Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Vampire the Requiem/nWOD Online Game
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Horror
System Used: nWOD
Style: 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
Current Players: 3
Desired # of Players: 5
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Wednesday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: PPG Chat
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(PPG Chat)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vampire the Requiem/nWOD Online Game

Downloads
    Uploads

Vampire the Requiem/nWOD Online Game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hey all,

Please post your characters for my World of Darkness/Vampire the Requiem game.

It is set in 2010 in Las Vegas, NV USA. We may be travelling abroad, so feel free to make a character from elsewhere. Also, there will be flashbacks to your character's past.

The first few sessions will be less-structured so the players can get a feel for their characters (as can the storyteller), and we will progress to a more structured story once the kinks are worked out.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by kurtthedm; 02-25-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

BACK STORY:

"I don't really remember what happened to me. *** I recall waking up one day in my hotel room with an intense thirst, the ashes of something, like someone had smoked ten thousand cigarettes, next to me without having an ash tray. I got up and attempted to drink some water to satisfy my thirst, I became violently ill and threw up what I had drank. I wasn't sure what was happening to me. I was still very thirsty so I exited the room I was in and as I left the room there was a being, a man or beast. I wasn't able to tell because I was still waking up and my vision was a little blurred still. The thing as I will call it, which I learned later was not a thing, addressed me saying, "You have awaken from your slumber. I imagine you are thirsty, please follow me...". I followed him and I don't know why. He took me to an alley and knelt down and had picked up 2 rats and thrust them toward me and said in a scruffy voice, "Eat up. You are confused I see. Let me put this to you as simply as possible. We have 4 hours to get to my haven and you have become a Vampire. The ashes next to you were those of the person that you let into your room, she broke the law and I have been tracking her for quite some time. You on the other hand have become a victim so I will teach you the ways of the Bohagande. Now eat up, it will come naturally. *** That was 20 years ago. Since then I have been taught the ways of my bloodline and have drank from my master's blood. I am feared by many and generally left alone. When I want I get my way and have luck on my side. While in my travels I have met many walks of life, the tasty and the sour, the beautiful and the ugly. Strangely I have ventured to the city of Las Vegas and I know not why. Who will I meet, who will I taste?"
    Last edited by newsteadmission; 02-25-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: adding back story

Downloads
    Uploads

Remy

Name: Remy
    Clan: Ventrue
    Virtue: Prudence - "Or you know, we could NOT piss off the big scary werewolves and get promptly disemboweled. Just saying."
    Vice: Sloth - "I don't do things the hard way. I do them as easily as possible. Which usually involves just talking to folks. Or. You know. Shotguns."
    Concept: The Driver
    Convenant: Invictus

Pictures
    Atmosphere
    Portrait

Changing Stats
    Health: 7/7
    Vitae: 10/10
    EXP: 1
    Initiative :5
    Defense :3
    Armor: 1 / 2
    Speed :11
    Blood potency :1

Mental attributes (4) + Clan Specialty (Resolve): Intelligence 2, Wits 4, Resolve 2
    Physical attributes (5): Strength 3, Dexterity 4, Stamina 2
    Social attributes (3) : Presence 2, Manipulation 2, Composure 2

Mental skills (7): Investigation 4, Crafts 3
    Physical skills (11): Drive 4 (Aggressive City Driving), Firearms 5 (Shotgun), Larceny 4 (Security Systems)
    Social skills (4): Expression 4

Disciplines
    Resilience 3
    Dominate 2

Merits
    Haven* (Shared) (2)
    Resources (3)
    Technophile (Vehicles) (2) -Armory p208
    Stunt Driver (3)
    Meditative Mind (1)
    Eidetic Memory (2)

EXP EXPENDITURE (75)
    Merits (x2)
    Stunt Driver (3) = 6 exp
    Meditative Mind (1) = 2 exp
    Eidetic Memory (2) = 4 exp
    TOTAL 12 exp

Clan Disciplines (x5)
    Dominate (1) = 5 exp
    Dominate (2) = 10 exp
    TOTAL 15 exp

Attribute (x5)
    Dexterity (4) = 20 exp
    TOTAL = 20 exp

Skills (x3)
    Firearms (5) = 15 exp
    Larceny (4) = 12 exp
    TOTAL 27 exp

Total Spent: 74

BACKGROUND
    Appearance
    Remy's main feature is his nigh-constant smile or smirk. No matter the circumstance, Remy can always seem to find the humor, no matter how dark it may be.

He has sandy brown hair and dark, green eyes. He appears to be in his early twenties.

Like most other Ventrue, Remy dresses smartly and cleanly. However, his semi-formal style of dress may ruffle a few feathers at Elysium.

Clothing
    -Stud eye-brow peircing
    -Fingerless leather driving gloves
    -Grey, short-sleeved, button-down work shirt
    -Undershirt
    -Thin kevlar vest
    -Loose black jeans and belt
    -Expensive wristwatch
    -Black sneakers
    -Silver wallet chain

Personality
    The best way to describe Remy would be 'easy-going'. He usually can be found making jokes, wise-cracking, and complaining about some trivial or minor irritation. He spends most of his time thinking up cute nicknames for his friends generally trying to lighten the mood, even in the most tense situations.

He is generally friendly towards other Kindred, does his best to work well with others, and is perfectly willing to let others take the lead.
    Life

Other Kindred generally know that Remy grew up sometime during the early part of the 20th century, and was involved with a variety of prohibition-related criminal activity prior to his embrace in the 1920's.

Requiem
    It is generally known that Remy spends most of his time either under the hood of his car, someone else's car, or behind the wheel of a car. He's a common figure in the illegal street-racing scene, though his typical Kindred duties tend more towards the investigative and martial.

He's been called upon by the Sheriff more than a few times to ferry around crews of hounds, as well as providing back-up when something needs to get killed in a hurry.

Chances are, if you've pissed off the Prince and are trying to leave town, Remy is the one they're gonna send after you to drag you back into Elysium to stand trial. No matter how fast you run, Remy's car goes faster.

Family
    it is generally known that Remy is somehow tied to the Prince of the city's bloodline, though exactly how is generally unknown. What is known is that the Prince does not care much for Remy, the Elysium generally treats him with disdain, and yet Remy can be counted on by the power structure to provide his services, no matter what the task may be.

Relationships
    Alex Korocek - Truth be told, Remy prefers the company of Carthian's like Alex to the stuffiness and incestuousness of his own Invictus heritage. The fact that Alex is a generally friendly guy and knows how to get things done the subtle way only improves their relationship. Whenever Remy sees Alex skulking around in the clubs, he makes a point to buy him a drink... even though neither of them can drink it. Remy's nickname forhim is "Allie."
    Varner - Just like everyone else in Las Vegas, Remy knows that Varner is the guy to get you what you need in the city of Sin. Whenever Remy needs something with a little more 'punch' than usual, or expensive parts on the cheap, he hits up Varner. Remy sometimes teases Varner about his glum nature, encouraging him to use makeup on his scars and 'go out and pick up some chicks'. Remy can't seem to keep his stupid trap shut, and he hopes Varner doesn't take his jokes too seriously. No one wants a bad-ass Nosferatu with access to premium destructive hardware pissed off at you. Remy's nickname for him is "Spots."

Isaac - According to Remy, what this guy lacks in subtlety he makes up for in style. While others take his heritage as a bad sign and are very, very scared of him, Remy knows from personal experience is that the people with the worst luck around this guy are the one's that he's pointing his guns at or ripping the tar out of. Either way, he's a good guy to have watching your back, and a good friend to have. Remy's nickname for him is "Jonah."
    Last edited by exhominem; 02-25-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really loved your relationships section, exhominem. It really cracked me up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's my Character Concept I have going.

Name: Alex Korocek
    Virtue: Fortitude
    Vice: Pride
    Clan: Mekhet
    Covenant: The Carthian Movement
    Concept: Sneaker/Assassin

Attributes
    Int - 2
    Wit - 4
    Resolve - 2
    Str - 2
    Dex - 3
    Stam - 3
    Pres - 2
    Man - 1
    Com - 3

Skills
    Computer - 4
    Athletics - 2 (Climbing Prof.)
    Firearms - 3 (Pistol Prof.)
    Larceny - 3
    Stealth - 4
    Weaponry - 2
    Persuasion - 2
    Streetwise - 2
    Subterfuge - 3

Disciplines
    Auspex - 1
    Obfuscate - 2

Merits
    Haven(shared) - 2
    Resources - 3

Flaws
    Racist(Vietnamesse)

