Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: New Game Store?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Game Store?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I just found the following store on line. I am guessing that it is a new store, but I could be wrong. Has anyone been to this store, or know anything about it? As I probably won't get the chance to check it out for a few weeks.

Dragon Crown Games
    2448 E 81st Street Ste 5125
    Tulsa, OK 74137
    United States
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just looked this address up online and it appears that the store is located somewhere in the Cityplex Towers. You know, the old hospital that Oral Roberts was building, then he had to have 8 million to finish, otherwise Jesus would call him home. The funny thing is that I have a friend I went to school with who's mother sent Oral Roberts all their money, and he (my friend, not Oral Roberts) used to complain about it because it meant that he didn't get x,y, or z D&D supplement. His mother later decided that D&D was the devil and threw all of his books away anyway. I think the whole thing kinda turned him off of religion to be honest with you, so I'm sure would appreciate the irony of their now being a game store there.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kirk,

I work in the Towers so I decided to do some investigating. The place DOES exist, but you'd never know it. You won't find them in the electronic directory on the ground floor.

Looking in their office door, you see an IT firm and the plaque on the door says "eMonarch". The actual game shop portion is inside the office and around a corner.

I talked to one of the guys ( and bought 2 Magic decks ) and he told me about the company. They're looking for a place outside of the towers to set up permanent shop. Right now, they are holding game nights up there like the D&D Encounters.

They sell Magic, D&D, Heroscape, Warmachine and some other things. They don't sell GW stuff.

He said they have a Facebook page, but I can't find it.

To find out about their events, you can email events@dragoncrowngames.com

Signing off...

-BEP

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally got back home yesterday. I didn't even have time to check my e-mail or this site today, but since I was at the Dr. and we were done a little earlier than I thought, I decided to drop by and check this place out. Nate and I took the elevator up to the 51st floor, Nate's favorite part of our excursion. Found the suite, and it says "eMonarch" on the door. Thought, maybe I had the wrong place but then I noticed the D&D sticker in the bottom corner of the door. So yeah, pretty much everything Brian posted.

I work in the Towers so I decided to do some investigating. The place DOES exist, but you'd never know it. You won't find them in the electronic directory on the ground floor.

Looking in their office door, you see an IT firm and the plaque on the door says "eMonarch". The actual game shop portion is inside the office and around a corner.

I talked to one of the guys ( and bought 2 Magic decks ) and he told me about the company. They're looking for a place outside of the towers to set up permanent shop. Right now, they are holding game nights up there like the D&D Encounters.

They sell Magic, D&D, Heroscape, Warmachine and some other things. They don't sell GW stuff.
    There was no one around when I went in, then the guy who works the front desk comes back from the bathroom. I laughed when I saw him, because I know the guy. Had no idea he/they were opening a store. He told me they were just going to do an internet store, but then decided they should do a physical location as well. So when they do find a place we will be sure to post it.

Brian, he also said they are doing a board game day on Saturday's. Thought you might be interested in that.

Kirk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi this is Sean, the owner of Dragon Crown Games! Yep we exist! Crazy I know after starting on the 51st floor of a 60 story building. For a while we were the highest hobby game store in the world.

But now we are located at 2214 E 61st Street Tulsa OK 74136. SW corner of 61st and Lewis.

Map Here

Would love to have folks come over and check us out!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have!, I was just in there the other day with my son. You have an awesome place going and I had a great time hanging out and talking with you guys. Unfortunately for me, I live on the other side of Tulsa. Over by where All in Games used to be. So I probably won't be able to get over that way much. Anyway, the best of luck to you with the store, hopefully you guys will be around for a long time to come.

Feel free to post up any events you guys have going on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad I checked this thread! Dropped in last night but my GF was in the car and didn't have time to talk. Looks like a great shop and I can't wait to come back (and buy some new stuff!)