Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Super Heroic
Game Location N/A
Game Times N/A
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Gametable
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Gametable)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mutants and Masterminds or NWoD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "Isn't Chicago mostly populated with werewolves? That could put a cramp on a vampire game couldn't it?"

The Chicago book has a section in the book for Vampires, Werewolfs and Mages. It is a very detailed setting for all three spheres. Contrary to common belief... all the spheres are often active in the same area at the same time and are unaware of eachother or don't care about one another. There is no longer a metaplot / global / religious reason for vampires and werewolves to hate one another... though that doesn't mean that they don't end up hating eachother anyway.

And I said that I DIDN't want to play there or in any other established setting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, I'm with you on New Orleans. I live about 3 hrs from there so I visit from time to time. Gotta love that place and the Cajun food.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm leaning towards New Orleans as well. Nobody says we have to stick 100 % to canon, though frankly whichever city the ST is most familiar will get my vote.

As for time period, I'd argue in favor of modern-modern, ie 2010.
    Last edited by exhominem; 02-17-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a funny feeling Claive doesn't want to do New Orleans, also i have a feeling I misunderstood him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whatever, the place will be what the place will be. It doesn't look like anyone is particularly invested in being in a certain place.

We should probably start talking character concepts. I'm leaning towards a 23 year old One-Armed Ventrue OSS veteran with a penchant for fire-spitting shotguns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hah that's awesome. I am planning to be the brute to do ag dmg. Not sure how to come up with a concept though, I have never really gotten into that aspect of this game.

I was thinking I might have been a Wing Chun expert in my previous life, I decided to move to <location still unknown> to open a Wing Chun school and some how got drawn in and became apart of a herd that eventually rewarded me with a second life. Depending on the setting I would have resources for various things...in New Orleans, for example, I was thinking of owning a club of some sort on Bourbon Street.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So combat heavy concepts huh?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here it is, Gangrel Bohagnde with claws, likes to be a small-time grifter that walks around with a giant gun (S&W 500). I also have a Kevlar Vest on too. i have a hefty health of 9. I feel confident i will be a heavy hitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And attract every police officer in a five mile radius?

Downloads
    Uploads
    My virtue is Justice, I should totally be their buddies and be scary as hell at the same time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks like I will be the face of the group. Deava con man / corrupter concept.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You and I can con together then. As a small-time grifter that's basically what i do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name: Remy
    Clan: Ventrue
    Virtue: Prudence - "Or you know, we could NOT piss off the big scary werewolves and get promptly disemboweled. Just saying."
    Vice: Sloth - "I don't do things the hard way. I do them as easily as possible. Which usually involves just talking to folks. Or. You know. Shotguns."
    Concept: The Driver
    Convenant: Invictus

Pictures
    Atmosphere
    Portrait

Changing Stats
    Health: 7/7
    Vitae: 10/10
    EXP: 1
    Initiative :5
    Defense :3
    Armor: 1 / 2
    Speed :11
    Blood potency :1
    Mental attributes (4) + Clan Specialty (Resolve): Intelligence 2, Wits 4, Resolve 2
    Physical attributes (5): Strength 3, Dexterity 4, Stamina 2
    Social attributes (3) : Presence 2, Manipulation 2, Composure 2

Mental skills (7): Investigation 4, Crafts 3
    Physical skills (11): Drive 4 (Aggressive City Driving), Firearms 5 (Shotgun), Larceny 4 (Security Systems)
    Social skills (4): Expression 4

Disciplines
    Resilience 3
    Dominate 2

Merits
    Haven* (Shared) (2)
    Resources (3)
    Technophile (Vehicles) (2) -Armory p208
    Stunt Driver (3)
    Meditative Mind (1)
    Eidetic Memory (2)
    EXP EXPENDITURE (75)
    Merits (x2)
    Stunt Driver (3) = 6 exp
    Meditative Mind (1) = 2 exp
    Eidetic Memory (2) = 4 exp
    TOTAL 12 exp

Clan Disciplines (x5)
    Dominate (1) = 5 exp
    Dominate (2) = 10 exp
    TOTAL 15 exp

Attribute (x5)
    Dexterity (4) = 20 exp
    TOTAL = 20 exp

Skills (x3)
    Firearms (5) = 15 exp
    Larceny (4) = 12 exp

TOTAL 27 exp

Total Spent: 74

BACKGROUND

Appearance
    Remy's main feature is his nigh-constant smile or smirk. No matter the circumstance, Remy can always seem to find the humor, no matter how dark it may be.

He has sandy brown hair and dark, green eyes. He appears to be in his early twenties.

Like most other Ventrue, Remy dresses smartly and cleanly. However, his semi-formal style of dress may ruffle a few feathers at Elysium.

Clothing
    -Stud eye-brow peircing
    -Fingerless leather driving gloves
    -Grey, short-sleeved, button-down work shirt
    -Undershirt
    -Thin kevlar vest
    -Loose black jeans and belt
    -Expensive wristwatch
    -Black sneakers
    -Silver wallet chain

Personality
    The best way to describe Remy would be 'easy-going'. He usually can be found making jokes, wise-cracking, and complaining about some trivial or minor irritation. He spends most of his time thinking up cute nicknames for his friends generally trying to lighten the mood, even in the most tense situations.

