Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Chapter Four

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Game Thread: Chapter Four

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Dark City: The Guild War
    Chapter Four
    Blades of Vengeance

With the waken of the new day the thieves rise and take stock of their situation. Somewhere they are in the caves of the smugglers, who through stolen information from the Guild, have some plot they have yet to understand. In addition, they have found a strong ally, Barnabas, who may hold the key to getting out of their predicament.

The fire, nearly dying, is replenished with fuel and food from the kitchen stores is passed out again. The thieves feel more confident that they can handle just about anything but their escape is still unsure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Barnabas stretches, his muscles are stiff and unforgiving from the previous nights fight and near freezing to death. Still badly bruised he dons his armor and weapons after breaking his fast. "Lets not stay here much longer, they may find that cave sooner or later."

Downloads
    Uploads
    [Madoka puts on the MW studded leather from the sniper, adjusting the straps as necessary. (No armor check penalty, current AC = 16) Everyone else has proper armor or needs none. She then casts Comprehend Languages and reads the summoning journal before leaving the camp. What can I make out from the journal now that I can understand it?]

"I'll be ready to go in a minute..."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Madoka recognizes the language as Aquan. It appears to be a journal of Sephia Gheonan. It's writing is quite cryptic and incomprehensible at times. The first part starts with:

"So be known that this is but my third book on matters of dark and light; forward in time and back on the angelic wings of cloister. Through settling dreams I came upon the chalice; tis not the same that was broken in the Halls of Zephyr, but one still intact and ever flowing. It spoke the same words, only clearer and whispered the second secret, revealed to me by its devilish giggle. I knew then I was close to the answer that has gnawed at my brain for ten years; the lighted worm that pricks my every thought with doubt and suspicion. I must delve deeper than before; beyond the city under the city and into the mountain that hold that which was before man..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "This book is written in Aquan. It's the journal of Sephia Gheonan. Its writing is quite cryptic and incomprehensible at times. I'll study it more later. Let's get the h3ll outta here! I'll take point with my sneaky ring. You guys follow a little bit behind."

[Madoka sneaks across to the other side, careful to look out for an ambush or a new guard. Which ways can we go, and what do I see in each direction?]

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Emerging from the cave Madoka looks at her current position.

A bugbear corpse lies at the foot of the cave. The left leads to the area where they were held in the cells. To the right is the path that leads down to the docks. The kitchen cave is the first cave. The sleeping cavern is further down. Next is the captain's cave (Barnbas has entered only few times). And at the bottom is the landing that leads to the docks is winding passage cave. At that end of that is a swaying humanoid form that remains in its place.

Barnabas recalls:

The Kitchen Cave has no exits.

The cave beyond the kitchen is a cave used by the smugglers for living quarters and has a few exits. Barnabas has tried them before being caught.

Barnbas is unsure if the Captain's cave had an exit but it did have a chamber covered by a tapestry.

The winding cave was used by most of the inhabitants but it appears some humanoid is guarding that entrance.

The cavern water system leads out to the ocean.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Hmm, I think we gotta check the Captain's cave for loot and information. That tapestry-covered chamber sounds interesting. And we'll probably have to kill that zombie since it's guarding the path that is used the most. I assume that leads to an exit. Unless we wanna go for a long cold swim... We might actually get out through the ocean, too."

[Waits for consensus, but takes a few steps towards the Captain's cave.]

Edit to add: "Let's drag this bugbear corpse into the secret cave so we don't announce our presence here."

[Goes to grab the bugbear, but waits for help.]
    Last edited by Borodeva; 12-31-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With no protest, the thieves drag the body of the bugbear into the cave. Madoka leads the way down the passage. She gets a better view of the form at the end of the path. It appears to be human shaped and she is a about 80' away. The Captains cave is just but a few feet from her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bet that's anudder undead

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Pssst, you guys wanna kill that zombie first, then go check out the Captain's cave? Or should we use stealth to sneak into the cave and back out, possibly bypassing the zombie? I'm down for stealth since I'm not much good against undead."

[Madoka prepares to creep into the Captain's cave using stealth and search it carefully (roll at least 5 times). (Hide and Move Silently +12 plus the ring) She will also start checking for traps. (Search +11) If no objections are voiced, she will proceed.]

Downloads
    Uploads
    *tries to be as sneaky as possible*

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Madoka moves into the caves entrance and stops to examine the cave entrance.

Barnabas follows but waits impatiently as Madoka examines the cave entrance. He see beyond her the Captains cave. In the captain's hasty departure it appears the lantern hanging in the center still burns. A rotten wooden desk lies on a bearskin rug, a few papers are on it. Next are four Small baskets have been tipped over as if contents were spilled out. A rickey bead with mounds of furs and stained pillows is in the corner. Above it is a cistern for essence above it, still with the sweet smell of jasmine. A large sea trunk is by the bed as well. On the far wall is a tapestry which covers another cave entrance. No light emits from behind it.

Madoka detects no trap at the cave entrance. She begins to decide where she would like to look at first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I give the all-clear hand signal to Barnabus and I signal to Gisele and Blake to watch the entrance and the passageway so we are not surprised from the rear. Then I sneak inside, checking for traps ahead of me as I go. I pick up the lantern and check the tapestry area for traps, then peek behind it. What do I see?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Barnabas closes the distance and sets up watch by the door of the captains quarters.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The tapestry area seems to have no hidden trap. Upon flashing the lantern, Madoka notices glint of reflection coming from the corners of the tapestry. She opens it and before her in an inlet is a full suit of plate armor on a stand. Sinister barbed spikes cover the armor and the helm that accompanies it is meshed with a devilish faceplate.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast