Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
hi i have a "?" about warhammer 40k
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: hi i have a "?" about warhammer 40k

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi i have a "?" about warhammer 40k

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    i have played it a few times and love it but due from being unemployed i dont have the money to fork out the 100's for figs even used i have meet other players about warhamer 40k yes war games are still very active in my area unlike dnd the shop i left nameless about what happened in area only does war games and card games and is close to get to by walking but doesn't do rpg or alowed saying of such in it its a no no word there and thats where i learned 40k but understandingly being a very $ game not many will allow u to use there figs to play wail there even if there in eye sight of u and game so my "?" is i know its possible to play like dnd using a vr table over net with skype but is there a similar way to do so for warhamer 40k or any of it kinda games sense that way i dont not to pay for figs i just use pix's to do so.
    if anyone knows let me know k tyvm

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you are asking if there is a online version of 40k. There are 40k RTS games out there, but nothing for the miniatures game.

40k is a expensive game. If you are unemployed it is probably feasible to play at this time.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually outrider you are incorrect Vassal 40K is an online VTT program for the minatures wargame of warhammer 40K.
    Original Vassal is used for WHFB.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshamSane View Post
    Actually outrider you are incorrect Vassal 40K is an online VTT program for the minatures wargame of warhammer 40K.
    Original Vassal is used for WHFB.
    It was until GW sent the team doing WH40k and WHFB a cease and desist order.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Simple solution? us a .bmp editor to make a tileset and use the vassal engine still.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like you can play all you want, until GW sues you. Or you fork over the requisite fortune to play, or not play their game.

Personally, I don't find their game all that fun played on the smaller tables. Two armies rushing headlong into each other. Once you open up the game with a bigger table the fun can happen better, but then the game lasts forever. Still, it is a rich mans/boys game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bet if GW could make some kind of system up where you bought virtual models in order to be able to play, they'd have an online version of the game!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, that sounds like a great idea. You pay them $2 to $40 bucks for a "virtual" piece. If you need two of their "tanks" you can give them $80. And you can use these virtual pieces on "their" virtual table for $40 a month. Of course that would still be a rich man's game. so much for playing their game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I would have no issue with paper miniatures. I have used them myself! Their are always smaller games as well. 500 point games don't use many models but are still a lot of fun.

As for online, yeah, Vassal.