Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: SPACERS! (Using the SUPERS! system)

Downloads
    Uploads

SPACERS! (Using the SUPERS! system)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    After finishing up a sourcebook/adventure book for use with the SUPERS! Comic Book Role Playing Game, I'll be working on a space opera setting and rpg called SPACERS! Using the system found in SUPERS! adapted the the genre, it will be a Star Wars style fast paced game of high adventure. I'll be loooking to release this early in 2011.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am very interested in a system break down. What is the difference or similarity between Barbarians of Lemuria, your post-apocalypse game, and SUPERS!?
    Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
    Bard, Dreamer & RPG Enthusiast
    October Northwest

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trechriron View Post
    I am very interested in a system break down. What is the difference or similarity between Barbarians of Lemuria, your post-apocalypse game, and SUPERS!?
    Hi, thanks for asking.

Barbarians of Lemuria (BoL) is a rules-lite swords & sorcery rpg. It has an active community here, where you can find out all sorts of stuff about it. There is an early free version of the rules still available for download here, if you want to get a feel for the rules (bare in mind there have been many changes made in both the rules and the setting). It uses 2d6+attribute+career/combat ability as the basic mechanic. It is now published in print by Cubicle 7 and is available at your local store. My other game Dogs of W*A*R (based on the Mack Bolan/Able Team/Phoenix Force books) uses the BoL system too. There is a BoL western game and a BoL superhero game in the works.

I don't have a post-apoc version of the game, but Barbarians of The Aftermath by Jabberwocky Productions uses the BoL System and requires BoL to play. It will be published shortly by Cubicle 7.

SUPERS! is a simple superhero game, using a dice pool mechanic. There will be a full review at RPGNet shortly - I'll post a link when it's up. Basically, you pick a Power, roll the dice and have to exceed a target number (kinda like Star Wars D6). However, Resistances (kinda like defense/hit points) are broken down into Composure, Reaction, Fortitude and Will. When you take damage (determined by how well you succeed your roll, no separate damage roll needed) you allocate the damage from one of these Resistances. When one of them reaches 0, the effects depend on which one it is (knocked out for Fortitude, traumatised for loss of Will, etc).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
    After finishing up a sourcebook/adventure book for use with the SUPERS! Comic Book Role Playing Game, I'll be working on a space opera setting and rpg called SPACERS! Using the system found in SUPERS! adapted the the genre, it will be a Star Wars style fast paced game of high adventure. I'll be loooking to release this early in 2011.
    This would be very cool!

Downloads
    Uploads
    (...)I'll be working on a space opera setting and rpg called SPACERS! Using the system found in SUPERS! adapted the the genre, it will be a Star Wars style fast paced game of high adventure. I'll be loooking to release this early in 2011.
    This sounds interesting. Any particular reason why you chose to use the Supers! rules for this and not the BoL rules?
    The American movie took the god out of Godzilla - Toho Film Company Ltd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PetWW View Post
    This sounds interesting. Any particular reason why you chose to use the Supers! rules for this and not the BoL rules?
    Mainly because there are several BoL products already out and a few still in the making. With the rules in all of those games, anyone interested can come up with their own sci fi conversion (I believe le Grumph has done a cool one already - pity it's in French!). I don't really think BoL will stand too many more products or it is in danger of imploding.

I now want to move my focus a bit and see how far I can stretch this new set of rules - I think there is a lot that can still be done with SUPERS!

Downloads
    Uploads
    (...)I don't really think BoL will stand too many more products or it is in danger of imploding.
    Good point. And though I like BoL a lot, I also feel that space opera would require something with a slightly different flavour. I suppose I should have phrased my question a bit differently: did any qualities in particular of the SUPERS! rules make you think of doing a space opera game with them?

I now want to move my focus a bit and see how far I can stretch this new set of rules - I think there is a lot that can still be done with SUPERS!
    Well, I'll certainly follow the developments with interest!
    The American movie took the god out of Godzilla - Toho Film Company Ltd

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Are you looking for playtesters, by chance?

I'd LOVE to playtest a game that recaptures the feel of ye ol' Star Wars D6! It was my first...you never forget your first!

-EF

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any progress on this?
    "It's taken me all these years to realize that the Laws of Time are mine, and they will obey me!" - the Doctor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysun View Post
    Any progress on this?
    Nothing as yet - but it will move forward next year...

Thanks for asking

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like EldritchFire if when the time is right you need some playtesters I volunteer.
    "It's taken me all these years to realize that the Laws of Time are mine, and they will obey me!" - the Doctor

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I may be so bold I would like to request that there be a section on merging Supers and Spacers. Reason being in the superhero game I run for my kids (and my brother runs for his group) there are aliens and spaceships. So it would be nice to easily combine the two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all,
    Just FYI, there is already a "Spacers" RPG out there and the name is trademarked: http://www.perytonpublishing.com/spacers.htm (I was googling that game and found this thread.)
    -Christy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Anat13 View Post
    Hi all,
    Just FYI, there is already a "Spacers" RPG out there and the name is trademarked
    Hmm...most interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Anat13 View Post
    Hi all,
    Just FYI, there is already a "Spacers" RPG out there and the name is trademarked: http://www.perytonpublishing.com/spacers.htm (I was googling that game and found this thread.)
    -Christy
    Are you sure it's trademarked? I didn't find that to be so when I checked the list at the trademark office website.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast