Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
chapter 2 the journey pbp game - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chapter 2 the journey pbp game

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Neben laddles out some food to Izra and continues his conversation.

"The tower is the source of some of the strange creatures that live in the woods... The tower has been there since the previous age. One of the witchkings, probably Maria who apparently had contact with some of what are called the offworlders and decided to allow them to trade with her. Why they chose the woods is truly beyond my comprehends.
    The tales I have been told is of flying ships shaped like dragonflies, fish and other fanciful shapes that would travel by air to the woods and dock to the tower that she had built. She would have various goods delivered to her. Apparently she didn’t talk to the others of her order about what she was given. One day one of the strange vessels was docked there and exploded. The tower withstood the explosion but there were many deaths, including a tall blue skinned being according to the stories.
    This apparently angered the strangers for the ships stopped coming and the tower was locked up. Soon there were reports of strange beasts in the woods, not natural and not from here. There is talk of giant rodents and other strange things in the woods. I have seen some of these creatures. The tower itself was said to have unloaded a final cargo which was never picked up.
    The woods are a dangerous place to be my friends; I have entered into it occasionally looking for berries and such. I have seen some strange creatures; the rodents are large and have a stripe about their faces. There is also a blob like thing that is carnivorous that haunts the woods. That is before the tower itself.
    The tower is about four stories in height and the walls are smooth, difficult to climb. At the top is a platform with a door to the interior."
    The raven flies off and makes its annoying sound. Neben looks up and says "We have another guest"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Antal Redhorn approached the group, from the forest, his hand on his head, he mumbled and grumbled as he walked up to the group. his red leather armor stank of old wine and mead.

"my greatest apologize fellows, I was held up by a most important affair, which has now been settled, and I thank you all for waiting" Antal said, before a moments pause, "oh my greatest apologize, Call me Antal, professional eccentric, at your service"

Antel moved his hand into his left belt pouch, and took a mild bow when he said 'professional', his eyes never looking away from the group.

OOC: nice to meet you, I believe I entered the right area at the right time, if not dele this,(or ask me to)

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Oh, great, he's daft." Galmez sighed, looking up from his stew. Coughing blood onto his fist, he looked to Brendan, "A friend of yours, I suppose?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    "You know Galmez, if it's customary for your people to insult someone with your first words when you meet, then it's no wonder you're always warring with each other."
    Brendon turns his attention back to the newcomer, who he eyes up and down.
    "It's nice to make your aquaintance Antal, though I would like to know what and why you're here?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    "No man no matter how small, wants to die poor" Antel said walking up to Bredon(and his horse, if hes on it) holding out his hand(hes a halfling, so it doesn't go up that far...) "so my friend, whats your name? I don't really mind why your here, but if you want some hands, am always willing to give one, as long as I get a fair share" Antel Said with a smile

"So lets crack this baby open, and see what squirms out.

* See if heard about people coming out here[in a long time](knowledge Local) *
    Last edited by LordChicken; 12-15-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: added brackets []

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    12-15-2009 08:19 PM
    See if heard about people coming out here(knowledge Local): 1d20 (3) + 5 (5) = 8

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gorron gives Brendan a glaring stare..."you're quick to judge Orcs...your people are no better, they just war with one another on an economic and totalitarian scale as well.".....Gorron continues scarfing his food...(his hair runs off to the side and a tattoo of dwarven runes is revealed on his neck...although despite the tattoo and his rugged orcish nature, he surely looks human)
    Last edited by ZestyT; 12-16-2009 at 01:52 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brendon accepts the halflings hand from where he's sitting next to the fire, "I'm sure you can understand why we're suspicious of strangers out in these woods they have quite the reputation. But far be it for me to deny one the chance to prove themselves."
    Brendon then glares back at Gorron, clearly struggling to keep his normally calm composure, "Speaking of which, the moment that orc savages took my family from me and made me an orphan, they proved themselves all they needed to to me; every one of them that falls under my hammer is one less blight that has to be purged from this land as far as I am concerned."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "nuff bickering fellows, we got a lot to be done, if you wanna duke it out now ya can, but at least let me see if the door is locked, well we know its locked, I mean who wouldn't? Well as far as I see we got 3 plans of action:

1) look for a back door, if there is one, go threw
    2) go threw the front
    3) try and climb up the sides
    and the ever popular, hold a death match out here between you two good fellows and take bets, am up for any of these"

Antel let go of his hand as he walked towards the tower, looking for traps
    * Perception VS Traps *

* Perception VS Anything Else *
    Last edited by LordChicken; 12-16-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: rewording

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    12-16-2009 06:16 PM
    Perception VS Traps: 1d20 (19) + 7 (7) = 26
    Perception VS Anything Else: 1d20 (13) + 6 (6) = 19

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Morgan looks at the halfling and says "May your site always be clear but we havent even gotten to the tower yet. Its still at least a day away. We are chatting with our host"

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Well, it seems best we tackle this after a nights rest. Neben, would you mind if we camped here? We'll be setting out in the early morn for the tower."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Neben smiles and says that "you may spend the night here if you wish. Just do not wander off by yourself in the dark. There are things that go bump in the night that you should not tend to by yourselves."

He gives off a mysterious chuckle and returns to his hut and Obi his raven perches himself just outside the hut.

You all hear strange noises in the night but it passes by uneventfully. It is again another cold morning when you depart.

((we move on to chapter 3)) unless there are some things that you want more information about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Well I guess your right, no use rushin' when it may get ya killed" Antel Said, and set up camp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12