Clan Weakness
    Fire +1 to Agg Fire Damage

Health - 8
    Willpower - 5
    Blood Potency - 2
    Vitae - 10(I rolled it good )
    Humanity - 7
    Size - 5
    Speed - 10
    Defense - 3
    Armor(Kevlar Vest) - 1/2
    Init Mod - 6

Gear
    Climbing Gear x 1
    Lock Picks x 1
    Silencer x 1 (On Pistol)
    Stake x 1 (Located on L Leg) Damage: 1(L) Size: 1
    Knife x 1 (Holstered on R Leg) Damage: 1(L) Size: 1
    Lt. Pistol(Glock 17 9mm) x 1 (Holstered on Chest) Range 20/40/80 Damage: 2 Clip 17 + 1 Size: 1

Gym Bag x 1 (Used to hold climbing gear and lock picks)

All weapons located on Stealth Gear except Pistol. That is located when Alex is also wearing his club attire, it's put into the back of the pants on the waistline.

Exp Spending
    Dex(4) - 20 Exp
    Firearms(3) - 9 Exp
    Weaponry(2) - 9 Exp
    Pistol Prof. - 3 Exp
    Climbing Prof. - 3 Exp
    Resources(3) - 6 Exp

Clothing/Appearance
    Alex is 5' 11" and build of about 185lbs. He appears to be in his early 20's. Alex has brown hair and light blue eyes.

Alex's personality is as elusive as his movements seem to be. Only a few people knew him in his life and only those he shares his haven with know of that life and aspects of his un-life. Alex loves the fact that he can pass through a crowd un-noticed when he wants it that way. He attributes that to the fact of his following and beliefs in the Carthian Movement and his adapting to the current lifestyles of those that hang around the club.

Alex takes great pride in the fact that he is the one asked to find information when he gets to break into other people's property. It's the closest thing to the adrenaline rush he got when he was still alive.

Alex has two styles of clothes he likes to wear. His club-dress that consists of a pair of white shoes, baggy blue jeans with a tear over the right knee, a white collar shirt, and a black with thin white stripes suit jacket. Of course he finishes it off with a gold chain that goes down to his chest. His other set would be his work set. Consisting of all black attire for sneaking around unnoticed and his climbing gear just in-case the front door can't be used. The third set he has is bussiness attire. Used for the formal meet and greets and so when using Obfuscate of someone important he can pull it off just right.

Life and Background
    Alex was 18 years old when the draft for Vietnam started and guess who's number was drawn? Alex always thought it was funny that draftees had US stamped on their dog-tags(which he still keeps for nestolgia value). They said in the Army that US stood for Unlucky Son-of-a-*****. Alex made the rank of Sergeant in the Army and was put into a Ranger battalion. It was there that he honed the skills for stealth creeping through the Jungles of N. Vietnam. And also where his racism towards the Vietnamesse was acquired. In 1973 Alex's tour had ended and he came home to those who hated him just for serving. He was Embraced while drifting in Vegas on his vacation after he finished his tour. After that his sire told him that he needed to leave his old life behind. So he wrote a letter to his parents addressed from his commander saying that he had died in combat.

Personallity
    Alex loves the fact that he can feed on those with personallities similar to those who were protesters in Vietnam's era. And it thrills him even more that it could be those people's kids that he's feeding on in the night.

Alex is friendly to those Kindred who haven't wronged him. Since he knows that if he's just an outright ass it could cost him his life one day.

Requiem
    Alex spends most of his time creeping around the club seeing what bits of information he can gather in case it could be useful to those higher up in the Clan or Covenant.

47 years of being a Kindred has been kind to Alex. While he follows the Carthian Movement the Elders have a bit of respect for Alex for his useful skill set he brings to the table.

Relationships
    Remy - Usefull guy. Older Vampire and a little respect is due because of that. However, thanks to the Carthian Movements beliefs that Alex follows, Remy knows that he shouldn't push that fact too hard. Due to the fact that Alex can hide better than Remy can see. But for the most part Alex sees Remy as his "Best" friend in the undead world.

Isaac - Sneaking can only get Alex so far. And that's when Isaac comes in. Needs to work a bit on his anger problems. Since a big part of the feeding we partake in is in the club. And there's no better way to shut a place down than blood stains on the dance floor.

