Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: (IMO) This section need to be moved and renamed

Downloads
    Uploads

Post (IMO) This section need to be moved and renamed

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This section
    (Forum|Gaming News & Discussion|Super-Heroic|Champions)

needs to be renamed to HERO system and moved to
    (Forum|Gaming News & Discussion|Modern/Universal Systems|HERO System)

since Champions is just a part of the whole system which is universal (just like GURPS and other system)

(alternately it can remain and just a HERO section added )

all of the above is IMHO off course

~Elderbree TM
    Last edited by Elderbree TM; 07-14-2010 at 12:27 AM.
    If you Like (or wish to learn about) HERO system I created a group for us, so we can all know each other and help/teach one another
    http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/group.php?groupid=322

Downloads
    Uploads
    Possibly. However, the fact remains that the majority of the HERO system line is dedicated to Champions. It's HERO's biggest selling setting and the one most synonomous with the system. D20 has become a universal system of sorts, but would you suggest deleting the Dungeons & Dragons 3.X and Star Wars Saga threads and lumping them all together in a generic D20 thread? Or a better analogy here would be to move the M&M forum to a D20 thread.

I think the key here is that for the most part, Champions and HERO System are just about used interchangebly, despite the fact that HERO is a universal system, like you said. Most people use HERO for Champions and will instinctively go to a SuperHero thread rather than a Universal game thread.

Also, IMHO

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BayGuardian View Post
    Possibly. However, the fact remains that the majority of the HERO system line is dedicated to Champions. It's HERO's biggest selling setting and the one most synonomous with the system. D20 has become a universal system of sorts, but would you suggest deleting the Dungeons & Dragons 3.X and Star Wars Saga threads and lumping them all together in a generic D20 thread? Or a better analogy here would be to move the M&M forum to a D20 thread.

I think the key here is that for the most part, Champions and HERO System are just about used interchangebly, despite the fact that HERO is a universal system, like you said. Most people use HERO for Champions and will instinctively go to a SuperHero thread rather than a Universal game thread.

Also, IMHO
    Well it hasn't been Champions since 4th Edition and that was 1992. Times change and so has the Hero System. Champions is just one product line dealing with superheroes and they do have other settings like the four for Fantasy Hero.

I use Hero for every game I run and play in. It's even gotten to the point that I use it for my tabletop wargaming fix.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Littles View Post
    Well it hasn't been Champions since 4th Edition and that was 1992. Times change and so has the Hero System. Champions is just one product line dealing with superheroes and they do have other settings like the four for Fantasy Hero.

I use Hero for every game I run and play in. It's even gotten to the point that I use it for my tabletop wargaming fix.

Too include the "Optional" rules that Richard has developed for dealing with mass combat. He has developed rules that are usable for all levels of unit size, from as small as a fireteam to as large as batallion or larger. Makes it nice when running a battle on large scale. Would probably take a month or so if you tried to run a batallion sized battle and had a turn for every character.

Had to mention this Richard, since you would most likely be a bit modest in tooting your own horn.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    Too include the "Optional" rules that Richard has developed for dealing with mass combat. He has developed rules that are usable for all levels of unit size, from as small as a fireteam to as large as batallion or larger. Makes it nice when running a battle on large scale. Would probably take a month or so if you tried to run a batallion sized battle and had a turn for every character.

Had to mention this Richard, since you would most likely be a bit modest in tooting your own horn.
    Well thank you, but I only worked on the modern-futuristic mass combat rules. Steve Long wrote the medieval-fantasy mass combat rules.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed, HERO is Universal. Champions is just one subset, even if the most commonly used.