Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
"What Up" from Jacksonville, FL
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: "What Up" from Jacksonville, FL

Downloads
    Uploads

"What Up" from Jacksonville, FL

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "Hello" just seemed so played out. I've honestly been on this site for a few years, now, but haven't really perused the forums as of yet since, frankly, I've mainly been looking for a group. However, as the internet community is not actively populated by Jacksonville gamers, I've gotten bored today and decided to drop a quick "what up" through the forums. Trust me, I've checked enworld, here, nearbygamers, wizard's gamer classifieds, meetup.com's local groups (how hard is it to answer a simple email in over a week's time of waiting? Ask the moderators of the groups in Jax, they know! Good luck getting a response, though.)

I never really enjoyed online games (too infrequent, no actual human contact, turnover rate high, etc.) and PbP seems more like storytelling than actually playiing a game. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find a real one soon enough.

Some good conversation with fellow geeks ought to lighten me up a bit, though. :-D

Oh, and please don't regard my coloquial greeting and moderately flippant conversationalism as any bearing apart from maturity. I'm actually not too far from my third decade. (Which is part of the reason for trouble finding a group. I mean, they all seem to be kids these days...)
    Last edited by TheGreenTeaGamer; 05-24-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am well passed my fourth decade... don't I deserve a second childhood?! We are expected to be professional and mature at work and in the community. Can't we be free sometimes... one geek to another?

Sup, Mo fo? Don't be cripin it! Represent for JAX! Yo!

Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, nice to see you posting on the forums. Welcome from a fellow Floridian! I think a 190 mile commute is a bit much, but hopefully, you'll find someone closer to you. We get enough people to join PnP Games and we'll have more people to game with!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape View Post
    Hey, nice to see you posting on the forums. Welcome from a fellow Floridian! I think a 190 mile commute is a bit much, but hopefully, you'll find someone closer to you. We get enough people to join PnP Games and we'll have more people to game with!
    I see the occasional person join every few weeks, or even months, but usually it's with minimal information filled out, looking for a group. I have seen, since I joined this site, maybe two games posted. It's sad, because as far as the setup of a website, this seems the most indepth, user-friendly, and all around well put together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenTeaGamer View Post
    (Which is part of the reason for trouble finding a group. I mean, they all seem to be kids these days...)
    I feel your pain there. My SO and I traveled a long way to get to the closest game shop to our new house for a "game day." Almost everyone there was a teenager (playing D&D and apparently wishing they were playing a video game or a trading card game instead). We probably won't go back.

Welcome to the site.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome to the boards.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome to P&PG. Yes, online gaming can be a hard thing to get started. Also, it took about 8 months afters posting up my "Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" game on the Campaign Invitations section before I got anyone that wanted to play in it. Hang in there and hopefully you will find some other players. A couple other possible ways/places to find some players would be to check if any local colleges have a game group or check out the Morale,Welfare & Recreation Dept. of military bases.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    Hello and welcome to P&PG. Yes, online gaming can be a hard thing to get started.

Oh, I'm not looking for an online game....I'm looking for a R/L game, and using the internet to find it. There's only two game stores I know of in town, one is a considerable bit of a haul from here, and the other one doesn't seem to have a message board, so I figured the next best thing would be the net.

Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    Also, it took about 8 months afters posting up my "Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" game on the Campaign Invitations section before I got anyone that wanted to play in it. Hang in there and hopefully you will find some other players. A couple other possible ways/places to find some players would be to check if any local colleges have a game group or check out the Morale,Welfare & Recreation Dept. of military bases.
    Yeah, I'll try. As you can see by the "date joined" under my name, I've been hanging in a while, lol. I actually am a back-to-school'er, so I know about the college, but the military base thing is a new idea to me. Worth a shot. Thanks