He is generally friendly towards other Kindred, does his best to work well with others, and is perfectly willing to let others take the lead.
    Life

Other Kindred generally know that Remy grew up sometime during the early part of the 20th century, and was involved with a variety of prohibition-related criminal activity prior to his embrace in the 1920's.
    Requiem

It is generally known that Remy spends most of his time either under the hood of his car, someone else's car, or behind the wheel of a car. He's a common figure in the illegal street-racing scene, though his typical Kindred duties tend more towards the investigative and martial.

He's been called upon by the Sheriff more than a few times to ferry around crews of hounds, as well as providing back-up when something needs to get killed in a hurry.

Chances are, if you've pissed off the Prince and are trying to leave town, Remy is the one they're gonna send after you to drag you back into Elysium to stand trial. No matter how fast you run, Remy's car goes faster.
    Family

It is generally known that Remy is somehow tied to the Prince of the city's bloodline, though exactly how is generally unknown. What is known is that the Prince does not care much for Remy, the Elysium generally treats him with disdain, and yet Remy can be counted on by the power structure to provide his services, no matter what the task may be.

Relationships
    Alex Korocek - Truth be told, Remy prefers the company of Carthian's like Alex to the stuffiness and incestuousness of his own Invictus heritage. The fact that Alex is a generally friendly guy and knows how to get things done the subtle way only improves their relationship. Whenever Remy sees Alex skulking around in the clubs, he makes a point to buy him a drink... even though neither of them can drink it. Remy's nickname for him is "Allie."

Varner - Just like everyone else in Las Vegas, Remy knows that Varner is the guy to get you what you need in the city of Sin. Whenever Remy needs something with a little more 'punch' than usual, or expensive parts on the cheap, he hits up Varner. Remy sometimes teases Varner about his glum nature, encouraging him to use makeup on his scars and 'go out and pick up some chicks'. Remy can't seem to keep his stupid trap shut, and he hopes Varner doesn't take his jokes too seriously. No one wants a bad-ass Nosferatu with access to premium destructive hardware pissed off at you. Remy's nickname for him is "Spots."

Isaac - According to Remy, what this guy lacks in subtlety he makes up for in style. While others take his heritage as a bad sign and are very, very scared of him, Remy knows from personal experience is that the people with the worst luck around this guy are the one's that he's pointing his guns at or ripping the tar out of. Either way, he's a good guy to have watching your back, and a good friend to have. Remy's nickname for him is "Jonah."
    Last edited by exhominem; 02-25-2010 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Spent EXP

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by exhominem View Post
    So, what are we? Invictus enforcers? An Unaligned gang? Servants of the Lancea Sanctum?

Does everyone want to kick in for a shared Haven? Do we know eachother? For how long? Lets hear some ideas.
    I guess some of that will depend on the setting, and how exactly Kurt wants to set it up. If the focus is ultimately going to be on intra-clan/covenant/whatever politics, the role of the group (and us as individual players) will be different than if it's some kind of conflict between covenants, or something.

As far as character concepts go, I've got a couple I'm still mulling over, a Nosferatu and a Mekhet (the more I researched them the more they grew on me). I guess having a better idea of what the setting and tone of the game will be would help me nail things down a little bit more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name: Billy Wood
    Concept: Strip Club Manager
    Virtue: Charity
    Vice: Gluttony
    Clan: Deava
    Covenant: Circle of the Crone

Intelligence: 2 Strength: 4 Presence: 3
    Wits: 2 Dexterity: 1 Manipulation: 5
    Resolve: 4 Stamina: 2 Composure: 1

Mental: Academics (Law) 1, Computer 1, Medicine 1, Occult 1, Politics 3
    Physical: Athletics 3, Brawl 1
    Social: Animal Ken 1, Empathy (Sense a Victim) 4, Intimidation 1, Persuasion (Seduction) 5, Socialize 1, Streetwise 1, Subterfuge 1

Merits: Haven (location 5), Striking looks 2, Status (city, covenant) 1, Languages (German, Spanish) 1, Haven (security) 1 (two different locations, bolt holes), Barfly 1

Disciplines: Magesty 3

Blood Potency: 1
    Humanity: 7
    Size: 5
    Defense: 1
    Initiative Mod: 2
    Speed: 10
    Health: 7
    Will: 5

Exp Spending: 50 four social skills to (1)12 intelligence (2)10 wits (2)10 Status (covanent) (1)2 German (1) 2 Spanish (1) 2 two level 1 havens (2+2) Striking looks (2) 6 barfly (1) 2

Strictly speaking... If we want to share my haven we would have to be discreat... I don't want it burned down. Also, Are we treating different haven attributes as different merits? So can I get a Haven with security 2 and location 1 and have it count as 2+4+2 = 8 exp or would it be one three point merit at 2+4+6=12 exp?
    Last edited by Claive; 02-19-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast