Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Supers! Sourcebook out now only $4

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Supers! Sourcebook out now only $4

A book of extras for the SUPERS! Comic Book Role Playing Game. Whilst SUPERS! will always remain a simple game to play, options are always welcome! This sourcebook presents some optional rules, new powers as well as new ads & disads. Not only that, there is a brief history of Supersville, and its first ever Super, Horace Wagstaff as well as several plot hooks. Then there is a longer adventure Double Trouble, and 21 fully statted supers and super villains. If you love Supers! then you have to add this sourcebook to your gaming collection.

Pick it up at RPGNow.

If you missed out on picking up SUPERS! Comic Book Role Playing Game - it is on special offer for only $6.00.

Why not get them both now, while they're hot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Simon,

will these extras be in the Cubicle 7 version?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by urbwar View Post
    Simon,

No they won't.

I'm hoping C7 pick up the sourcebook too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
    No they won't.

I'm hoping C7 pick up the sourcebook too.
    Ah, ok. Just wanted to check before picking it up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great little book Simon!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Simon,

On pg.30, you list Claws, but Claws doesn't exist in Supers! or in the Sourcebook as a New Power. Also, on pg.40 Aphid has Elemental Powers, which should be Elemental Control instead, right? And on pg.43, Tombstone has the Split Attack Power Boost. It's not in any of the books either. Claws and Split Attack are pretty self explanatory for someone who's gamed before, but may be tricky for a newbie?

-Nathan
    Last edited by Nathan H.; 05-30-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan H. View Post
    Simon,

On pg.30, you list Claws, but Claws doesn't exist in Supers! or in the Sourcebook as a New Power. Also, on pg.40 Aphid has Elemental Powers, which should be Elemental Control instead, right? And on pg.43, Tombstone has the Split Attack Power Boost. It's not in any of the books either. Claws and Split Attack are pretty self explanatory for someone who's gamed before, but may be tricky for a newbie?

-Nathan
    Thanks. I'll get on it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Simon,

Hello, I just bought SUPERS! and your Sourcebook. Will you be sending updates through RPGNow to those who bought the books when you make corrections?

Loving the game so far. I love rules light super hero games, and yours is shaping up to be one of the best.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by magehammer View Post
    Simon,

Hello, I just bought SUPERS! and your Sourcebook. Will you be sending updates through RPGNow to those who bought the books when you make corrections?

Loving the game so far. I love rules light super hero games, and yours is shaping up to be one of the best.

Yes, any updates are available for free download from RPGNow.

Hey, its cool that you like SUPERS!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Simon. Good to hear.

Last night, I created my first character, and since I already had a background and Powers in mind, it took all of 15 minutes! I love fast character creation.

I wish you much success with this game. And keep the SUPERS! products coming!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quick question. In the Source book, under the 20D character creation option in regards to Ads and Disads, "gaining 1D for Ads and losing 1D for any Disads". This seems inconsistent with how I understand the use of Ads and Disads with standard character creation: for every Ad you must take a Disad. Or if you take a Disad and don't see an Ad you like, simply add 1D to your Competency Dice. Okay, but are you also adding 1D if you take an Ad in addition to the benefit the Ad is granting?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by magehammer View Post
    Quick question. In the Source book, under the 20D character creation option in regards to Ads and Disads, "gaining 1D for Ads and losing 1D for any Disads". This seems inconsistent with how I understand the use of Ads and Disads with standard character creation: for every Ad you must take a Disad. Or if you take a Disad and don't see an Ad you like, simply add 1D to your Competency Dice. Okay, but are you also adding 1D if you take an Ad in addition to the benefit the Ad is granting?
    Oops Typo alert. Of course it should be gaining 1D for Disads and losing 1D for Ads. I'll get on it. Thanks for that.
    Last edited by Simon W; 06-04-2010 at 01:24 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Simon!

Again, great product!

I saw the option about rolling for mooks etc, and this made me wonder:

Would it work if mooks were just assigned a single d6 each and rolled for as one? So if a hero was being attacked by say 3 mooks, they roll 3d6 against you, and each time you "kill" one they roll one less die? This could also be used to make Hazards a little more interesting if i am visualising things correctly no?

I just thought i'd mention it here and see if you think that would work for this system as well? I ask as you have the most experience running Supers!

Sincerely,

discuit.
    Last edited by discuit; 06-08-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Maths bungle. :(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by discuit View Post
    Hi Simon!

Again, great product!

I saw the option about rolling for mooks etc, and this made me wonder:

Would it work if mooks were just assigned a single d6 each and rolled for as one? So if a hero was being attacked by say 3 mooks, they roll 3d6 against you, and each time you "kill" one they roll one less die? This could also be used to make Hazards a little more interesting if i am visualising things correctly no?

I just thought i'd mention it here and see if you think that would work for this system as well? I ask as you have the most experience running Supers!

Sincerely,

discuit.
    That sounds feasible, yes.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by urbwar View Post
    Simon,

When I answered this question before, it wasn't intended that the two books would be combined. But now, C7 have suggested they prefer to do it that way, so the print SUPERS! book sold by Cubicle 7 will be a 115page full colour, softcover book, incorporating the sourcebook.

This will not change the pdf though - which will remain 2 separate downloads,

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
    When I answered this question before, it wasn't intended that the two books would be combined. But now, C7 have suggested they prefer to do it that way, so the print SUPERS! book sold by Cubicle 7 will be a 115page full colour, softcover book, incorporating the sourcebook.

This will not change the pdf though - which will remain 2 separate downloads,
    Simon,

I'm actually kind of glad they wanted it combined. More info in one book is a good thing to me. I'm glad teh pdf's are staying separate though, since I bought both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast