Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: Pathfinder
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: Hermitage
State: TN
Zip Code / Postal Code: 37076
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Saturday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder - Adventure path game

Downloads
    Uploads

Pathfinder - Adventure path game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm looking for players for a Pathfinder game. Running either Second Darkness, Curse of the Crimson Throne, or any of the other paths, if there's enough interest. Nothing formed as of yet, just testing the waters.

Looking for people on Saturdays, noon till 6, maybe starting earlier or later. We'll work things out.

As for what AP we'll play, I'm putting it to a vote:
    1. Rise of the Runelords
    2. Curse of the Crimson Throne
    3. Second Darkness
    4. Legacy of Fire
    5. Council of Thieves
    6. Kingmaker

looking forward to hearing from folks,
    -Adam
    Last edited by Bromm; 07-05-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be interested in playing in just about any of the Adventure Paths except CotCT. I tend to agree with the major critisim of it, that the city is SO currupt that saving it seems really unnatural. :lol. I'd actually be partial to Kingmaker, as the first Pathfinder Path, it presumably has been balanced for all the changes from 3.5. Of the earlier Paths, I'd most enjoy RotRL and CoT also looks interesting.SD is far to much of a "succeed or destroy the world" for my taste and LoF didn't catch my interest.

I tend towards Sorcerers and Rangers for characters, although Clerics/Druids and Rogues are interesting too.

Hope this happens, it's been far too long sense I had a regular game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be up for a Saturday game and tend to play whatever needs to be played.

Downloads
    Uploads
    CoCT immediately spoke to me, but I see what you mean Gavril. I'm not as partial to Kingmaker and I don't know why. I've just started looking at it truthfully. So, I'll edit the initial post to reflect a vote for what path people want to play in.

Saturday at noon(perhaps even earlier) seems to be what I'm shooting for now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    vote:
    1. Rise of the Runelords

Have you heard from anyone else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello!

I just came across this board today, and was referred to this campaign by Gavril. I live in Smyrna, and would LOVE to be a part of this campaign, if you'll have me. The only Pathfinder AP I'm familiar with is the first half of Rise of the Runelords- I still had a Dungeon subscription when it ran out, so I got the first three (maybe four) issues of it, and although I only skimmed over it, I really liked the setting.

As of right now, I'm available every day after noon, and on weekends even before noon. Let me know what you think!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gavril, I have not heard from anyone else, despite my efforts.

UltimaGabe, sure we'll have you! With rbaldri that makes 3. I just need one or two more and then we can make it official

So that's two votes for Rise of the Runelords. Seems like a good place to start.

Character generation parameters:
    - 20 point stat-buy
    - Core PFRPG classes for now
    - No evil alignments, and tie yourself into Sandpoint in some way
    - Any of the other pathfinder books are open for use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quick question. When did you plan on starting? Were you hoping to meet this weekend, or did you want to wait until we had more people?

Downloads
    Uploads

Character Concept

Hi guys. Since we know the point build now, I've started putting together a character idea. It's a Tiefling Ranger native to Sandpoint. A hunter/trapper, his first favored enemy is Animals and he will eventually probably cross-class to rogue for the trap spotter ability. He'll probably take the archer path as well.

Anyone else have some ideas in mind yet? I am also assuming we use "standard" starting gold?

Pax!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gavril, yes standard gold. Did you want to use the alternate Tiefling traits presented in Pathfinder(30 i think?). The first issue of Council of Thieves has other random tables, much like the 2nd edition planescape for Tieflings.

UltimaGabe, It looks like I just have you and Gavril as players as I've not heard anything from rbaldri save the initial post. I think our first session will be the 24th, regardless of having 4 or not. I've created a group on yahoo, and will message you and Gavril with it's address so you can join.

Also, if needed, familiarize yourself with Sandpoint via the Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide available for free from Paizo.com.

-Adam

Downloads
    Uploads

Character Concept

Yep, I am using the alternate abilities. Asura-spawn. No Darkness but +2 INT. I'm working on background hooks in Sandpoint and equipment list now. I should have an initial sheet worked up to send on shortly.

I'm looking forward to the 24th. So do you have a location in mind yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll start building my character today. I would also like to know the location- I have a close friend from a previous D&D group that would definitely be interested, but he lives in Columbia, so the distance may be too much for him (depending on where it is).

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Wow. I've never statted a 20-point character before, and it's looking... interesting. I don't know how long it's been since my highest stat, after racial adjustments, was a 16...

Anywho, I'm thinking about being a human bard. (Possibly female.) Just an idea for now, though- I haven't gotten around to reading up on Sandpoint, so I may change it if something sparks my interest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool. I'd love to see a Pathfinder Bard in action. The updates make the class look much more interesting. I would recommend the Keeper of the Old Ways trait from the Osirion sourcebook, adapted for Varisia. The two settings are so close this "regional" trait seems like a good fit in the North. Need to check with the GM though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    so the highest ability you purchases was 14? The stats start at 10 across the board. 20 points nets you 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 14. That nets you an 18 with racial mods. You can lower a stat to as low as 7 to get more points. If you don't have the pathfinder rpg book, check www.d20pfsrd.com for the breakdown on points.

As for location, I live in Hermitage and was considering using my place to game. I don't have a good space for gaming though. I don't really want to game at The Game Keep in Hermitage. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone has them.

-Adam

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromm View Post
    so the highest ability you purchases was 14? The stats start at 10 across the board. 20 points nets you 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 14. That nets you an 18 with racial mods. You can lower a stat to as low as 7 to get more points. If you don't have the pathfinder rpg book, check www.d20pfsrd.com for the breakdown on points.
    Ah, I didn't realize Pathfinder starts at 10 (it's been a long time since I've used any kind of point-buy). That would explain it. I guess I hadn't seen that page on the SRD.

I don't own any of the Pathfinder books, and have been purely using the SRD- so a lot of what you guys are mentioning (like pathfinder Tieflings and whatnot) are all completely foreign to me. Could someone give me a list of what books are allowed? I could probably find a .pdf version of them if I had the names.

And, yeah, the more I think about it, the more I'm liking this character concept of mine. I'm thinking a female human bard, possibly a writer (or an aspiring writer) for the Pathfinder Chronicles. I've got some more little twists in her backstory, but I'll save that for later.

Also, I'm not sure where everybody's coming from, but I live in Smyrna, and if need be I'd be happy to host the game at my apartment.
    Last edited by UltimaGabe; 07-15-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast