Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: The Original Game Shop Closing

Downloads
    Uploads

The Original Game Shop Closing

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I went by the Game Shop (51st & Memorial) and there is an eviction notice on the door. Anyone know what is going on?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know. I have not been by there in a month or so. Last time I was though, Ben seemed to be doing okay. I know that he has not been in the best health this last year, hopefully he is doing good though. I'll stop by tomorrow, and if he is there I'll ask him.

Anyone else know?
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went by on Thursday, then remembered that are usually closed on Thursday. Also went by this afternoon (Friday) and they were closed again. I don't know what's going on and no one I asked seemed to know anything either.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the opportunity to go by The Original Game Shop on 51st and Memorial this afternoon. The store was open and I had a chance to speak with Ben, the owner.

He told me that he has had some severe medical problems and had to spend the majority of the month of February in the hospital, and on top of that there was a death in the family. He was finally released from the hospital and is back on his feet. However, the hospitalization and his declining health is forcing him to close his store. I was sorry to hear that he was closing as he has been running his store for a long time, but also glad to hear that he was doing okay physically. He let me know he will be officially closing at the end of this month.

Right now, he packing up, and trying to liquidate his inventory to help pay the bills. He is currently offering 40% off on everything in the store.

So if you have the chance, take the opportunity to help him out and say goodbye.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sad day. Hope he lands on his feet and is well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know how to get in touch with Ben? I would like to talk to him and every time I go there it is closed.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He's normally closed on Wednesday and Thursdays and I think he's missing even more days now. I don't have any other contact information for him. I also don't know how to get in touch with any of the guys who hang out there on a regular basis.

There is a guy, who occasionally comes comes in Top Deck on Thursday nights and plays wargames in the back, who knows Ben pretty well. He might be able to help you out. If I see him tomorrow night I'll ask him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry to hear about his physical troubles and hope his life improves. We had a falling out about 10 years ago, and I only saw him once after that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ben is still alive, but in very poor health. The store closed.