Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Final fantasy as a system in 3.0 3.5?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Final fantasy as a system in 3.0 3.5?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    i have always been a Final fantasy fan i always wanted to see how it be as a dnd game. i have done a lot of looking for it on net i know there is no official books on it and such thing only fan stuff i end up finding sites that have tried to turn final fantasy into a dnd world but that's the catch there usually any where from 10%-50% done what i have noticed that people that try to make the system and post it for others usually only make part of it then the site is abandoned and no activity for months if not for years according to sit info.
    so the 2 "?"
    do any of u know of a site that has done 100% transfer of the final fantasy world to a pen and paper d20 vrs in 3.0 or 3.5
    and if so anyone that be willing to play it maybe in chat or something?
    please let me know tyvm

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there is a final fantasy pen and paper RPG on the net. It isn't d20 though.

As for D&D, I feel 4e translates a lot better for FF than 3.x. (check my blog for more info).

My suggestion is to use the FF PP RPG as a guide. Of course the scale is much different. Basically, I would divide all of the levels (when you can get powers and such) by a factor of 5 (corresponding to level 20 = level 100 in FF) OR a factor of 4 corresponding to level 64 (the last level to gain new abilities) to level 16 in d20. As for races, I have thought about it before, and came up with some numbers. But again, I'd use PP rules as a guide. They are well done.

The MAJOR drawback to it is the monsters. There is no good database for monsters in that, but with d20, it isn't a problem.

good luck
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

ty

i take a look at it btw this system u do is it just meet up group or in chat? if u run in chat i might be willing to look into and join ty again

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to play in a FFRPG game, but no longer. But you can always recruit people.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    D&D in any edition will not fit FF very well at all. Their are several indie game that used FF as inspiration and which would do a good job of reflecting every game. Two of my friends are finishing up their Yeld game, which is a FF tactics styled game. I think they have a preview/playtest copy of it up on Drivethrourpg. I have played it twice now and Loved every minute of it.
    I do not play them here or there, I do not play them anywhere, I do not play them with a fox. I do not mash that button box. I do not like MMO games. In the end ther're all the same.
    -Tesral

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ak47 View Post
    do any of u know of a site that has done 100% transfer of the final fantasy world to a pen and paper d20 vrs in 3.0 or 3.5
    No but the official game, which is free, should be more than enough for a rather easy conversion. It really depends on what you have in mind and how much hand wavium you are okay with during the conversion process.

Quote Originally Posted by jade von delioch View Post
    D&D in any edition will not fit FF very well at all.
    I think that is a very broad statement and one you cannot backup without first looking at someones proposal. Given that a vast amount of any Final Fantasy game is grinding levels I think D&D would be a superb game. Now in FF you fight a larger quantity of enemies over time than you would in D&D but that could easily be scaled or simply overlooked.

I would be thrilled to play in a D&D based FF game myself, preferably D&D 4E as I never played 3E. Note that I am still learning 4th, on my own... Any particular FF game mythos you would like to use as a basis or perhaps a couple you plan to use as a basis for a hybrid?
    Last edited by Modmiddy; 04-16-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added response to ak47