Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: D&D Miniatures Trading

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

D&D Miniatures Trading

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I had to talked to someone about this a while back, though I can't remember who. I've thought about it a while and decided to see if we can get something going.

I have a number of miniatures from the D&D miniatures line, the plastic ones, no metal or pewter. I was wanting to trade with people locally. No mailing across country or any of that. Just compare lists, figure out what we can trade then arrange to meet in person and exchange.

If you are interested let me know by posting here or sending me a PM. It'll take me a while to go through my minis and see what I can trade. Probably nothing spectacular, most likely anyone wanting to trade will be trying to get rid of their ubiquitous commons too.

Although, looking over my shoulder at the shelf behind me, I could probably trade some of my huge minis as well.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Playing 1e and 2e D&D most my life I really didn't have the need (or want the added expense) of minis. As you know Im gearing up for 4e and (as you also know) the mechanics are wrote around and for minis. So that leaves a hole in the campagne. Since Im just starting out my money is going toward core books and other basic needs. If you have any common minis your willing to part with at garage sale prices I would be interested. If not I understand...Im just fishing in the dark here.

My wallet is already feeling the strain of building 4e from the ground up. I guess thats price every DM has to pay, huh?
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back." ~Maximus Decimus Meridius

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Define Garage Sale Prices.

I have approximately 60 miniatures that I could part with. A good variety from various sets. It'll cover most of the basics, plus some odds and ends that I have multiples of. Most of them are D&D minis, but 5 of them are plastic Reaper minis. They are exclusively monsters too, though I think the Troglodyte Brute with a new paint job and a weapon would make a decent dragonborn barbarian character.

I'd take 2 Jackson's for the whole lot, or if you would rather pick and choose let me know what you are interested in and I'll give you a price. If you want, check out ABprices.com to comparison shop. It should cost about 50-55 dollars for the whole lot, and that's if you were able to pick and choose the lowest price from each store. Also, I won't charge shipping and handling since you live just down the road a bit.

So If garage sale prices come out to .66 each, then we may be in business.

Huge
    Blackroot Treant (tree guy)
    Armored Guulvorg (big wolf guy)
    Chain Golem (in case you need a tow somewhere guy)

Large
    Ogre Pulverizer (big dumb guy)
    Clay Golem (easily immobilized by tempering him with sand, then firing him with a fireball guy)
    Magma Brute (Red hot magma)

Medium & Small
    Troglodyte Brute x2
    Troglodyte Bonecrusher x2
    Troglodyte Curse Chanter
    Cave Bear
    Bugbear Warrior
    Bugbear Gang Leader x2
    Bugbear Lancebreaker
    Bugbear Strangler
    Doomdreamer
    Gnaw Demon
    Skeletal Tiefling x2
    Acheron Goblin
    Grey Peak Goblin Archer
    Goblin Runner x4 (maybe 5)
    Hobgoblin Warcaster x2
    Hobgoblin Marshal
    Degenerate Cultist of Orcus
    Galeb Duhr x2
    Infernal Armor x2
    Deathlock Wight
    Kobold Archer x2
    Guard Drake x2
    Flame Scorched Kobold x 3
    Ettercap Webspinner
    Runespiral Demon x3
    Blackwoods Dryad
    Boneshard Skeleton
    Orc Savage
    Deathgrasp Sarcaphagus
    Blood Vol Fanatic
    Snaketongue Cultist
    Ochre Jelly (mmmmmm jelly)

Reaper (plastic)
    Orc x3
    Skeleton x2

Think it over, if it's to much for your budget then I have some genuine official WotC card stock tokens you can have for free.
    Last edited by kirksmithicus; 08-25-2010 at 11:43 PM.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats A Deal

That is great! I think your price is more than fair. I'll take the whole lot. Those minis will give me a good base to start with. I'll send you a message sometime today and give you directions. I think you already have my cell number, right? Thanks Kirk!

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

I just checked out ABprices.com, thats a cool Lil website. I wasn't checking it out to comparison shop from your list. I just wanted to see what it was about. Have you ever bought anything from there? Do you buy from the site or from individual sellers? Im sitting at work and didn't have time to check out the details.
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back." ~Maximus Decimus Meridius

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do have your number, but I'll have to figure out when I can meet up with you. Right now, it looks like I might be able to do Friday afternoon. If not then, it'll have to wait until next week.

ABprices rocks. I hadn't used it a while either, so I was a little surprised to see all of the new vendors they have listed. It's okay, I don't mind if you did, I certainly would, and I do use it to evaluate lots of mini's on ebay to determine whether it's worth bidding on them and how much.
    The site is just a compiler of sources so that you can compare prices and availability between different stores, which is just awesome. You have to buy directly from the individual sellers. So if you know what you want, you can put all that in and the site will tell you which stores have what and the lowest priced vendor (including shipping) for the whole lot of miniatures you selected. You can pick out a few at random and see how it works with the comparison thing.

I've ordered from Miniature Market, Altereality and Game Hollow. They are good sized stores with reliable reputations, and good prices. When I first started buying mini's I just went for bulk and bought stuff that was less than a $1.00. Now that I've been playing a while, I know what I want and what I'll use, so I've been getting some of the bigger ones.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are good places for game supplies (Miniature Market, Lateraled and Game Hollow). Matter of fact I booked marked all three. If I remember right I did a search for sites like that and found nothing I really liked. Amazon has got the bulk of my business this month. Its amazing how the prices flucuate at diffrent sites/stores. I seen a $40 price difference in one of the larger minis alone! I will do my "homework" when shopping from now on. Anyways you save me some time by suggesting those places...just wanted to say thanx.

I'll write you sometime tonight about getting together and buying those minis from you. I got a complicated schedule the next few days but I'll explain it later.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No prob, just let me know.