Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Vehicle Combat - Am I missing something? - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vehicle Combat - Am I missing something?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The size modifier to Reflex Defense is meant to represent this. The EU of Star Wars has also shown that there is little difference between vehicle scale weapons and character scale weapons EXCEPT for turbolasers. Which is why Jedi are seen deflecting vehicle weapon fire.
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My own houserule:

I have no problems with a Jedi deflecting things from vehicles, provided it does not deal more than 3d10x2 damage. Damage that is 4d10x2 or greater, the Jedi may still attempt to deflect it, however, while it is not an area attack targeting one character, when I roll damage, I treat it as though it is an area attack. SO, unless the Jedi has negate energy, they're still going to get hit with something.

If I was using the Destiny mechanic, I might allow the expenditure of a Destiny Point to deflect anything but a turbolaser. However, after seeing the Destiny mechanic in play, for me they are the tool of a (my apologies in advance) munchkin, weeny gamer who looks for EVERY advantage and tool they can find to break the system...teh destiny mechanic does just that, BREAKS Saga.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually it is just the Destiny Point to auto-crit that breaks Saga. I have since houseruled that away and they are much more useful. I have also taken to giving my players 2 DPs per level to encourage them to use them more often. The most common are avoid crit and act out of turn, but at higher levels there are several abilities that key off of using a DP, and it just was not feasible when every player would just save them up for auto-crits.

They also allow the extraordinary happen for characters that are not Force Sensitive, similar to what we see in the EU.
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even with the removal of the auto-crit, DPs are still too much. I want my players to have extraordinary moments without the use of a highly suspect mechanic. I go out of my way to present opportunities for it as a GM. I've found that I like really gritty games free of mechanical trump cards.

A houserule due to lack of DPs, is that any ability, feat, or talent that has a DP requirement cannot be taken, and DP boosts to force powers, feats, or what have you, just don't exist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12