Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Anyone Actually Playing Traveller Now?

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone Actually Playing Traveller Now?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Does anyone have a game using the Traveller System (any version) and a quick explanation of what's the game is currently centering on?

Thanks,
    Mike

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

I plan to begin an epic campaign in June. I did, however, in my last game, run an Alien scenario using the Nostomo. Except in this game all the crew were dead, which was unknown to the players. The players were from a deep salvage mission. They docked on the furthest end of where the escape pods were located, having not known that the docking mechanism was sabotaged by the original crew. The escape pod of the Nostromo had 4 beds, there were 10 players, and the ship was a kilometer long. What stopped the players from racing to the finish line was the fact that they needed each other to get from one side of the ship to the other. In the end, 2 made it out alive...or was it 1, i don't recall. I ran this at a Con. Good times. In fact, i am considering running it again come next Con. It was very popular with the players, if not a bit gritty and bloody for a few of them. So even though they had to deal with the Alien/s, they had to turn on each other. I love bringing out the darkside of players. he he

I was running CT.

I think i will begin my next campaign based on, well, think Death Troopers http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/st...deathtroopers/ meets Quarantine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarantine_(2008_film), except the players will be going on a salvage mission in deep space to loot a derelict Empire ship. Little do they know that this ship was testing a new stain of virus (will act like an alien rabies virus on steroids), and all onboard are pretty much walking zombies. Oh, yes, i am evil. LOL This one wont be as bloody, except when i run it at the Cons. More on this scenario: The players will have to get from the docking pad to the Bridge to get the lights back on. On their way to the Bridge, their will be blood everywhere but no signs of life (think Pandora). I can't wait to run this one.

Hey Snuffy, where's Waterbury, btw?
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 04-26-2010 at 11:05 AM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to figure out my subscription notices here. Sorry for the delay in response.

Those two scenarios sound like a lot of fun and a nice mix of different tastes. Horror & Sci-Fi. Hope the players have some BFG's at disposal.

I'm in Waterbury, Connecticut. Not too many Traveller games going on around here from what I've found and I am pretty much unable to plan any games with our 2 y.o. & 1 month old needing attention for a while.......maybe in 20 years! LOL

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should try to make the TravellerCon, which is just one state over from you, if i remember correctly. I have found many many players at the Cons i gone to in the past. Here's the site: http://www.travellercon-usa.com/ Check it out when you have the time.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went through that page about a month ago. Luckily, my wife's best friend lives about a 1/2 hour or so north of there. Maybe she can plan a visit and a day of play for me.

I think you posted that up as a thread of it's own. I'll have to go see if anyone has commented on it.

Edit: Thank you for reminding me of that!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was, up until a few months ago, in a long-running (about seven years) Traveller group. Sadly, the guy running the last campaign got transferred, and while we tried to schedule several more games of Traveller, we never got the time. One campaign actually did get started, but there was a disagreement of some sort (not involving me, so I will not go into details), and it didn't get more than two sessions in. This probably means that the Traveller group is dead for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    I need to figure out my subscription notices here. Sorry for the delay in response.

Those two scenarios sound like a lot of fun and a nice mix of different tastes. Horror & Sci-Fi. Hope the players have some BFG's at disposal.

I'm in Waterbury, Connecticut. Not too many Traveller games going on around here from what I've found and I am pretty much unable to plan any games with our 2 y.o. & 1 month old needing attention for a while.......maybe in 20 years! LOL
    I'm up in Lynn, Massachusetts, but I suspect that this is a bit too far for us to play together, what with me not having a car. Note that if you do want to make the trip, I would be willing to play host.
    The Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on the matter. If any correspondence is attempted, the attemptor is liable to being tracked down and made to engage in RPGs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not playing now, but a friend of mine was running a campaign using the latest version of the rules up until about 8 months ago.

I liked the new rules in the basic book, but thought the books that followed had less valued content for the cost.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jame Rowe View Post
    I was, up until a few months ago, in a long-running (about seven years) Traveller group. Sadly, the guy running the last campaign got transferred, and while we tried to schedule several more games of Traveller, we never got the time. One campaign actually did get started, but there was a disagreement of some sort (not involving me, so I will not go into details), and it didn't get more than two sessions in. This probably means that the Traveller group is dead for a while.

I'm up in Lynn, Massachusetts, but I suspect that this is a bit too far for us to play together, what with me not having a car. Note that if you do want to make the trip, I would be willing to play host.
    Sorry to read about your group going different directions. The group I play with has been frazzled lately with a lot going on in our personal lives. We're hoping to start a new game this summer, although it will be Rifts.

Thank you for the invite, but my days of travel have been shorten to quick trips to work & the store. It's tough with two kids at and under 2 years old to do anything.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    actually I have been working on my traveller game after a long hiatus. Its been fun. I was burnt out on my fantasy game and working on traveller has energized me.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes and no. I'm not playing Traveler. However I'm using Traveler source books. As many As I can get. Mainly for races and the like.

The real game is Star Trek.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been playing online now for a few years. Unfortunately my GM is having some real life issues and (understandably) needs to stop the game. I'll be looking for a new online group soon though, it's a great game.
    "Scary Monsters" Unknown Technician

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Putting one together for an upcoming game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not played in person in a long while, but I play online from time to time (slow pbp game). I own CT, MT, T20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i play marc miller's 4th edn
    i like the scenarios gateway and the long way home
    i would like to play pocket empires but it is a bit complicated for me!