Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: Pathfinder
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: Hermitage
State: TN
Zip Code / Postal Code: 37076
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Saturday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder - Adventure path game

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Well it seems that there have been NO responses to the other thread. So it seems that the best idea may be having you guys play two characters each. You don't have to play a second character, as I won't force that on you. So if you want, roll one up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having lost our bard and having no arcane magic, I am looking at a half-jann (Qadira Sourcebook) monk/bard at this point (think battle dancer). Should have a initial character sheet uploaded tonight.

Also, the Advanced Players Guide now has Sandpoint Traits available. Well worth the look!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm I think I'd prefer to reel in some of the books that I originally allowed. I'm cool with the Tiefling, but would prefer no half-Jann. With this being the first time I'll DM this group, we probably need to start with basics. Like I said, Tielfing is fine. However the books I think we should stick to would be:
    Core Rulebook
    Advanced Player's Guide
    Player's Guide to Rise of the Runelords

Should we progress on to greater and greater things, we'll examine what's permissable.

If you're playing multiple characters they will only be one class. That is of course unless you multiclass. Gestalt was only going to be used if we decided to keep it at just one charcter per person.

Also, we need to decide where we are gaming...
    Last edited by Bromm; 08-10-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1) Location. My place is too small, but I know the Game Keep will be open. Or, if someone had a strong preference for their abode that would be fine.

2) If your going Striker & Spell Caster, that leaves me with the Tank & The Talent. Works for me. I guess I'll actually have to sit down and roll everything up now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, I have pdf's up on http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/...le_Pathfinder/ for my Ranger and Sorcerer. I've modified the Ranger to reflect the Urban Ranger and Talents from the Advanced Players Guide. Both are Tieflings, but the talents and history should keep them quite distinct and have some built in tension to help me keep them distinct in my own head. The Sorcerer is very "gear light" to start, but given his background he wouldn't own a lot of equipment for running around outside town until that comes up.

These characters both overlap talent a bit, the Ranger being a trap guy and the Sorcerer a bit of a thug. You may want to look at the sheets to see how/wher talent fits with either/both. Obviously a Rogue can better than either in the specialties, but especially at low levels picks may want to be a little less unorthodox to broaden our options. I've also been assuming you'd handle the divine magic, whether druid or cleric. I can't hanlde the healing!

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

On Locations:

I know that the Antioch Library has a room that can be reserved and I can check on the Edmonton Pike branch as well tomorrow. Do we have a time in mind?

Downloads
    Uploads
    12-6 was what I was shooting for. Go ahead and ask around at those libraries. The one in Hermitage is available to be rented for 5$ an hour or 10$ per meeting. I'd prefer to just game at home, if we have to pay. Don't get me wrong, I understand them providing a room for a fee, but still... I'd like to avoid the Game Keep. I've gamed there enough. I think I've been spoiled on gaming at the house's of players/GMs of the group.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, all. Unfortunately I have had some personal issues come up and won't be free this afternoon. I am hoping this doesn't cause any problems, given we didn't have a location set yet anyway. I WILL be available next week....I am more than ready to get started.

The l;ibrary was closed yesterday, so I wasn't able to check on a room. I will take care of that...probably tomorrow...

Also, I am trying to get Skype up and running on my linux box. Do either of you have accounts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

I was contacted by Gavril regarding the game you all are trying to set up. I'd be very interested, but I could probably only play every other week (I'm married with a very young baby and work long hours, so not a ton of free time). Gavril recommended that I just post here and let you guys sort out whether you would be willing to take on a player who can't commit to a weekly session.

Assuming that is OK, have you figured out when and where you are going to play? Also, what holes do you need to be filled in the party? I often play clerics or paladins; in 4.0 speak i am usually a defender or leader. I am of course open to playing other roles as well to fill a hole in the party -- mostly what I want to do is get into a game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard,

Currently we have two players playing two characters each, to keep with the 4 person party = gold dynamic. If I can find more people, then I'd like to take it back down to 1 per person. A ranger and Sorcerer are confirmed. A druid has been mentioned, and am uncertain about the other. We need a healer, and a tank in MMO speak. Play whatever you're most comfortable with. Books available are the Pathfinder Core book, Advanced Player's Guide, and the Player's Guide to Rise of the Runelords(the last one being free from Paizo.com). Use a 20 pointbuy for stats. Information about their point system can be found at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

I've been thinking about play schedule, and might prefer us to change to every other week, but we could increase the time that we play(like from 9-6, accommodations permitting?). I work Sunday-Thursday and so am off one day a week that family is working. Moving to a bi-weekly schedule would give me time to hang out with family more, than a weekly thing. Just a point of discussion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be fine with going bi-weekly, especially if that gives us another player!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depending on the branch, the libraries around Nashville may not be the best idea. I'm reading over the Hermitage Library's list of rules and application now.

Gavril, you mentioned about gaming at your place? Not that I'm trying to invite us over, but is that option still on the table? I could also hold the game at my place, that way one person isn't stuck with having their household routine being messed up all the time. What say you guys?

Downloads
    Uploads
    My wife says she's still ok with us being here. Every other week would actually make things a lot easier on that front. Do we want to try to start Saturday? Also, please keep in mind, I am, and have been, out of work for a while, so please bring your own munchies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like I said, we'll switch out each game, so that no one house has to have their schedule disrupted too often. So it's set, Saturday at Gavril's home. Is 9-6 alright? I would understand if we gamed less with it being the first few sessions. Making sure we all jive together, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anything before 10:00 would not be condusive to continued good health. My wife is entirely too good a shot. However 10:00 till will be fine.

rbaldri and smithlrs, you guys need to get registered on the Yahoo Group...I'll use the mailgroup there to send out the address. You alos need to get your character(s) finalized and uploaded so we can see what, if any, backstory links we need to work out.

Looking forward to it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi guys, sorry to throw a wrench in the plans, but I won't be Able to start until next week; I have a longstanding previous committment this sat. In the future I could do more of a 4-5 hour session, but probably not 9-6 except every once in a while.

That said, I am looking forward to playing and have come up with a half-elven cleric of sarenrae who will be a strong healer and have a sideline of melée fighter. I will post him on the group shortly.

I have a few questions re character creation... Can you verify the following:

1. We are starting at first level?
    2. We roll starting gold, or do we use the average or the max?
    3. Two traits?
    4. Max hp at first level?
    5. How do skills work? Is it plus 3 to all class skills, plus ability mod and any ranks?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast