Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: D&D 3E
Style: 75% Combat / 25% Roleplaying
Current Players: 2
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: pittsburgh
State: pa
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Friday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Thread: pittsburgh dnd 3e group

Downloads
    Uploads

pittsburgh dnd 3e group

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Starting up a new group with an out of practice dm and at least 1 brand new player. Not looking for rpg veterans, as the first few sessions are mostly going to be intro to char creation and combat mechanics.

The campaign is in a homebrew world, starting at level 1 with several restrictions on character type, etc, but nothing too unreasonable. The story's mostly linear, but allows for some sidetracking (keep in mind, trying to be friendly to our new player(s), so the game world is designed in such a way as to keep things straightforward, but allow for a reasonable amount of exploration). Rules lawyering is frowned upon, and there will be a few house rules in place to shape a few things that don't work so well in 3e, particularly attacks of opportunity. I wrote above rp25%/combat75% mostly because that's how my previous games have gone, but it's my opinion that you can't predefine the balance, it just shifts itself naturally with how the players and gm choose to interact. For the most part, it's important to realize things will be kept pretty straightforward and simple.

We'll meet friday evenings most likely, around 4pm, at either university of pittsburgh campus in oakland, or CCAC campus in north shore area, both readily accessible by bus routes. We might consider, if you have someplace better to meet, like a house, meeting there. All members of group to this point are college students, though we wouldn't exclude you if you aren't.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Outstanding! Good to see another group getting started in the Pittsburgh area. If we can be of help, be sure to ask Etarnon, myself, or one of the other Assistant Organizers of the Pittsburgh Dungeons & Dragons Meetup over on the Meetup.com site. Etarnon is our Organizer of the Meetup group. Good luck with your game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello I saw your post and am interested in possibly joining, i haven't played D&D for years(Since high school) and am interested starting up again, this is my first time using this forum so i'm not realy sure how this works or what I'm supposed to do.

Thanks

Caladan