Hi there, neighbor, I'm jpatterson (JP for short), a user and chat moderator here on Pen & Paper Games. First off, welcome to the PPG site and forums if you haven't been welcomed! Feel free to post and ask questions, start topics, look for games, make posts looking for games or players or just chat in the Introductions and Offtopic forum categories.

I'd also like to take a moment to turn your attention to PPG's local site chatroom, its activity displayed in real-time at the top of most pages on here, so you can see what's going on and what other PPG members are in chat. All kinds of things go on in chat, from general conversation in the main room, sometimes about gaming and design and various systems, sometimes offtopic, you might even find a simple word game, or anything else, and you'll usually find friendly members posting links to various things or talking about their current projects or games or who-knows-what. Chat also has a pretty sophisticated dice roller like the forums, allowing you to even make exploding dice rolls and do math, plus it also has a newly implemented card draw feature for people that use 54-card decks for any gaming.

Speaking of gaming in chat, there are a handful of private rooms (though they can't be locked or new ones created) that allow players to engage in real-time online chat gaming. Some rooms even have voice and webcam capability for those interested. I have run a normal text-chat campaign of Solomon Kane for the Savage Worlds system in PPG chat, once a week, for over three years, with 2-7 players at varying times, so it is doable.

So if you have some time and are curious, please stop into chat and say hi, ask questions, get to know people, share your experiences, maybe find a game, who knows. Whether you're new to this site, new to gaming or an old hand, you're welcome in PPG chat! See you soon! -JP