Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: Gamma World w/4E rules being released later this year...

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thanks for the sci-fi activity/update, Thoth

9 27.27%
  • Oh, sooo very cool

9 27.27%
  • Haven't played it for years. Gotta check it out

6 18.18%
  • It's 4e? Ugh, not so interested

12 36.36%
  • It's 4E... I love 4E. Will only make the game even more cooler!

6 18.18%
  • Poll Lurker Option for the site lurkers that prefer to vote their mind.

3 9.09%
  • Other, for there is always an other, for the... others

3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons—Gamma World: Gamma World RPG Box, preorder October 2010

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dungeons & Dragons—Gamma World: Gamma World RPG Box, preorder October 2010

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Dungeons & Dragons—Gamma World: Gamma World RPG Box
    Wizards of the Coast

A wacky, wily roleplaying game of post-apocalyptic peril.

Earth. After the apocalypse. Never mind the radiation you're gonna like it here.

The D&D Gamma World Roleplaying Game offers hours of rollicking entertainment in a savage land of adventure, where the survivors of some mythical future disaster must contend with radioactive wastes, ravaged cities, and rampant lawlessness. Against a nuclear backdrop, heroic scavengers search crumbled ruins for lost artifacts while battling mutants and other perils.

This product is a complete, stand-alone roleplaying game that uses the 4th Edition D&D Roleplaying Game system as its foundation. It appeals to D&D players as well as gamers interested in fantasy science fiction set in a bizarre, post-apocalyptic world.

160-page book with rules for character creation, game rules, and an adventure 2 sheets of die-cut character and monster tokens 2 double-sided battle maps Cardstock character sheets and mutation power cards Mutation power card deck Loot power card deck

Preorder - Expected approximately October 2010

How cool is that?

I absolutely love Gamma World, just not 4E - but that's just me. I do, however, realize that many many of my fellow gamers love the rulesystem, including my best gaming buddy, so i thought i'd share the good news with the rest of you here on pnpg.

Game On!
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't played gamma world in a long time. I would play in a game if one of our group wanted to run it. but I'm not going to rush out and buy it.

I am glad they're re-releasing it with 4e ruleset, as there is a generation of younger players who have never played gamma world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My concern is the way I hear they're handling mutations... I understand your mutations will change after every Full Rest, and you will use a collectible card deck to determine what mutations you get for the day.

I really hope I'm wrong, but if they do it this way I'll be giving it a pass.
    RPGAlaska.com - a gaming community for Alaskans!

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That doesn't work for me, but the newest generation of players would probably love it.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm really hoping it won't be too hard to house-rule it if that is the case... I'm inclined to think it won't be too much of a stretch to just not let the players change their mutations. I understand it comes with a "starter deck," so I think I can make that work.

I also hope they either modify the 4e character builder to allow it, or come out with a customized version for it, as I'm far too lazy these days to make a character by hand. heheheheheh

Downloads
    Uploads
    new gamma world is starting to smell of lame

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, not to sure I'm going to like the dial-a-mutation approach, if that is the way they take it.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I said in the other thread about this, this hasn't been confirmed... I am hoping that the information I have is wrong. The main reason I give it credence is more to do with the collectible card thing - we all know Wizards would really like to figure out some way to make tabletop RPGs into a collectible experience. I am not ready to say it will suck until I see if this is or isn't the case, and until I know how easy it will be to just ignore the stupid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    As I said in the other thread about this, this hasn't been confirmed... I am hoping that the information I have is wrong. The main reason I give it credence is more to do with the collectible card thing - we all know Wizards would really like to figure out some way to make tabletop RPGs into a collectible experience. I am not ready to say it will suck until I see if this is or isn't the case, and until I know how easy it will be to just ignore the stupid.
    I figured it might be speculation and a dial-a-mutation approach won't stop me from checking out the game. But if they hypothetically went in that direction, I'd probably house rule it out. I'd allow it for first time character creation, but after the characters were created, I'd lock the mutations in.

Well at least until I exposed them to some form of radiation or contamination!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I actually don't have a problem with a card mechanic as a way to determine mutations - although I do take umbrage at the collectability of those cards, but that's another issue entirely.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't see anything there about the cards being collectible, in the Magic sense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They may have changed it... that was covered in the first article I ever read about the new GW edition. Sorry, don't still have the link to the article, but a Google I Feel Lucky for "Gamma World Collectible Cards" turns up this, which goes so far as to show the cost of the booster packs.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That dog isn't dead yet? I didn't think much of the original concept, and I have seen post apocalyptic done so much better by so many others. (Yes, there is a copy in my archive)

Frankly if it it is anything like the original game it is going to suck, Forry just adds to the suckage. If it isn't anything like the origional game it can only suck less.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    heheheh... tell us how ya really feel. ;-)

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamma World sucks? Someone better tell the world because we all didn't get the newsflash.

Actually,
    Gamma World didn't suck. It was great for the younger crowd of rpg players. What sucks is that they tried to make it D20. Of course that's just my own personal preference in regards to my individual tastes. I will, however, say that bringing out D20-4E Gamma World is great for it draws in a whole new generation of players... which is good.

I also loved that it wasn't balanced. As with all rpgs, homebrewing rules makes the game all the more... spicy. As tesral is fond of saying: Rulings, not rules, makes a game great
    - paraphrased.

Mighty Thoth has left his mental signature.

Oh, and for those not in the know: There is another version of Gamma World called Darwin's World that's been out for a few years.
    Check it out when you have the time
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 08-02-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast