Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chapter 2 the journey pbp game

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

chapter 2 the journey pbp game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The first day journey out is uneventful except for the cold that shows that a cold winter is approaching. The terrain is tough and difficult and saps your energy. The night is cold and clear. There are few sounds like owls and wolves in the distance.

As you move further into the valley on the second day, there are signs of things moving about. You notice orc footprints, Morgan had mentioned on the first day about the Night Scar tribe under the leadership of Melgnazh and there were also others who inhabited the valley. Your target lies beyond this valley.

The second day passes by uneventfully. the only excitement was the fish that were caught and eaten.

The next day, you catch the smell of wood burning in the distance. You find that it leads to a non descript hovel. There are animal hides hanging from poles outside the hovel. There is a raven who is perched looking at you.................

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brendon looks around warily, searching for signs of Night Scar orcs. He dismounts from his warhorse, Cyan, and unslings his ranseur cautiously from his saddle, slowly approaching the hut.
    * Brendon scans the area for signs of trouble *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    12-06-2009 02:20 AM
    Brendon scans the area for signs of trouble: 1d20 (6) + 2 (2) = 8

Downloads
    Uploads
    Galmez stood his ground, keeping an eye on the raven. Might be a wizard's familiar, Galmez thought to himself, let's see what trap this fool walks into. He managed to suppress a cough, but it left him sore in the chest and wheezing slightly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gorron scans the area and tries to think if he ever heard of stories of this "Night Scar Tribe" from his adopted Orc tribe. He grasps his greataxe in hand, knowing full well that orcs tend to not bother with asking questions first...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the raven eyes brendan as if he were a possible morsel. he caws and the sounds echo about the area. A slight breeze comes up moving some of the animal hides. A voice rings out in a slightly high pitch

WHO BE YE THAT COMES INTO MY HOME.

Morgan quickly dismounts

* and looks around *

and spots a figure moving from near the edge of the clearing. It is a gnome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	witches clearing 001.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	space tower 1 001.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	608  
    Last edited by outrider; 12-18-2009 at 01:41 PM.

12-07-2009 02:08 PM
    and looks around: 1d20 (20) + 2 (2) = 22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Izra slipped off from the main group the moment trouble was obviously brewing. taking out his Rapier and becoming hidden. searching for clues of danger among the trees and other such things. he had to be quiet through the snow and hope that his newly bought cold weather clothing which was mostly bleached leather and inward facing fur would keep him from being noticed. at least long enough for him to find the most important opposition from any ambush and try and remove the threat before it becomes a problem for the group. magi and clerics being his primary targets. the need to find a target, and be sure to notice pouches of componants or even a holy symbol on their person would not be easy. That is If he could find anything amiss in the first place.

* Sneaking through the outskirts of the forest line for concealment. *

* gandering around the forest line and the village for an ambush *

12-07-2009 03:17 PM
    Sneaking through the outskirts of the forest line for concealment. : 1d20 (3) + 7 (7) = 10
    gandering around the forest line and the village for an ambush : 1d20 (5) + 3 (3) = 8

Downloads
    Uploads
    Galmez was calm, he was always calm in the face of danger. That was not the voice of a warrior he just heard and that meant that his skill at arms might not be the best course of action. "Lower your weapons, fools. Is battle always the first thing you think of? I would prefer to not have to waste my power reviving your fallen asses." With a sigh, and a cough, Galmez scanned the area looking for the source of the voice and anything else that he might be able to see.

* Perception *

12-07-2009 07:19 PM
    Perception: 1d20 (10) + 5 (5) = 15

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brendon ignores the Oracle of Battle's ironic outburst and responds to the hail from the gnome, "We are a group of travelers passing through, and we saw the smoke from your hut and thought you might be able to tell us what trials may lie in wait for us here and perhaps share a bit of your warmth and food for some coin. My name is Brendon Arnsson."
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    * Brendon parlays (Diplomacy) *

--- Merged from Double Post ---
    * Brendon parlays (Diplomacy) *
    Last edited by Spike; 12-08-2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

12-08-2009 01:19 AM
    Brendon parlays (Diplomacy): d20 () + 5 (5) = 5
    12-08-2009 01:20 AM
    Brendon parlays (Diplomacy): 1d20 (5) + 5 (5) = 10
    Brendon parlays (Diplomacy): 1d20 (17) + 5 (5) = 22

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (( there is a map at the first posting. the gnome come from near the compass.))

The leaves part and the gnome walks out. He is about 3'5" and walks with a stick. he is wearing a leather vest, with some beads about his neck and has a dagger at his waist. He raises a hand. The crow flies to it.

He speaks" Welcome to my humble abode, my name is Neben and this bird is my faithful companion Obi." The crow bows to the group.

Neben speaks again. "Please, Im an old gnome and not very dangerous. I find that it gets rather lonely out here with only the night scars for companions and i dont find them friendly at all"

He begins to move towards the fire pit at a slow walk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Well, if you're familiar with the Night Scars, then you know why we're so cautious Master Neben. We would gladly share your fire and your company for the evening."
    Brendon holsters his ranseur on his mount, then walks over toward the elderly gnome and takes a place by the fire with him.
    "My companions and I are headed deep into the Mortain forest. We have heard tales of these haunted woods, do you have any insight into these tales?" His words are well-practiced, but there is still a tell-tale trace of his exposure to dwarven culture in the almost sing-song tempo of his speech.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the gnome walks over to the fire pit and puts a empty pot on the glowing embers. he stokes it back up to a fire and pulls out a spoon and begins to stir the pot. very quickly a delicious smell comes up and he adds some herbs and other things to the pot.

Please, come join me, I always make too much food for me to eat. I like to think that I am good cook though" He laughs at himself. "You skulking bout in the woods come join me. I don't bite."

"The mortain woods eh. They have beasties that live in there, mostly natural some not. There be a tower deep in the woods. It is made of stone and has a road that leads out of it for away. There is a clearing about the tower. Please join me in eating this meal"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gorron sits down and scarfs up his food like a hyena on a gazelle carcass. "Have you been in the woods yourself, Gnome? If you can show us the way to the tower then i can promise ya i wont let any 'beastie' *gorron starts bursting into laughter...hurt ya"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Galmez sat down next to Gorron and accepted some of the stew from Nebin. Bringing a spoonful to his nose, it smelled quite good, so he ate it. Then he ate some more, and before he knew it he had finished his bowl. "That was quite good, Nebin. You are an excellant chef. My lungs and chest even feel relieved, for now. You have my thanks." He suppressed a very minor cough and visibly relaxed. "Brendan, come join us, if you dont mind the company of a half-blood."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brendon looks up from the bowl he had been carefully trying to eat from without dipping his beard in the stew, though from the bits of vegetable in his beard it does not appear he's been very successful.
    "What was that Galmez? I hardly think our host is a half-gnome, and even if he was why would I have a problem with him? Huh, must be an orc thing . . . "

Downloads
    Uploads
    Izra appeared from the forest and walked with a confident stride up to the party. he didn't take a seat but he happily took the bowl from the gnome "Thank you very much." he said in a passive voice. his eyes watched the horizon while all others seemed to be turned inward. stirring his stew but not truly letting it's contents touch his lips. how horrifying is that was the case.. the whole expedition could be crushed with a few kindly given bowls of gruel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast