Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What settings do you like the Most?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley117 View Post
    My all time favorite has to be Firefly! I just love the setting, and the tv show. I love the drama that usually comes out of it. It is just a lot of fun to play. Relationships whooo! Mostly that is what runs the game, inter player relationships and aurguing, but then coming together when everything needs it.
    The problem with a game in the Firefly universe is that your average group of players is incapable of accepting the narrative form at the table, and Firefly very strongly depends on it.

That's not to say that it can't be fun, but what you end with will not resemble Firefly very much.

For example, I'm sure most of you remember how Wash died. If that'd been a gaming group, the GM would've been strung up for that, but it was good for the narrative.

On the other hand, as the "last session of the game," the players might've been more willing to accept it. We just finished a campaign a couple weeks ago, and in the big final fight, a couple of the players were hoping to die.
    RPGAlaska.com - a gaming community for Alaskans!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh that is the moment that must not be remembered! LALALALAALA I'm not listening.

-sad realization sets in-

Wash was my all time favorite character. That was the saddest moment. Anyway, my players love the universe, so are willing to be narrative. Thank goodness :P Mostly we just like the sci-fi western feel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's funny, but the "western" part was why I hated it as a series. I managed to gain an appreciation for it for the movie, but I hate westerns so it was hard for me to reconcile.

To be fair, I'm what most of y'all would consider a visigoth anyway, I have liked very little of what Joss Whedon has done... I liked the Serenity movie, Dr. Horrible and Dollhouse, and that's pretty much it.
    RPGAlaska.com - a gaming community for Alaskans!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well honestly I can't stand Buffy...and I only liked the first few season of Angel ( then it got really stupid)

I am by no means a Whedonite...but I absolutely loved Firefly. Still do! I really like Westerns, and I thought the mixing of two so different elements was cool, as was the refences to the American Civil War. But anyway, I digress. To each their own. IF you don't like Westerns, it is pretty understandable to find that aspect irritating.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fmitchell View Post
    Yes, and it's even D20: http://www.stargatesg1rpg.com/

... whoops, looks like it may be soon out of print.
    Now the site is nothing but a few pitches for legal careers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234