Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Missing threads in gaming groups and play by posts

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Missing threads in gaming groups and play by posts

I know this has been addressed once already, though not in the proper place. But I wanted to take some time to look around a bit to see if I was missing something before mentioning it here. Of all the changes that have taken place (and I realize there is more work to be done and kinks to be worked out), what concerns me most is that all the threads for the various groups are no longer found with those groups.

Farcaster, I know you said something about looking through the forums to find these threads, which is what I've had to do. But, in the past, in order to look at these threads, say for example my play by post, all I had to do was click on the icon for the group (either in my profile or under the Groups tab up top) and everything for that group was right there. Now, when I click on it, I find only the sections for pictures, events and discussions - but no threads. Everything I have for my play by post is in the threads section, which means that I have to search for it in the Forums, making all the groups and their icons, pretty much obsolete.

I even have one group that I have not been able to find in the Forums (though I can still access it in my groups - again minus the threads). I'm assuming this is because it has not been posted in in a very long time, which means it's not all that relevant. But still, it saddens me that I no longer have any access to the threads there, nor can I add to the threads there.

Is this something that can be fixed? And am I the only one who has experienced this problem? I've been looking around and have yet to see anybody else bring this up. Truly, I can live with the other problems/changes (and I guess I can live with one as well), but this is the one that, as I've said, concerns me the most.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my group, everything is right there. Now granted, there are only about 3 or 4 posts on it, and it is not a play by post game. I run the game in Chat. Well I had been, but I have had the bug grinch jump on me and at the present time, I can't log into the Chat. Makes it a little hard to run my online game since I can't get onto Chat. Not sure if it will work, but if the person who set up a particular group finds the missing threads, would they be able to move them back to the group or maybe just copy them back?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    In my group, everything is right there. Now granted, there are only about 3 or 4 posts on it, and it is not a play by post game. I run the game in Chat. Well I had been, but I have had the bug grinch jump on me and at the present time, I can't log into the Chat. Makes it a little hard to run my online game since I can't get onto Chat. Not sure if it will work, but if the person who set up a particular group finds the missing threads, would they be able to move them back to the group or maybe just copy them back?
    Are these posts in your group listed in the discussion section or the threads section? None of my groups have any threads in them (despite the fact that I know they have threads), whether they are play by posts or just social/gaming groups. I've also tried to move the threads in my pbp back into the group, but it won't let me, saying that they're already there.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be migrating forums currently associated with social groups back into group discussions, which will put them back into the consolidated view you are looking for.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhemedes View Post
    Are these posts in your group listed in the discussion section or the threads section? None of my groups have any threads in them (despite the fact that I know they have threads), whether they are play by posts or just social/gaming groups. I've also tried to move the threads in my pbp back into the group, but it won't let me, saying that they're already there.

Ah, now that I think of it, the posts in my game group are actually listed as dicussions. We have never actually done much there other than I use it to post scheduled game sessions and the odd note to the group. Everything else is done either by PM or on the Chat. Sorry for the confusion.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool. Glad to hear it. I'll be looking forward to it. And thanks a lot Farcaster!

I know you put up with a lot of moaning and groaning. But rest assured that all your hard work is greatly appreciated! This is still the best site of it's kind, anywhere!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Arkhemedes.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.