Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Autumn Knight

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I thought someone was playing a dwarven warden too, but I am playing a human warlock also. I have no doubt they'll be pretty different if you are a fey warlock.

@umi, you may want to have at least one person on a waiting list (a 6th or 7th person) If the baby is born too close to start date. I REALLY want to play, but I am sure I'll suffer the wrath of not just my wife (but my parents or hers) if I went to play the day after the baby is born.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    I thought someone was playing a dwarven warden too, but I am playing a human warlock also. I have no doubt they'll be pretty different if you are a fey warlock.

@umi, you may want to have at least one person on a waiting list (a 6th or 7th person) If the baby is born too close to start date. I REALLY want to play, but I am sure I'll suffer the wrath of not just my wife (but my parents or hers) if I went to play the day after the baby is born.
    ...not to mention that you'd also be a horrible human being.

On second thought, a Sorcerer might be more in line with what I'm trying to do, I'll think I'll shift to being a sorcerer. ...For now.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    don't change because of me. A) I can always try something different (I like trying different things). B) I might have to pull out last minute.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, i just wanted to introduce myself, ill be playing with all of you guys/girls. I enjoy playing 'Wild Card' characters so am going to wait for you guys to post a final character roster and i will work around that. From what i see this is going to be tons of fun. (:
    Last edited by Cloudtle; 04-20-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    The Only Thing Trademarked Is Me.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post

Yes, DiscipleofYawgmoth is playing one. It was my mistake for not listing the character. Here, then, is the current roster:

• Blydden, playing a half-elf warlord
    • Cloudtle
    • DiscipleofYawgmoth, playing a dwarf warden
    • Exhominem, playing a human sorcerer
    • Yukonhorror, playing a human warlock

In response to your concerns, Yukonhorror, I wrote a new post in the Campaign Invitations asking for anyone still interested in playing to contact me and be put on a waiting list. I don't know how appealing that will be to anyone, but the offer is now up, so maybe we'll get a bite or two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Leader...defender...striker...striker...

The only thing we are missing now is a controller! So make a controller Cloudte. (You should. Umi is very evil with his minions.)

Also, is it just me, or is a controller what the party seems to be missing for every 4e game?

Although, you can make whatever you want. Umiushi just never cares if all the party roles are or are not covered.
    Last edited by Blydden; 04-22-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Controller?
    As I have yet to even touch a controller in my past games so this weekend i started fishing around for a character concept to fit the guidelines provided. Looking at the available controllers and have come to the conclusion is why no one tends to play these classes; because it seems WoTC has decided to make them less noticeable in comparison to the other roles do to fact that leaders having a better way to 'control' the field.

So i made a Wizard and Invoker, (Druids suck after glancing at the info in the books and i rather be a seeker than the other three but blah..) so now i guess i have to decided on utility (Which i enjoy) or OMFGNOVAPWN (Which seems more WoW-ish.)

Go go Poll! Wizard or Invoker. (:
    Last edited by Cloudtle; 04-27-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, I think our controlleri-ness is well covered by the sorcerer and I, I think it'd be best to do something more melee (either striker or defender). But that's my opinion.

So I vote for Ranger (with beast).

But... if I have to vote, I'll vote for invoker.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So... I originally started out with a ranger or a rogue cause i noted a lack of Dex in the party but with chatting with some of my friends they also noted that with this party make up it would be best if i choose a controller role.

Another note, i have tried a beast ranger. Did not work out as well as i would have hoped.
    Last edited by Cloudtle; 04-27-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was just voting for the something that might fit with the feywild. I'd do what you WANT to do. (sticking to Umi's stipulations of course).

But from my opinion, if you were going to fill in something, I think a melee person would be best (unless the sorcerer likes to be in the fray).

Downloads
    Uploads
    My vote is wizard. It fits with the feywild setting better in my opinion. Go go Wizard!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    got my macros ready. Took me a while (because of all of the different vestiges), but I think I got it all covered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So i am going to go Halfling rogue. I have always wanted to weigh 85lbs.

On another note Uni are we going to be using a set map-tools campaign setting other than the original settings? I want to see if i can make my macros now or have to wait for you to post it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At this point in time, I have received three characters: Alain, Krenshaw, and Nyhm. If you don't see your character's name on this list but you did send me your character, please either tell me when and how you sent your character (private message or email) or simply resend your character. Remember that I require the character in a format that I can store locally. If you see your character's name on this list, but didn't send him to me, congratulations: your character has the same name as someone else's, but you still need to send the character!

If your character is not yet ready, please finish him or her up before Thursday, May 6th. The sooner the better.

For all characters, I do require some additional information that is usually not represented on character sheets. It can be a real chore to look up character's various powers, items, and so forth. I would like the following reference information:

• If any of your class features or powers come from a book other than the book which first introduces your class (either Player's Handbook or Player's Handbook 2), tell me which book it is.
    • If your mundane items come from a book other than the Player's Handbook, tell me which book.
    • Tell me which book each of your magical items come from.
    • Tell me which book each of your feats come from.

You may abbreviate the accepted sources to 366 ("Wish Upon a Star"), AP (Arcane Power), AV (Adventurer's Vault), AV2 (Adventurer's Vault 2), DP (Divine Power), MP (Martial Power), MP2 (Martial Power 2), PHB (Player's Handbook), PHB2 (Player's Handbook 2), and PP (Primal Power).

Concerning MapTool, at this point, I am planning to use version 1.3.b56. It seems that this version is becoming a little obsolete, so if you want me to upgrade before the first session, let me know before Sunday.

In terms of settings, I'm thinking about changing the campaign properties a little bit. So far, I've been using a set of custom properties provided by Yukonhorror that are fairly similar to the defaults but more suitable to 4th edition. However, I was thinking of making some further, minor alterations. I'll probably do this over the weekend.

Otherwise, it should be mostly the same. I'm still a beginner when it comes to MapTool, so I'm not sure what, if anything, will trip you up when it comes to making your macros. I'll be happy to accept any tips or advice in that direction.

Finally, in the coming days, I will provide a little more background information.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 04-30-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I sent my MapTool campaign properties file for the Autumn Knight adventure to the players for whom I had an email address handy. If you are interested, and have not received this email, send (or resend) me your email address.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast