Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Chapter Five: At Death's Door
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter Five: At Death's Door

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chapter Five: At Death's Door

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Dark City: The Guild War
    Chapter Five
    At Death's Door

Cursed by the Bandit Captain, the thieves re-enter the dark and gloomy sea caverns in hopes of discover the bones of the late bandit leader and unlocking his hoard. Time is running out, as by the end of the day, those cursed may find themselves dead or worse...

Downloads
    Uploads

Barnabas to Calloway:

((Sorry, didn't get this out in time since people wanted to back track and then I got tied up.))

"Boss, got some bad news here. I heard dat Captain Mortimer talkin to some strange voice sounded not right light some bad mojo worker. Looks like we got a rat workin for da Captain dat had me held up down there. He was real pissed dat dem dames grabbed da charts, don't know what dat means. Da voice said to start wit da plan even though some vessel dame ain't ready yet. Said somthin bout a Nymphs Kiss. Also da voice says da Saughain an da Illumina ain't happy wit Mortimer. Also looks like one o dem dames is sick and needs to go back down dere. What you want me to do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    (hoping for an updated map of the Smuggler's Caves, showing the areas we visited and those we moved past after leaving the Captain's Cave.)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To Barnabas: "The Nymphs Kiss? That is one of the Guild's merchant ships. This Illumina has managed to form an alliance with some sea raiders and an a aquatic humanoid race. Very interesting.... Good work, Barnabas!"

"The Nymph's Kiss is not due to port for another three days or so. You should accompany Madoka and the others, since you know the area and see if you can find anymore information. If you manage to lift the curse and make it back in one piece, we can see what we can do about our sea raiders."

(Maps--not going to happen. Draw your own map. You have enough information to do that. You know of only one way back to the caves.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Woot! I found the clue we need and made my own map.

from before:

The passage continues for another 30 minutes, getting tighter but maneuverable. You hear the scrapping of the chest Barnabas is carrying behind you against the walls of the cavern.

Ahead you find the passage is at a crossroad.
    One heading lower to your left and one heading higher to your right. A foul salty smell comes from the left and painted next to it is a strange devil face, much like the one you have seen on the journal and the belt buckle.

The right passage seems to have a slight breeze and the smell of dank water is caught on your nose.

We went right and got out through the shroom cave. Now I bet we need to go left instead. I think it's more than a coincidence that the left fork is marked with the same strange devil face as the items we found.

We should also sneak back into the main complex and check the following areas:

1. passage leading right from the crew quarters (we went left only)
    2. the corridor guarded by the Terminator Zombies
    3. the shack by the dock and bay

DM: there seems to be a passage leading southeast out of the cold cave but I don't remember one ever being described. Is this a dead-end?

[Madoka puts on the devil pin and the devil belt and stealthily leads the group down the left passage with the foul salty smell and devil face unless anyone objects to this plan.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cavernsmap-K.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kevmap.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	657  

Downloads
    Uploads
    Following, wondering how gross Madoka will look if this curse gets activated.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Borodeva View Post
    DM: there seems to be a passage leading southeast out of the cold cave but I don't remember one ever being described. Is this a dead-end?
    No one bother to check it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [Madoka puts on the devil pin and the devil belt and stealthily leads the group down the left passage with the foul salty smell and devil face unless anyone objects to this plan.]

We'll check the passage through the ice cave next if this way doesn't pan out.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Traveling back to the crags is but two hours after your healing and shopping.

Descending back down the shroom cave was easy enough and you make it back to the intersection of the cave. Sure enough the devilish face is on the passage and you follow it down. You estimate you have about five hours before the alleged curse should kick in.

The air indeed is moist and salty and a slight breeze is felt. After 20 minutes of carefully walking the passage ends at a small metal rusty grated gate. It appears to be reinforced with sliding bars and a series of padlocks appear to hold it in place. Beyond the gate you see the passage opens into a vast cave into the darkness. The sound of dripping water into a pool is heard beyond.

You note that the bars of the grated gate have taken quite a punishment. They are slightly bent towards you, as if a large mass had pushed against it. Madoka notices scorch marks along the tunnel walls beyond the gate as if explosions of fire had happened frequently.
    Last edited by wizarddog; 02-21-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [open my locket to make sure I have a good hands-free light source, then check for traps, then start opening the locks, motioning for the others to stay at least 10 behind me.]

Downloads
    Uploads
    "This don't look good. Can you open it?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Madoka discovers as she tries to pick the locks that their mechanism have been filled with some sort of material, most likely lead, which has fused the locks. It won't be possible to pick them. However, they have been worn by salt water and rust for what looks like many years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Hmm, these locks are toast. They look pretty rusty though. I bet a big strong guy like you Barney could break them easily. Care to give it a try?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I do this and every thing down there will here it." Barnabas takes his bastard sword in two hands and strikes at the first lock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gisele, now wearing the armor under her cloak, trails along behind the other two until they have to make a lot of noise anyway breaking down the door.

"We need to take the Captain's bones back into the ice cave - there's a dark temple past the part we were in. That's what the journal said."

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast