Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Fantasy Game Line

Downloads
    Uploads

Fantasy Game Line

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Ah, as is to be expected... every one seems to want a D&D style game rather than super dudes. So this is for you. Email your character, race and such to me. Each one must have 25 points to use to create the basic character. Put these points to Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence. In my next post here I will describe the world back ground. DO IT!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two worlds of fantasy in which I have run games before. The oldest one is of my own design, but runs mauch as the old D&D camps were meant to look. The main area is a human nation running along a huge river system. The capital is called Riverdale, a good sized walled city set in the river delta several miles from the sea.
    The River, yes, that is its name, begins in the mountains as run-off from several glaciers, trikling mostly southward thru several Dwarf controled passes and vallies until the now navigable stream turns east from the first human trading post. The River runs almost due east for several hundred miles with well watered hills to the south and a mostly unexplored desert to the north. Finally, The River turns southward again, and much like the Amazon, Begins a long journey to the sea. Lakes and swamp like areas abound along its multible banks as it winds a slow path thru a long and nearly flat valley.
    The delta near the mouth span close to fifty miles both across and in depth. It is covered both in cotton and tobacco farms.
    Riverdale itself was conquered many years ago by a powerful paladin who has now grown old. He has no known heir, which may cause problems in the near future. His rule extends all the way to the Bend, (where The River turns from east to south) and many miles to the east of the water into to what is known as the hill country. In the hills and beyond are several nations and kings going all the way past the southern reach of the mountains.
    To the east of The River, however is a wall. It is a sudden uplift in the earth that stands like a cliff, almost striaght running parallel to The River from the sea to the bend. The top of these cliffs are the Highlands, very little explored and known to be inhabited by feirce tribes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I was not able to finish my description of that last fantacy world, the library comp system cut of my time. But now I will give a breif description of the second world. yeah, right, like I know the meaning of brief.
    Basicly, this a world shattered by a war between the Gods. Each 'island' is shaped much as a cone with a wide flat top, where some folk live. Most island are large enough to support a descent size city with enough land around them for farming communites. There are many that are only a kilometer or two across with the 'cone' of land below descending only a few hundred meters or more. These usually only support some barron with a small keep. Other 'islands' are quite large and several are known to have entire kingdoms on their surface, with extensive tails of material going down for hundreds or perhaps thousands of miles.
    These 'islands float about 'The Mist.' In the air, in other words. travel between the different places is done by majically enhansed ships. These look like regular sailing ship but can have the sail in various places as well as on top. Like on each side or below. Thus most ships have at least two masts, many having three or four. Some fighting ships have been known to run as many a six and eight rigs.
    To keep things simple, navigation wise, any one off their home turf, knows which direction thier birth place is. I got this idea for Edgar Rice Bourghos,(sp).
    Also, to be noted, is the sun is always at zenith, permanet noon. However night darkness does rise regularly. As do those lowthsome orcs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Burroughs. Unusual worlds you've described.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello, Are you still looking for players in your campagns? If so what lvl are the characters starting at?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Send your typical d&d character. Lvl 1 to 4 are reasonable. Be sure to spicify all of the charc's skills and abilities. As this will tend to be more of role play than simple battle, these will be of more importance.
    As for character types, all the common human and demi-human may beused. There is one class that may be granted, with the right request that is not in the d&d books. Shapeshifter. This is not the werecreatures, but is similar. It is a creature that may be either humanoid with theability to shift to a particular animal, or an animal that can shift to a humanoid body. It can be of any class but not multiclass.
    xp is given per post AND content, so discribing your actions is paramont.

Downloads
    Uploads
    can the characters be from any suppliments or do they have to be only from Phb?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any character MAY do. I am most familiar with the basic races and archtypes presented in the original books, However, I shall not preclude unusual races or backgrounds.
    Just try to remember that the world of Riverdale (the central lands of the game story) is a young world, with humans being that latest race put on it. The area of Riverdale is primarily human, but all the other basic races are present.

Several hundred years past, the Elves finally sued for peace, maostly to save the Dwarves from total annilation. Since then, there has been mostly peace between the diffent races, but flare-ups do happen.

Now, as for the city and nation of Riverdale itself, about fifty years prior to the present, it was conquered and ruled by a great paladin. He still keeps the peace, but he is getting old. Much prejudice now exists.

Just chose your character carefully and email it to me. We can make any adjustments to the game from there.