Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Dragon Sorcerer str damage bonus

Downloads
    Uploads

Dragon Sorcerer str damage bonus

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hi new to 4th ed D&D. Havent picked up source books yet (sorry) and building my first character with the demo generator.

I have come up with an intriguing concept but I am stuck on a few particulars.

For the Dragon Sorcerer the str damage bonus is applied for arcane damages. My sorcerer is a half-elf. He has the scales of war background for Noble bred to war to gain greataxe proficiency.

Then as a half elf he has the war song strike bard ability.

So he sits back and casts his sorcerous spells until something melees him. Then he goes to town with his axe getting both charisma and strength stat mods to damage.

My questions are:

When do temporary hit points go away?

Should I take Guiding Strike instead?

Does the strength damage also get added to powers that do 1d6 at specific times like Explosive Pyre, Dragonflame Mantle, and Flame Spiral?

If I multiclass with Berserker's Fury does that affect even magical damage? Like would the fury add to both the hit damage in explosive pyre and the specific extra damage?

If I was a longtooth shifter as well instead of half elf would my shifter damage apply to the magic also?

Same thing with Astral Fire ... would it add 1 to both to hit damage and subsequent specific damage?
    Last edited by series0; 03-10-2010 at 03:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Be aware that some sorcery powers use implements while the bards use weapons. You might be better off using a dagger or a main weapon and a dagger in your off hand to use other the sorcery powers. Another option is to take Arcane Implement Proficiency and take swordmage's heavy blade. (changing you path of war background to be proficient in Greatsword). That way you can use it as your implement and to bash your opponents. Your magic weapon's enhancement would then effect your spell damage as it is considered your implement.

Quote Originally Posted by series0 View Post
    When do temporary hit points go away?
    They go away first when you are damaged. If you have any left after the encounter they go away once you take a short rest.

Should I take Guiding Strike instead?
    If you wish. As long as the power has the Arcane key word, you can apply the dragon strength damage. The warsong strike however relies on some con mod.

Does the strength damage also get added to powers that do 1d6 at specific times like Explosive Pyre, Dragonflame Mantle, and Flame Spiral?
    No. If it had a modifier like + CHR modifier it would have added, but it does not-it is just 1d6 fire. An example is the wizards Flaming sphere which says 1d4+INT.

If I multiclass with Berserker's Fury does that affect even magical damage? Like would the fury add to both the hit damage in explosive pyre and the specific extra damage?
    Since it just says +2 damage, it would apply to all damage but not to the fire damage--it is not modified (as above).

If I was a longtooth shifter as well instead of half elf would my shifter damage apply to the magic also?
    Yes, because it is not restricted. It would even stack with berserker fury giving you +4 if you are bloody and berserk.

Same thing with Astral Fire ... would it add 1 to both to hit damage and subsequent specific damage?
    Only to the modified damage and not to the 1d6 Fire-provided it had the fire key word.