Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Howdy from Texarkana
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Howdy from Texarkana

Downloads
    Uploads

Howdy from Texarkana

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Just saying hi. I'm from Texarkana, a town whose only remarkable feature is that it is directly on the border of Texas and Arkansas. I've been living here about six months now, and have yet to find a game. Anybody know of of any games in the Ark-la-tex region that need a player, or an established group that wants a story-oriented GM, drop me a line.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

I'm sure you'll find players on this site. BTW, hello and welcome to the boards.

Another great way to find gamers (besides this site) is to attend all the CON's. Seems last time i checked, you have over 12 a year out there.

Here's a link: http://www.fencon.org/calendar.html

Er... Um... you're probably wondering why a Californian would know about this Texas stuff. Well, tell you the truth, I'm really a Texan. That's where my ss# is from, anyway... and my family.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 01-21-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I know about the cons. I often work/attend Aggiecon in College Station. But alas, Texarkana is 7 hours away from my gaming friends there. Sometimes I wonder if Texas is simply too darn big. There's too much BFE between interesting things.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Best of luck to you, just the same. Too bad you can't find one gaming buddy to carpool with to these conventions. Heck, i go many hours out to a convention and what do i find? I find gamers from my area. Do as i do, run some game so you can get into the convention for free, then give all your players your contact number - as well as leaving your flyers all over the convention. Believe me when i say, you'll likely have to turn gamers away due to having filled games at your home.

Conventions can be fun. Here's a personal anecdote for you: I once ran a WFRP1E game that was scheduled for 4 hours at a convention - i forget which one. Halfway through, one of the players asked if i wouldn't mind running the game more than 4 hours. i told him that i'd be willing to run this game for the next 24 hours if the interest was there. What happened? Well, 6 out of 8 gamers stayed for the next 20+ hours to game. Oh, and 2 of those players got into my regular gaming group after that. Ah, good times.

Were their deaths? Oh yes. WFRP is very dark, gritty and unforgiving. If i remember correctly, half the group had to make replacement characters, due to a pretty good death rate, in order to continue playing. They loved it that they could die, not something that happens very often at a convention, but i digress.

WFRP1E: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, 1st. Ed.

So in my experience, going to conventions are a great way to find players.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 01-21-2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome to P&PG. As a DM/GM, if you have a game ready to run, you may get some more inquiries if you were to post it in the Campaign Invitations section.