Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Halo RPG ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Halo RPG ?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Has anyone tried to make or play a PnP version of Halo ? If so, how did it work out? I've been thinking about trying a small campaign using Spacemaster 2 just to see how it'd work. Though I have to admit Halo would make a better skirmish miniature game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doesn't look like it.. but I thought it could be fun. I may still try it if only for a pick up game.

Soft Serve is online now Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me and a friend of mine were going to try it. You can find some fun Emblem and Armor customizers that produce a gif image based on Halo 3's mulitplayer. As far as rules and all that we were going to use D20 (not the best decision I think.)

Anyway it never took off as P&P gamers and Shooter gamers don't seem to mix well for some reason...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only know that this one is a Halo PBP because it resides right next to mine on the PBP list 3:16 Feet First Into Hell

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
    I only know that this one is a Halo PBP because it resides right next to mine on the PBP list 3:16 Feet First Into Hell

Why didn't you just PM Marley then?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am here!

Actually that was a Halo-ish game, and we just used 3:16 Carnage among the stars.

Not really the most realistic game, but at the time Halo :ODST had just come out and I was excited about it so I latched it onto my sci-fi game and accidentally turned it into a Halo game.

Of course...then player interest died out and blah. I would like to try and resurrect it, but I wouldn't make it halo...not by a long shot. The game system doesn't fit the halo genre.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley117 View Post
    I am here!

Actually that was a Halo-ish game, and we just used 3:16 Carnage among the stars.

Not really the most realistic game, but at the time Halo :ODST had just come out and I was excited about it so I latched it onto my sci-fi game and accidentally turned it into a Halo game.

Of course...then player interest died out and blah. I would like to try and resurrect it, but I wouldn't make it halo...not by a long shot. The game system doesn't fit the halo genre.

Saved the day a little...

I have that same problem when I see a cool idea in movies and I try to implement it into a game...

Anyway Halo would be a fine idea for an RPG, but it looks like you'd be a pioneer into the subject. It's a good thing really, since now you can make everything the way you want too and it'll be perfectly original.

But here's that armor generator I found some years ago and played around with so players could imagine their character better...

http://php.badrouter.net/bnet/

Enjoy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Why didn't you just PM Marley then?
    I was encouraging exploration on the site? I don't recall now. It may of simply been it was the faster way to connect the two for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I am here heh. If you needed to ask me anything. I am thinking though that the game could be transferred...but not if you wanted to play Spartans. That is unless you didn't mind having your characters head, shoulders, waist, everything above normal humans.

On the flip side...a normal marine is no match physically for a normal Elite. So I guess Spartans are about equal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I'm working on a Pen and Paper Halo RPG. Hopefully it takes off for the enjoyment of all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What system are you using?