Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Super Heroic
Game Location N/A
Game Times N/A
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Gametable
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Gametable)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mutants and Masterminds or NWoD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    We'll start next wednesday. Give your characters 50 xp to start. We'll start in the present day, at a location-to-be-named. Your character can be as old as you want (just give me a damn good backstory), we'll just say that your BP has lowered due to torpor. Also, if you want to play a non-vampire, just ask- but vamps look like the foci of this campaign.

Few questions to think about: what themes do you want for this campaign? more roleplaying or combat? do you want to focus on vampires and their enemies or deal with some of the other WoD denizens? How serious do you want this?
    Last edited by kurtthedm; 02-16-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like how ever everyone else likes it, I'm a newb so I really can't say how I like it yet. I do like to RP in NWoD because anything you say can really set things off in the wrong direction sometimes which makes things fun. I guess a traditional 50/50 RP and combat would be fine. If we have more than one class type the game might be a bit odd or so I hear. I have always played vampires so I can't really speak about that much but from what I have heard there are situations like Werewolves having their enemies that vampires might not be able to see or something like that, maybe it was mages that had that. My personal feelings are lets stick to something simple but fun and serious at the same time so laid back might best describe it. What do you all think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like the game to be more political than most games. Be that City, Covenant, clan or interpersonal politics. I would prefer to not focus on the other aspects of the world of darkness... Vampires are more than enough to deal with, as they are often their own worst enemy.

What do you mean by Serious? I think about 75% realism / 25% fudge is about a good mix.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claive View Post
    I would like the game to be more political than most games. Be that City, Covenant, clan or interpersonal politics. I would prefer to not focus on the other aspects of the world of darkness... Vampires are more than enough to deal with, as they are often their own worst enemy.

What do you mean by Serious? I think about 75% realism / 25% fudge is about a good mix.
    Hey guys, another prospective player checking in, throwing out my two cents.

I agree that focusing on more of the interactions with the environment (other Vampires, nosy mortals, etc) would be cool. I think that depending on where exactly this is taking place could have an impact on the scale we would want things. It might be difficult to get everybody going in one direction if it is, say, Clan based, and not everybody wants to play as a Daeva. City or Covenant would make more sense, and I think it offers a lot more opportunity for cool stuff to happen.

And yeah, I think a proper balance in tone would be needed as well. Not slapstick, but not oppressive either. Not very specific, I know, but it's the best I can come up with right now.

Anyway, that's my take on things. I won't be upset if things go differently, just some suggestions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where do you want this set? And where specifically in America? I'll do the research on the city, but you probably will have to correct me.

Would you guys be up for this being set in 1999 on the eve of the milennium- or set in 2010?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
    It might be difficult to get everybody going in one direction if it is, say, Clan based, and not everybody wants to play as a Daeva. City or Covenant would make more sense, and I think it offers a lot more opportunity for cool stuff to happen.
    Clan politics may be separate and indistinct for each character.

To gather us together I suggest rumors of VII or the brood or just kindred disappearing... There are many things that could bring us together.

----

I am a fan of 1999. The city doesn't matter so much to me... so long as there is a river near by and construction happens on a regular basis. The particulars of the city can be fudged, no one expects the details of the city to be exact.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am biased but I say New Orleans just because it's time for a good party. 2010 would be cool because we can talk about current events as they happen, maybe even intertwine the sotry with current events.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Clan politics may be separate and indistinct for each character.

To gather us together I suggest rumors of VII or the brood or just kindred disappearing... There are many things that could bring us together.

----

I am a fan of 1999. The city doesn't matter so much to me... so long as there is a river near by and construction happens on a regular basis. The particulars of the city can be fudged, no one expects the details of the city to be exact.
    Excellent point. I didn't mean to imply that Clan politics should be left out entirely, just that we shouldn't try to fit a square player into a round Vampire, so to speak.

As far as place and time period, I think it's really up to what you feel most comfortable with, Kurt. Like Claive said, nobody is going to throw a fit if everything about the city isn't perfect. Time period, as well, isn't a big deal, although the idea of potentially weaving modern day events into the storyline (or just using them for flavor) is kind of intriguing.

Of course, having the backdrop of the impending Y2K apocalypse scenario might be fun as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooo, I love this brainstorming!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by newsteadmission View Post
    Ooo, I love this brainstorming!

In that everything we say contradicts something someone else said?

Well except, we all agree in wanting a primarily vampire game.

So many character ideas

Downloads
    Uploads
    So many character ideas
    Tell me about it. But I guess it's better than drawing a blank.

Although I must admit, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around what exactly a Mekhet is. Are they just emo, or is there something more to them that I'm missing? Maybe my reading comprehension sucks, but the book seems pretty vague on the kinds of things that separate the Mekhet from the other clans (aside from the fact that they're not any of the other clans, of course).

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Mekhet are the invisible loremaster aspect of the Lasambra, tremere and boneflowers from kote

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Mekhet are the invisible loremaster aspect of the Lasambra, tremere and boneflowers from kote
    Ah, ok. I guess I didn't pick up on that vibe initially, but I see where you're coming from. That does make them more distinct.

On another topic, I think a place like Newark, or maybe Pittsburgh, would be cool as far as settings go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would prefer a setting that isn't already extensively mapped out in cannon, mainly new Orleans and Chicago

Downloads
    Uploads
    Isn't Chicago mostly populated with werewolves? That could put a cramp on a vampire game couldn't it?

Edit: I think I may have misunderstood you, but hey I don't care where we play.
    Last edited by newsteadmission; 02-17-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast