Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: FoW

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Aren't these RPG rules? Do you have to change the rules for 15mm? Do you have trouble finding opponents to play with you?

Someone over at fourmini suggested Blitzkreig Commander as a better rule set than FoW or AAM. Maybe I will be getting this set, but then I have to talk others into the rule set and I have enough trouble with the rules we already use.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    Aren't these RPG rules? Do you have to change the rules for 15mm? Do you have trouble finding opponents to play with you?

Someone over at fourmini suggested Blitzkreig Commander as a better rule set than FoW or AAM. Maybe I will be getting this set, but then I have to talk others into the rule set and I have enough trouble with the rules we already use.
    The Hero System is an RPG toolkit so it can be used for wargaming. My next book will be a wargaming supplement using Hero System. Hero System has always had as part of the core rules the use of miniatures even back when Champions 1E was released. To scale it down to 15mm you just halve the 1":1m to 1/2":1m.

The Face of Battle is a wargame rule set with no RPG ties. It does any scale from 1/285 up to 54mm and it does have a chart with the various scales for inches to meters.

Hero System is less complex as a wargame set and it is transparent to allow you to create any unit you want. Play is rather fast and it makes it interesting for all the maneuver options available. The downside is that if you need a unit you generally have to create it if it isn't published.

The Face of Battle is about as complex as Star Fleet Battles, but lacks the toolkit needed to add in units. It's a very closed system so adding units is a pain. There aren't as nearly the maneuver options available as Hero System. The upside is that it uses cards to determine when units move with the quality of the unit determining how many cards it gets in the deck. For example, a green squad will have 1 card in the deck while an elite squad will have 4 cards. The cards make combat very dynamic and fluid. More dynamic and fluid then the Hero System.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    My backside? The guy was out of range in front of me on my turn, then directly behind me on his turn.
    Out of range? I am guessing this was 1st Edition as the range for most of the tanks I have seen is 32". Then the tanks can only move 12" unless they move at the double then it is 24" but at the double they cannot fire.
    Sounds like more than I go you go was the problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12