Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Opening Days
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Opening Days

Downloads
    Uploads

Opening Days

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello again!

For the past few months I have been working on a nWoD website, were players can play almost anything from the nWoD series that is acceptable as a player(No playing spirit gods for example, or True Fae or Fetches)

and I was woundering, when crossing Vampires, Werewolf's, Mages,Hunters,Changelings, Prometheans, Immortals, skin thief's, and Sin eaters(there might be more but these are just the ones I can name off the top of my head) has anyone come across any major problems when mixing theses groups?(any combo) and if so, how did you solve them?

PS am looking for any ST's who would like to help out(mostly running there own stories on site when its up) PM me if interested

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vampires with anything can be problematic because of the sunlight issue. With oWOD we once just made it so Vampires dice pools were limited by their humanity and they couldn't use their disciplines during the day. With nWOD the Meket weakness is problematic.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah Vampires are weak in the daylight hours, especially with Changelings and hunter around, I mean if a Changeling gets into your haven, he could open a door to the Hedge and constantly snipe at you, day after day.

One way Ive been thinking of Countering that is to make is especially hard to find someones haven(Anyone, am talking Werewolf's, hunters and especially changelings) and as a base assumption that all threads will take place just after sunset, unless stated otherwise(Also My city is a mountain city in the north, with short days and long nights)

ALSO: Ive been working on a idea for a Imbued item that gives Humans and other supernaturals a bonus on there Rolls VS Disquiet, I think it would be the mind arcana, but I haven't got all the math crunched out yet.

So far Ive been thinking of it as the spell "A face you can trust" pg 208 of the MtA book, making it permanent, granting all people who meet the Promethean +2(?) on there Rolls VS Disquiet. Like I said, still haven't crunched it all, but anyones free to tell me what they think.

PS: thanks for the response
    Last edited by LordChicken; 04-17-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I might be interested in this... is it going to be purely play by post?

In regards to your question, though, one of the things about NWOD is that it removed alot of the power-order of OWOD. Werewolves will not automatically be able to kill 10 vampires, and mages can't ALWAYS kill everything with a thought. Aside from the obvious sunlight issue, which has been discussed, I'm wondering how you'll handle the other races in regards to Disbelief for the mages...

Downloads
    Uploads
    My goal is 100% play by Post, the location is 80% down, all am mostly dealing with now is the supernatural Conflicts.

Disbelief? Ive got several Ideas, but I would like a second opinion about them

1)Supernatural beings, can understand that there might be more then them out there in the Region of Darkness, treat there Willpower as if it was 2 Dots higher, or they add there supernatural advantage to there will(Example Werewolf with willpower 4 and Primal urge 4 would be treated as a Willpower 8 sleeper) or something along those lines.

2)treat them all like sleepers(Except for a few, like the gutter magic users found in Witch Finders)

3)Well Vampires have disciplines and Sin eaters have Manifestations, and no one disbelieves them(at least mechanically) Treat all supernatural beings with some form of Supernatural Advantage(Primal urge, Blood Potency, Chi, Wyrd etc.) as if they are not sleepers.

So far 3 is my favorite, but am wanting a second and or 3-6th opinion.

PS: thanks for the speedy response.