Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Force Power Build Question

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Force Power Build Question

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    My character is getting into the mid range levels and I was planning a head and had a few questions.

First off my questions are not based of qualification for the powers/skills, my question is about their synergy.

Triple Attack -
    Battle Strike - Swift Acation
    Vornskr's Ferocity - Standard Action
    Improved Battle Strike
    Combat Trance

Senario #1
    If someone has three attacks, can they use battle strike on all three?

Senario #2
    Could someone use battle strike on the first attack, and Vornskr's Ferocity on another?

Senario #3
    Using Battle Strike round #1 (with Combat trance) giving the user a battle strike on the first attack every round after. Could the person then use Vornskr's Ferocity on the second or third attack in round #2?

I guess it all boils down to can anyone use those things in one round. Where does it say the person can or cannot?

Thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As written, you could not combine Triple Attack with any of those powers, except Battle Strike as described in Scenario #3. Triple Attack as written states "When you use a full attack action, you make one additional attack...the extra attack and penalty stack with those of Double Attack."

On page 154 of the core rulebook it lists Full Attack under the full round action heading. A Full round action, as stated in the first paragraph, "consumes all of your effort during a given round, effectively replacing all other actions on your turn." Thus no Standard, Move, or Swift actions in the same round you are using a Full Attack action.

Hope that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dytrrnikl is correct.

Triple Attack = Full Round Action
    Battle Strike = Swift Action
    Vornskr's Ferocity - Standard Action
    Improved Battle Strike = non-action
    Combat Trance = non-action

The only one that wouldn't work on a full attack is Vornskyr's Ferocity because as a lightsaber form power it is itself a standard action.

However, all of the others would work with a full round action, although Improved Battle Strike and Combat Trance basically grant the same thing so it would be kind of redundant.

The trick to using Battle Strike as part of a Full-round action is to activate it at the end of one turn, after attacking that turn so that it applies to the attacks you make next turn.

Also, Battle Strike has been errata'd so that it only lasts until the end of your next turn or your next attack.
    Last edited by Inquisitor Tremayne; 02-25-2010 at 06:13 PM.
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    p. 96 Battle Strike
    Change the DC 15 text to: Gain a +1 Force bonus on your next attack roll made before the end of your next turn and deal an additional 1d6 points of damage if the attack hits.

Wouldn't the first attack out of the three be considered the first attack roll?

I don't fully understand how doing battle strike at the end will make a difference then using it at the start.

If what you are saying is that if using battle strike at the end of combat grants the attacker a bonus to all three attacks the next round, why would anyone want improved battle strike? Doesn't it do that anyway regardless of when the battle strike is rolled?
    Last edited by A Flannel Shirt; 02-25-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not that Battle Strike grants the bonus to all attacks, only your next attack roll up to the end of your next turn. Whether that attack roll comes immediately after you activate Battle Strike, or if activated at the end of a round, then with the very first Attack of Opportunity roll (if applicable) or your very first attack roll in the following round. Regardless, the bonus will dissipate on its own, even if you make no attacks, by the end of your next after activating Battle Strike...so use it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless you have the Improved Battle Strike Force Technique, it allows you to add the bonus to all attacks the round.

Combat Trance does something similar.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whe way I read it is that combat trance allows the first attack to have battle strike.

Not a bad thing when you've run out of battle strikes, you at least get the first one.

Thanks again guys

Downloads
    Uploads
    Combat Trance allows you to use Battle Strike on every attack during an encounter as long as you attack every single round of that encounter. You loose the bonus if you do not attack in a round.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    My preferred attack combo is Battle Strike + Rapid Strike + Force Point to either boost Battle Strike or to add to the attack roll.
    Last edited by Inquisitor Tremayne; 02-26-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I attack the darkness!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that warrants a Dark Side point!

Downloads
    Uploads
    In what book can I find combat trance?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is in the Jedi Academy Training Manual book.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The omegadex is one of the best things I've ever found. I'm too tired to find the link, but that is what google is for. Its a pdf that has a searchable list of feats, talents, etc and what book they are in.