Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: New Forum User

Downloads
    Uploads

New Forum User

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hey everyone,

I thought I should introduce myself since I am brand new here. I've been role-playing for just about 13 years now. I started out with a little D&D and then moved to White-Wolf games for a long time. I've played pretty much all the games out there today. Currently, I'm playing in a D&D, Ptolus, and Champions campaigns, and soon to start Mutants and Masterminds. I'm GM in a Star Wars d20 campaign as well.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you think of Ptolus? I've been curious about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Monte Cook created this beautiful world full of unlimited detail. The CD's that come with the source book are complete with layouts for every building you need in the adventures, menus for the inns, labels for drink containers if you so choose to use them, citizen papers, firearm licenses, and much more.

I find it all to be wonderful, and then you get to the character sheets.....I have never been so disappointed in my life and mind you I have seen not only the Star Wars prequels but also the Eragon movie. The sheets look like something someone threw together in a couple minutes. They are the color of pencil lead making it nearly impossible to see your pencil markings amongst the overdone graphics. There is no list of skills so you must look through the book and write down the ones you want and how to calculate them.

I also feel that the amount of information included in the player's handbook is nowhere near enough to actually play the game and the price/availability of the main book makes it impossible to play without someone having the book.

Overall if you have the opportunity to play in a Ptolus campaign, do it!!