Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Designated Group Healer Class?

Downloads
    Uploads

Designated Group Healer Class?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hi there, I tried searching the forums, I've asked some people and I'm still trying to figure out which classes would be good for strictly, healing the group?

I'm looking at classes other than the Cleric, Shaman (Bear), and Bard. I think those three classes would be the top healing type classes.

I'm also not interested in multiclassing.

Do all the Leader type classes have healing abilities?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    all of the leader role classes have healing. Even some of the defenders have some healing, but limited (paladin and warden).
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    it's true all the leader classes have healing, but you have to choose the right path of that class

I play a 'Panther' Shaman, which uses a stalker spirit, and the shaman only has an Encounter Power that can be used twice per encounter and it's called Healing Spirit. There's no bonus for additional HP, but anyone adjacent to the spirit companion gets a 1d6 healing bonus.

If you choose Bear Shaman and it's specific At-Will/Encounter/Daily power, it's a lot better with the heals rather than Panther.

Also, I'm not sure if all the leader classes have a "Healing Path", such as the Shaman, or Bard. So that's what I'm trying to figure out.

I guess I'll just play around with the Character Builder from DnD insider and check it out.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tony2k View Post
    Also, I'm not sure if all the leader classes have a "Healing Path", such as the Shaman, or Bard. So that's what I'm trying to figure out.
    The shaman definitely has a healing path. I play a protector shaman in a group with no other healers, and he does just fine. The important thing to realize is that each of the classes have a slightly different strategy that makes them excel as a healer. When I first started playing a shaman, I tried too hard to focus on getting and using pure healing abilities, and I missed at first how critical giving the party temporary hitpoints and DR was to the shamans healing tactics. Once I got a feel for it, the character felt much less like a second class healer and more like the healing bad ass that I wanted him to be.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    When I first started playing a shaman, I tried too hard to focus on getting and using pure healing abilities, and I missed at first how critical giving the party temporary hitpoints and DR was to the shamans healing tactics.
    Yeah I know what you mean, and I was actually wondering if the temporary hit points stack up when you use the "Protecting Strike" At-Will power? Or for that matter, do temporary Hit Points stack ?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, temporary hit points don't stack, but DR and temporary hit points do. Nonetheless, it really does a great job of softening up the hits, and has become one of my default go-to powers despite the fact that it is an at-will.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Divine Power does have a build and power for a more healing centric cleric. I prefer the warlord as a leader role. You take the right race and feats and they are pretty effective at healing and combat advantages.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd agree with above - for solid healing the warlord isn't a bad choice - especially after MP2. (they even can feat so they get an extra use of their inspiring word per encounter)

Though personally (for flavor's sake) I am really enjoying the artificer. Not too shabby a healer (though not the best) but has some really interesting build options.