Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: [Rite Publishing] Erick Wujcik’s Diceless Role-Playing

Downloads
    Uploads

[Rite Publishing] Erick Wujcik’s Diceless Role-Playing

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Rite Publishing has reached an agreement with Diceless by Design to publish a product “Powered by Erick Wujcik’s Diceless Role-Playing”. Fans of Erick Wujcik’s work (Amber Diceless Role-Playing, Shadow Knight) will finally get to enjoy a new experience and setting for this system.

Read the full press release.
    Steve "Qwilion" Russell
    Rite Publishing

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I for one am glad you're updating the system and releasing it with a different setting. I'm not a big fan of the Amber novels, but the Amber RPG has some really nifty ideas for demigod-level characters.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    You didn't get the rights to Amber though did you?
    No, I did not even attempt to do so. It looks like a deep legal quagmire and I do not wish to go down.

But with the nature of shadow it will be as compatible with the Amber setting as GMs choose for it to be, but it will be written as a stand-alone setting.
    Steve "Qwilion" Russell
    Rite Publishing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RitePublishing View Post
    No, I did not even attempt to do so. It looks like a deep legal quagmire and I do not wish to go down.

But with the nature of shadow it will be as compatible with the Amber setting as GMs choose for it to be, but it will be written as a stand-alone setting.
    I love the ADRPG, the Amber novels and all things Amber. For one, I'm glad something else is coming along rather than the system continuing to sit idle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there a scheduled release for the product yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will tell you what I can.

We have had the licence for exactly 6 days, we know the the Title is going to be Lords of Gossamer in Shadow, Jason Durall (Shadow Knight, Game of Thrones Rpg) has written a pitch and is working on answering the Power 19 design questions, We have also commissioned one piece of promotional artwork to go with the pitch, when that comes in we will start soliciting for patronage that following Monday (there will be an announcement here when that happens.

From my experience of working on patronage project it will take 1 day to two months to hit our threshold goal and 6-9 months to develop it into a product via the patronage model. So Spring 2011, but that is just a educated guess.
    Steve "Qwilion" Russell
    Rite Publishing

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish you the best of luck in getting the diceless system finished and on sale.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're looking for playtesting, I'll be attending AmberCon NW at the start of November this year and would be happy to run a playtest game for fellow Amberites.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When it is on sale it will not cost any less than a standard patronage and our patrons and our demo teams will be doing all our playtesting.
    Steve "Qwilion" Russell
    Rite Publishing

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the timescale for the project? Will the pdf be available first? Will it go into normal distribution at any point (I note you are mainly talking about POD?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Simon W
    What is the timescale for the project? Will the pdf be available first? Will it go into normal distribution at any point (I note you are mainly talking about POD?
    We are 75% to our threshold goal for patronage we have till June 28th to recruit enough patrons to reach 100%; Once we start work timescale is variable but I expect a minimum of 6 months development time (patronage projects take longer due to patron input).

As of this moment, I do PDF and PoD release to the general public on the same day. For patrons they get the proofing PDF first then the finalized PDF then we set that up for POD; I am working on distribution through Indie Press Revolution using a preorder model with the general public, but I have had a third party that is interested in a print/distribution partnership (this is not a done deal though) which would give us access to Alliance Distribution and a much larger print run. but as far as the general public is concerned The PDF will go on Sale the same day the print version does, our costs are covered by the patronage projects so the financial burnden to rush to release is not there
    Steve "Qwilion" Russell
    Rite Publishing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jason Durall (Lord of the Rings Rpg, Supernatural Rpg) has been a professional game designer for over 15 years come see what he has to say about his newest diceless project Lords of Gossamer and Shadow

Check out the interview HERE
    Steve "Qwilion" Russell
    Rite Publishing