Hi everyone, as this is my first post may i begin by offering greetings to you all.

I have recently begun playing with the 3.5 D&D rules and am loving it so far. But to come straight to the point, it occurs to me that there is seemingly nothing stopping a player becoming what i would call a 'Non-Commital': that is, a character who continually multi-classes every time he levels up, until he is level 1 in all classes, then continues until he is level 2 in all classes, etc. i.e. a character whose profession is to learn anything and everything available to him, without ever dedicating himself to any particular class. (Ofcourse, Paladin and Monk classes would be limited)

I wished to ask if this has been discussed elsewhere, if so please point me in the right direction.

Also, has anyone had experience of attempting to play as a 'Non-Committal'? How useful would he be? Is this just for players who want an insanely difficult challenge? What pre-requisites would apply? (A high INT comes to mind to balance skills)

Any thoughts on the matter welcome...