Varner - Useful as all hell. Alex needs it Varner can get it. Alex needs to sell his latest heist. Varner can find a fence for it. Varner needs to put on some make-up so he doesn't scare all the *****es. The dark hood idea died in the rave scene. (Maybe we should have rave nights in the club?)

Gina - Smart and Hot. Gotta love a girl who can rip out my face while I'm still looking at the butt.
    Last edited by Alpha_R0x0r; 02-25-2010 at 04:43 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To better describe myself I look like HHH from Blade Trinity.

Downloads
    Uploads

game

if you're still looking for a player i'd be interested in giving it a try I'd need some help setting up a character never made one for vampire and I don't have the books

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awsome, I'll work up me character today and have it up a bit later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay. I'm... I'm just gonna go ahead an ask. What are you doing to that dog?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, well the dog is a vampire dog or a ghoul dog. Its the cutest lil evil thing I ever saw.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What are your guys character concepts going to be?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I have a weird character design, I have a virtue of justice, but a vice of lust...I don't think a small-time grifter would make a good concept. I should probably choose something more along the line of my bohagande path.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Character Name: Whisp
    Concept: Environmentalist

Virtue : Hope
    Vice : Lust

Tribe : Gangrel
    Convent: Circle of the Crone

Size : 5
    Speed : 7
    Init. Mod: 7
    Defense : 2
    Armor : 0 / 0

Health : 9
    Willpower: 7
    Harmony : 7
    Mental Attributes
    -------------------------
    Intelligence: 3
    Wits : 2
    Resolve : 4

Physical Attributes
    Strength : 2
    Dexterity: 4
    Stamina : 4

Social Attributes
    Presence : 2
    Manipulation: 2
    Composure : 3

Mental Skills
    Academics : 1
    Computer : 2
    Craft : 0
    Investigation : 1 (Finding Trap)
    Medicine : 4
    Occult : 0
    Politics : 0
    Science : 3 (Biology)

Physical Skills
    Athletics : 2
    Brawl : 1
    Drive : 0
    Firearms : 0
    Larceny : 0
    Stealth : 0
    Survival : 1
    Weaponry : 0

Social Skills
    Animal Ken : 3
    Empathy : 0
    Expression :
    Intimidation : 1
    Persuasion : 3
    Socialize : 0
    Streetwise : 0
    Subterfuge : 0

Merits

Haven: 1
    Danger Sense: 2
    Direction Sense: 1
    Fighting Finesse (bo stick): 2
    Fleet of Foot: 1

Disciplines

Animalism 2
    Protean
    Resilience 1

Appearance: Her medium length auburn hair always seems to be an unkempt mess. More often than not it is dangling into her eyes. She has a slight build not much on curves but rather built like that of a ballet dancer, nimble and quick.

Background: The battlefields of Iraq were a far cry from her birthplace of Ireland. Yet she migrated fairly early on and believed in the ideals of the United States. So much so that when she came of age she sought service for the purpose of expanding her medical career and having a taste of adventure.

Yet that one night outside of Ur changed everything. It was a deep dark moonless night when the platoon she was attachted to was hit. Men screamed out from her left and right. She ran to different spots and found her friends and comrades in arms torn limb from limb. "What t'e feck is hitting us!?!?!" she thought to herself.

Slowly the rifle fire and cries for help died down to a deathly silence. She found herself alone, in the silent darkness unable to focus her eyes. Yet out of the shadows a form approached her. She scrambled for a gun but it was too late. The predator had sprung upon her and sank its fangs into her neck. Her eyes drifted off into space as her mind slowly began to recall those green hills of Ireland... her last living thoughts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kurt, what is the name of the casino we are in? Reason why I ask is because i am wanting to put up a blog post for our first game 2 weeks ago.

Edit: ...also how would we describe gina? I need a description for my blog.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Remy reminds me of the guy in this photo on the far left with the spiky red hair.

Last edited by newsteadmission; 03-04-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guys, I think I may hand off the campaign to exhominem. I hate to say it, but my performance has been suffering at work and I need to limit my weekday games to 2. I have enjoyed the game, but my heart just isn't in it and I'd like to see exhominem's ideas get off the ground.

I'll make sure to wrap up the story arc tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast