop to frequent. Went to the two Uncles games (Tukwila and Bellevue) and plan on driving over to DTwentyGames in Normandy Park this evening for D&D Encounters. BlueHighway in Queen Anne didn't seem very pen & paper friendly when I stopped in one day, so I don't believe I will be going back.

I find it amazing that 12 miles is too far to drive, but I am still thinking in distance rather than time when traveling for place to place here. Driving is a whole different beast than what I am used to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskandr View Post
    I've been for a decent shop to frequent. Went to the two Uncles games (Tukwila and Bellevue) and plan on driving over to DTwentyGames in Normandy Park this evening for D&D Encounters. BlueHighway in Queen Anne didn't seem very pen & paper friendly when I stopped in one day, so I don't believe I will be going back.

I find it amazing that 12 miles is too far to drive, but I am still thinking in distance rather than time when traveling for place to place here. Driving is a whole different beast than what I am used to.
    Yeah, the roads around here aren't the friendliest things. I stick to my local area just because traffic and parking can be such a hassle.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskandr View Post

So is there nothing in Renton? I've found the staff at Uncle's pretty helpful, especially the ones over at the Redmond Town Center store. If you're willing to drive as far as Bellevue, I'd also suggest stopping by Dragon's Lair Comics & Fantasy on 14725 Northeast 20th Street, in a strip mall next to an IHOP. I mentioned them on another thread here. They just opened this year, and seem decent so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to Renton

Best bet when planning driving distance/time is to plan on time. Getting into or out of Renton can be a bear, especially in the Highlands.

As for gaming shops, there aren't any. The closest was the Wizards of the Coast shop at Southcenter/Westfield but ehy left ages ago. There is a comic shop down the main drag of old downtown Renton but I'm not sure if you'll find any board or the like since I have not made my way in there yet.

I was thinking of getting a group going but I wanted to see what the interest levels were first before diving head-long into a major commitment. I can keep you posted if you like.

~Jynxed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynxed View Post
    I was thinking of getting a group going but I wanted to see what the interest levels were first before diving head-long into a major commitment. I can keep you posted if you like.
    First, thank you for the welcome. Second, it'd be great if you could keep me posted on whether or not you get a group going.

Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    So is there nothing in Renton? I've found the staff at Uncle's pretty helpful, especially the ones over at the Redmond Town Center store. If you're willing to drive as far as Bellevue, I'd also suggest stopping by Dragon's Lair Comics & Fantasy on 14725 Northeast 20th Street, in a strip mall next to an IHOP. I mentioned them on another thread here. They just opened this year, and seem decent so far.
    Renton seems to have a few places that do MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh, but that's it. The staff and both Uncle's were great. It just seems like the store would be a decent place to pick up a hard to find boardgame or a puzzle but not to sit and play. The Bellevue store seemed cramped and I don't want to have to mess with the mall in Tukwila. I'll make an effort to check out Dragon's Lair(I've had their website bookmarked for a while now) next time I'm up in that area. But, I try to avoid 405 north most of the week.

I drove to Normandy Park yesterday. The 20 minute drive wasn't too bad, and definitely worth the fun I had. DTwenty Games was a nice little FLGS, and the guy running D&D Encounters was nice and fun to talk with. I plan on going next week for Encounters, and was told by the DM he is trying to get LFR started there. I'm not a big fan of FR, but anything that gets me out and able to meet people and talk helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    If you're capable of heading all the way to the Uncles in Redmond Town Center, you might as well just head over to Games and Gizmos. I tried to do Uncles, but I just found their location and store set up to be rather counter-intuitive for meeting parties and actually playing games. I've never heard of Dragon's Lair. I'll have to check them out in the next few days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, if anything gets going i think i could handle the drive to renton! haven't actually played 4th edition yet, but would be willing to try if all involved had a bit of patience.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still looking? I work in Tukwila and could likely swing a game every other week or so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy Jynxed, I am putting together a game in renton highlands. if you are interested shoot me an email at joshahardin at yahoo. have a good one