Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Space Opera
System Used: Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Current Players: 2
Desired # of Players: 5
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Sunday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Ventrilo, Maptools, possibly others.
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Ventrilo, Maptools, possibly others.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Trader with flavors of Dark Heresy

Downloads
    Uploads

Rogue Trader with flavors of Dark Heresy

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am starting up a weekly game online using some programs that you can pick up for free to run a Rogue Trader/Dark Heresy campaign. Days I have available will be Sunday or Monday NIGHT (approx. 8:00pm Eastern US for at least 4+ hours).
    If you are interested post here OR send me a PM. I have in mind to begin the game with all the characters as part of an ancient Rogue Trader Captain's entourage you will be his successors, whomever choses to be the PC RT will likely be a descendant, a rather inexperienced young Trader with great potential. In the style of good story telling, I will likely start you out with vast resources, profit factor, and probably a small armada of ships all belonging to the Old Trader but at your disposal and then promptly take it all away from you. He will guide you through the galaxy showing trade routes, introducing you to influential people, and generally showing the young crew the ropes, until the Old Trader feels that you are able to be let alone with your own small ship and crew, and carry on his legacy. At which time I will sufficiently have established my unique universe and feel comfortable allowing you free roam. (figure this will take approx. the first session or two.)

The next bit would of course be entirely up to the crew and captain.

Of course at some point you will become involved into the grander campaign a destiny which I as the GM have already lain before you. Without revealing too many details I want to step back and explain the scale of this game as I have envisioned it. (I apologize for the digression) I have been playing in the games workshop 40k universe since the original rogue trader and space hulk.
    No I don't expect you to have them on hand. But I do have them on hand and fully intend to use many aspects from them. I also played the current versions of 40k tabletop up to 3rd edition, Epic 40k, Battle Fleet Gothic, and the original Inquisitor. I plan on blending a lot of the aspects from each of those games into our campaign, this means that at some point u may very well be standing on a battlefield alongside countless tens of thousands of imperial guardsmen, space marines, tanks, super heavy tanks, TITANS, and perhaps even be in command of the entire front/crusade. (likely not in the first seven or eight months of actual play, and yes I do expect this game to continue for at least a year.) at some point you may be placed in charge of an entire sector. I will be drawing upon the rules for tabletop 40k to portray the large battles, and Epic for the super sized ones, so that we can resolve them whilst playing the games designed for this exact type of thing. I plan on having a game that can scale from the individual level to the obscenely gigantic scale of Battlefleet Gothic. NOTHING will be too large or too small to have a working tested ruleset. If the players are smart and lucky enough they will eventually be in control of more power than even the High Lords of Holy Terra.

At some point LONG before you are placed in command of vast amounts of the Emperors legions, you will likely encounter some aspect of the Orodos. (that's the part that DH comes in) if the players are clever enough to survive long enough. After the encounter there may be opportunities to Join the Inquisition proper. At that junction the game may make a slight turn towards a different destiny. (that's why it's RPG after all.)

I hope that this garners some interest before Sunday so we can all have our first "character planning session and introduction" With two confirmed and one possible that still leaves me with about 3 more slots open in the game. AGAIN... if you are interested Post up or PM me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    still looking for players?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd love to play but the times don't work for me. Sunday night is my RL D&D game and Monday is generally spent with my wife watching House and Big Bang Theory. Weirdly, they're about the only two nights in the week I can't do anything else.

If the nights change, I'd be interested!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in the same boat as Forbozz. Sunday is Church day and fiance time. Monday is Big Bang Theory night.

Downloads
    Uploads

TV...

I didn't think anyone with an Internet connection actually watched TV any more... what with full episodes on the web the very next day with like 100 less commercials... I understand wanting to spend time with the wife/girlfriend, but hook your TV up to the comp and play the show whenever the two of you have time, most streams come in HD. I miss Chuck 'n Heroes on Monday... but you can be sure I watch those every week on-line when I don't have other obligations. I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but I think that excuse is just... well an excuse not a reason.

As for Church and RL I completely understand.

Anyways I am looking for gamers with slightly different priorities;
    Real Life > Gaming.
    TV is NOT real life therefore:
    TV < Gaming

I really don't want to sound like an A-hole (which after reading the above I know I do a bit) I am just looking for players that are at least close to being as dedicated to the story and game as I am. Again: Real Life is a priority and from time to time I may have things come up too, but I am looking for players that want to show up on time each week and have fun each week.
    Last edited by TheOneBigOne; 02-08-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Trust me, I got a computer hooked up to my TV with 2TB of downloaded and recorded shows. My Monday night is a sacred time for me and my wife. It's the only night that generally speaking, no matter what our schedules over the week (which can vary greatly) we try our damnedest to keep Monday nights open. Some weeks, it's the only night we have to see each other working different shifts. House and Big Bang Theory airing on that night are just coincidences.

Simply put: I'd give up my Sunday IRL gaming night with my group I've gamed with for 20 years before I gave up my Monday family night.

As it stands though, you have two potential players who are good for any night other than the ones you've listed. I can't speak for Arkaris and I'll assume you misinterpreted my original statement for why my Monday's are out, so no offense taken, but if you can change to an alternate night, I'd love to join you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to play. Not too familiar with DH, but been reading up on RT a lot and it sounds like a blast. Pretty familiar with the WH40k universe in general, I play Space Wolves in the tabletop game.

As for night, I'd be down for either night. I don't have a wife or fiancee, and I don't like The Big Bang Theory.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One more person is all we need to start although by no means is the game full. We have the minimum of 4 that I need but I would still like at least another two players.

In response to earlier posts... I do understand family time and girlfriend/wife time this I get. TV was what I didn't understand if the only thing keeping you from gaming is TV (not to put too fine a point on it) I am not sure if you are a good fit for the game anyways.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm very interested,

however I warn you that I have no experience with RT (I played a little DH a but haven't even read the whole book yet). I'm however familiar with the WFRP game system if that helps.

And I don't watch TV...

I'm available both Sunday and Monday evening, but if at all possible would like not to play too much beyond midnight EST (I work very early, and I need my beauty sleep otherwise I bite my coworkers and customers).

Don't know when you'd like to start, but FYI I'm booked this next Monday, after that I'll be Ok.

Also, I don't know if you're using Maptool for the VTT. If not, I'd recommend to check it out, as there is already a DH Framework for it that's just plain amazing (full Character sheet support with skill, psy, weapons, armour, gear, skill, talent support), and I can help adapt it to RT if needed. I can also give you a Maptool rundown if you are unfamiliar with it.

Maptool download: http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=downloads#MapTool

Maptool doc and video tutorials: http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=tutorials

DH Framework: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12137
    (open Maptool first, then File >> Open Campaign and browse to this. There's a mini tutorial for it).

Last, I can also contribute a TeamSpeak server for Vocal.

Downloads
    Uploads

In-game programs and tools.

Florent... look just above my very first post... up where it says campaign summary...

I plan on using maptools, ventrilo, and possibly other programs to run this game on-line.

I have a Vent 15-man paid private server, and I have about 5-6 months experience with Maptools, although I don't really use it to it's full potential, I do use it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great !

sorry I missed the tech. details on your first post, I guess I've read too fast.

Glad you're using Maptools, it's my favorite. Vent is also a great tool and I hvae a client ready to use for it and some experience with it (used to have a server as well).

Have you tried the Maptool Framewor I mentioned above ? It's pretty amazing, and keeps improving regularly.

When do you plan on running the char. planning session ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for the interest. We had our first planning and introductions on Wed. Feb. 10. But do not despair! There is still room for more players, post your interest by Sunday to be included in all the fun.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there,

where can I send you my CS and background ?

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tonight Fri. Feb. 12 around 8-ish I will be on vent to help anyone that has further questions and for those who missed the last meeting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Not Too Late!

Even though we have begun to play it is still not too late to join us. Be sure to post your interest or PM me. The game has 4 confirmed players so far and I would like to gather at least two more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast