Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: Pathfinder
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: Hermitage
State: TN
Zip Code / Postal Code: 37076
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Saturday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder - Adventure path game

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The books that are available are any that Paizo has made for Pathfinder, however a lot of them won't apply. For instance the books for Osirion, Qadira, (Egypt/middle-east countries) won't have as much relavence to the country that you guys are starting in. The ones I would recommend would be the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game book, and The Player's Guide to Rise of the Runelords.

Check out the Pathfinder wiki at http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    It has a wealth of info. Search for information on Varisia, Sandpoint, Magnimar. I'll try to post a more comprehensive list of books allowed, as well as info pertaining to the area for you on the yahoo group, which you should join.

As far as location goes Gavril looks to be coming from Antioch, and Smyrna isn't far for me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pathfinder

I have some Pathfinder subscriptions and can try to upload some of the pdfs to the Yahoo site for us to use. I'm not sure in the Core book will be too big or not, but the race source books shouldn't be a problem. I'm a big fan on Paizo for continuing 3.X, so if you like the stuff, PLEASE buy a copy. lol.

The tiefling rules are in AP 25, so I'll try to put that out too.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Yep, I'm in Antioch/Cane Ridge, which is that sliver between I24 and Brentwood. We could probably meet here too...I don't think the wife would object and if she saw some games maybe I could finally get her interested. lol.

Wow, everything is big. I am trying to get the Chapter by Chapter pdfs and see if I can at least get 1) Sandpoint, 2) Tiefling Alts and 3) Character Creation uploaded. We'll see...

1 and 2 are loaded. 3 is running into problems due to the 5M limit. I am strying to resave the relivant files as txt and will try to upload shortly.
    Last edited by Gavril; 07-15-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would REALLY prefer that we not upload any kind of Paizo pdfs. I work at a job that enforces copyright law. If I tell others I can't copy something without permission, this isn't any different. UltimaGabe can either buy the book/pdf, use the SRD or ask myself/anyone else. I don't mean to freak out about this, but I don't think just posting pdfs of books is the right way to go.

Gabe, if you want to email me at ABennett 1 9 8 3 at yahoo DOT com and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

-Adam
    Last edited by Bromm; 07-15-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fair enough. I wouldn't upload whole books (to open forums) but view small group sharing as no different than shareing face to face, but I can understand your concerns. Interstingly enough, most of the Core Book is open content anyway, with the little blurbs at the beginning of chapters and pictures being pretty much the only things designated closed content.

I think I may contact Piazo and see what thier position on groups sharing content is.
    Last edited by Gavril; 07-16-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    At the bottom of the first page of the PDFs(inside the cover) it lists what is and is not open content under Open Content and Product Identity. Proper names, storylines, maps, locations, characters, artwork are all part of Product identity.

I don't mean to be an ******* about all of this but I've just dealt with this a lot. So perhaps I'm a tad gunshy about it. Not that Paizo is a fiend, and out to mercilessly prosecute anyone for any infringement. However, I wouldn't want to test them. I know that you're intentions were just to present the information. I hope this situation does not put a rift into a good game before anything starts as I'm sure all of us are looking forward to it.

Gabe, would your friend be able to play if we used your apartment?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No rift at all. I actually did write Paizo to ask them what they considered appropriate use, mustly just to satify my own curiosity. They own the Product Identity stuff, so I would assume they can make any calls they want to.

So we may have a 3rd player? Woo Hoo!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm down, just hit me up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, with a Ranger and a Bard, I'd thought to go with a half-elf druid. I'm still working on the back story, but thinking he started out as a novice at the local chapel. When it burned down, he fled into the local forest where he explored a natural connection with divinity found in all living things, in nature.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, guys, I'm sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to need to back out. I was just laid off from my job, and I'm going to need to devote all of my free time to finding a new one, or, if that's not an option, possibly relocating. I'll let you know if anything changes, but I just can't start a game up with things the way they are.

Once again, sorry, guys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, that sucks Gabe. Good luck with the job search, and hopefully you can join us soon enough. I understand, real life comes first.

So as for the rest of us, what do we want to do? Start Saturday the 24th as I planned with just the two characters? Hold off till we can find more? The problem is that a ranger and a druid, do not a full party make...

-Adam

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear that Gabe. I got laid off back in Feb, its a tough market to be in. Good luck!

Adam, I'd have to agree that 2 characters just isn't sufficient. Burnt Offerings and Skinshaw can be run with 3, I think, but by Hook Mountain, a 4th is really needed (although a couple good Cohorts could fill that role). My thought would be to post another thread looking for 1-2 players for Rise and take a week or 2 to try to find people. If that doesn't work, we can always think about running multiple characters, though I'd prefer avoiding that a if possible...

I'm game whatever you're up for.

-- John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, let's hold off on starting up the game, and I'll post another thread looking for additional folks. I'm gonna shoot for the 7th, to give us two weeks, for the game. If we haven't found anyone, I'll have you guys run an additional character or make cohorts or something. We'll figure it out.

-Adam

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's been just a few days since I posted the other game, however, it's gotten 50+ views and no replies. So, just throwing out some options for consideration:

-Playing multiple characters
    - Playing Gestalt characters(as was introduced in 3.5 via Unearthed Arcana. You choose two classes and get the benefit of both, the better attack bonus, save progressions, etc.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Either would be fine with me. Gestalt is easier to roleplay. Two characters will keep things power even (if that makes sense).

Alternatively, we could just start a few level higher. Two third level characters should be able to handle what 3 first level characters would.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While Pathfinder has done a lot to fix the grappling problems...I'd still vote for more characters rather than more powerful characters.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast