Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Game Session Recordings (Audio)

Downloads
    Uploads

Game Session Recordings (Audio)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Friends and I started playing WHFR and decided to record our sessions for memories sake and to share with others Follow us in our weekly adventures as we fight Chaos. We're pretty new at playing tabletop rpgs so please excuse the numerous newbie moments

EDIT: Just finished listening to most of it myself. Sorry about the extreme loudness of the rolling of dice! I will have to move my itouch farther away from the dice tower next time

http://gburggamers.blogspot.com/p/recordings.html
    Last edited by orangedragon10; 07-13-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing! If I may make a suggestion, convert it to mp3 as the file is almost 400 meg to download. If anyone is like me they are not going to have enough time in one sitting to listen to the whole thing so you have to download it.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good advice, Morton! I was excited the night we did it and uploaded it in a rush, haha. I'm trying to find the best converter (perhaps it doesn't matter?) for it. What would be the best bit rate and such? not that knowledgeable when it comes to that.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would use Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ It works well for most projects as long as your not trying to control 32 chanels of audio from a mixer. 128 possibly even 96 will be fine for recording quality. On the part of the pod cast I have listened to so far. The priest IMHO should have his willpower in favor points when not in combat. It doesn't say how quickly it recharges but at leased as a starting character having your willpower in favor points makes sense as you recharge up to your willpower over TIME and if you have more than your willpower you loose favor down to your willpower over TIME. You can increase or decrease TIME as you see fit as I have not found a hard rule about TIME yet in the core box. I also think your characters may have been created incorrectly as one player commented on having all 5s in his physical and 3 in intelligence. Even if your a dwarf trollslayer there is no way you could buy it that high. Dwarf 3,3,2,2,2,2 + boost from trollslayer, 4,4,2,2,2,2, + 20 pts (assuming 0 on everything else) 5,5,4,3,2,2, would spend all 20 pts. Thus not having 5 in all physical.
    Last edited by MortonStromgal; 07-13-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the tips Morton. I will try to get a mp3 version later today. Just mentioned the priest stuff to my GM, and he thinks the time idea is good and will maybe apply it for our next meeting (he said he wants to think about the various house rules suggested). Oh his character was actually an iron breaker, which got him a free +1 boost in toughness and willpower. I double-checked his worksheet, and he seems to have spent all points, adding up to 20. 12 points for each category (wealth, skills, actions, and talents) then 4 points to raise strength and 4 points to raise willpower. So starting stats of 3/3/2/2/2/2 transformed to 4/4/2/2/4/2.

Maybe it was another character? I'll make sure my GM goes over each one just in case. Thanks for the feedback.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I may have heard it wrong I just thought I heard someone say "I have 5s in all my physical" "whats your intellegence?" "3" I just assumed the 5s were characteristic dice in Strength, Toughness, and Agility.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like the zealot character is messed up. He just so happens to be the one that missed character creation day. We will definitely get that fixed for next time!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    any idea when we might get part 2?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup! Our next session is this Saturday, so it should be up that same night What did you think of the first one? Too silly? Unbearable dice rollin' noises? haha. All feedback, even constructive criticism, is cool with me since this is the first of any type of recording I've tried to do.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    +add the results, means that if you get that icon you get to roll an additional die of the type that gave you that icon. So if a characteristic die gets a boon, thus triggering the effect you roll one more blue characteristic die and add the result.

Also only 2/3rds of the file will play on my windows media player before it crashes. I'm guessing because either the download screwed up or the file is too large. This was for the wav version though. I'm downloading the mp3.
    Last edited by MortonStromgal; 07-18-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, we figured that out on Sat. very good to know Forgot my itouch at the GM's house so will try to get Part 2 up on Monday. The GM will have to start being more strict for our next session as our zealot is going around intimidating everyone. Plus encourage some more roleplaying! Kind of got silly and out of hand for ep 2.

Edit: And episode 2 is now uploaded
    Last edited by orangedragon10; 07-19-2010 at 08:01 PM.