Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Looking for a 4th Ed. GURPS game, online or face to face

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for a 4th Ed. GURPS game, online or face to face

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm in the D.C. suburban area, and I'm looking for a GURPS game. I fell in love with the GURPS rules system, and I own a fair number of the supplement rulebooks in addition to the Basic Set, but I lack gaming experience.

I'm up for any genre of GURPS game, by Skype or by IM. Right now my familiarity with the rules is pretty low, so I'm seeking a newbie-friendly group to cut my teeth.

Hope to find a group soon!

Downloads
    Uploads
    They will probably advise you to look for games in the invitation section.
    If you decide upon an online format....let me know.

Peace & Light
    "I drank what?" Socrates

Downloads
    Uploads
    The particular online format is not important for me. I'll try anything.

I'll go to the Invitations page. It seems rather sparse for GURPS though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HuManBing View Post
    The particular online format is not important for me. I'll try anything.

I'll go to the Invitations page. It seems rather sparse for GURPS though.
    True Dat....
    Joined under 3 weeks ago....still can't find a GURPS game.
    Go figure
    (I will look for you under Invites but will continue to post here as well....ya never know.)
    I have 5 or so prepared and just no takers:

1) Space-Oriented....choice to play alien captive or terran mundane captive in an all or nothing high-end cinematic game.

2) Conspiracy....Centering on things such as; El Mirador, Sunken Cities mentioned in the Vedic and tying it in with alien content....all players to begin non-military...possible alien heritage in PC's....possibly played as 3 "one-shot" adventures.

3) Bubblegum Crossfire....total high cinematic cyberpunk....includes elements of Unreal Tournament, Killzone, Battlefield2142 originally based on the SJG Autoduel world

4) Fantasy...essentially just D&D4E modules converted to GURPS4E....don't get too attached to npc's in these particular types of games (or pc's either for that matter).....least prepared of the 5

5) Space-Oriented...Based in setting established by GURPS Space Atlas I with races established in GURPS Aliens...closest thing to Star Wars that I have that isn't directly D20...mostly revolves around the Dune-like homeworld of the Kronin or the Saurid homeworld....player created races allowed

Mapping is abstract....so no software for mapping needed.
    Perhaps some audio interaction...teamspeak or ventrilo I guess...nothing in stone yet....a microphone is a must.
    Possibly an e-mail account that allows greater than 5 megs in a msg....(gaming music, gaming pics and images, etc....nothing in stone yet)
    What do you have prepared?

Peace & Light
    "I drank what?" Socrates

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, are these rough-outline campaign settings?

Count me in. If you're willing to host online sessions, I really do not mind what style of game it is, as long as I get some exposure to GURPS rules in action. I'm a veteran player of DnD and other RPGs, so if you need roleplaying (rather than "roll"-playing), I can definitely fit in. But like I mentioned, my main note-taking will be about how the mechanics work.

I'm also open to a 1-on-1 game if you are. Basically if it's got GURPS rules, I'll play it, at this stage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow this section of the site is SCARCE! No GURPS love?

Anything ever happen for an online GURPS game?

Downloads
    Uploads

Wink GURPS Love

Quote Originally Posted by GozerTC View Post
    Wow this section of the site is SCARCE! No GURPS love?

Anything ever happen for an online GURPS game?

I think I sawon the SJ forums of update or stake holder report that online gurps was a no go for now..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Booo.... GURPS is a great system that just doesn't see the love it deserves.

Downloads
    Uploads

[GURPS 4E Space Horror] using MapTools and Skype

Greetings,

I'm making this post for the GM. Below is the basic description that came from the RPtools.net forums. We currently only have 2 players and have driven on with the game but we are looking for more. We have played 2 sessions which entailed breaking out of a tank full of water and start the fight for our lives. It's been alot of fun so far.

We use MapTools which can be found here http://rptools.net/ and Skype http://www.skype.com/ for communication.

Game Days: Saturday
    Game Time: 6pm EST

If you're interested please PM me and I'll get you in contact with the GM.

Thanks for your time

C

Brief Game Blurb
    Originally run as a homebrew local group campaign that has just been retconned for online play.
    10 years ago, it began as a Farscape style game with Homeworld 2 overtones that later grew to encompass aspects of: Unreal 2 - The Awakening, GURPS 1e Space Atlas, GURPS 1e Aliens, GURPS Humanx, GURPS Star Wars, GURPS Star Trek, TSR Star Frontiers, FASA Battletech.
    Recent changes for online play update the infuences to include aspects of: F.E.A.R., Crysis but in the final analysis I would decribe it as a "Farscape" orientation in the "Homeworld" galaxy.
    Local game began with 4 pc's and 12 npc's....finally ended with 4 pc's, 4 "alternate future" pc's(became a reoccuring theme), 4 "mirror universe" pc's (only used in a "one-shot") and 26 surviving npc's (at least 14 others were introduced but died horribly in true "red shirt" fashion!)
    At start, all players and most npc's were involed in all game aspects...then as time passed and the crew grew, adventures only utilized small portions of the crew for gaming episodes very similar to an SF series where not every episode was devoted to every character involved yet revolved around the players.
    Scripted with 30 full epic-sized adventures (it ran for 10 years as a local game), it has been lowered to 4 sections of 3 mini-adventures in each for ease of online completion.

Downloads
    Uploads

GURPS Lonely Service Droids (Engine Heart conversion)

Your master told you she'd just be away until the city's air filtration system was fixed. She bought enough new programs for you before she left that you'd have something productive to do for the next six months or so. They were good months. The programs let you see the whole city, meet other robots that you'd never have met otherwise. Your master was such a nice person.

She never came back. The programs terminated, leaving you to maintain the house and garden, and spend the rest of your days playing her sizable collection of dreamgames. It's not an unusual existence for a robot of your standing, and you're comfortable enough, but you can't help but feel that this isn't what she meant for you.

They never came back. The city is empty. Yet the air filtration system was fixed quite a while ago. Where have they gone? Who will command you now?

GURPS Lonely Service Droids is a roleplaying campaign run using the rules from the GURPS Basic Set and GURPS Ultra-Tech, published by Steve Jackson Games. A simple interpretation of GURPS will be used. It is not necessary for you to own the books; the freely available, 32-page GURPS Lite provides enough information to get started, and the game master will supply any additional rules as they are needed. Previous roleplaying experience is not required. Combat will be rare, quick, and deadly, as befits a high-tech setting, so the real challenge comes from being prepared.

The character creation process is adapted from Engine Heart. All the character traits in that game are available in this one. In addition, a number of robot classes and shapes are provided.

The game will be run in Gametable, a Java-based chat client that provides dice and a map.

How to apply for this game:
    Download the player character template. Open it in GCS. Use it to build a droid worth 200 points or less. The disadvantage limit is -130, and the GM will be fairly liberal about it. The difficulties involved in being a robot are an important part of the theme of this campaign. This library of Engine Heart traits is recommended. In the notes, write a backstory for your character. Details to consider:
    • What use were you built for?
    • What were you actually used for?
    • What was your master like?
    • What was your house like?
    • What other robots did you work with?
    • What are your opinions of them?
    • What have you done with yourself since the humans left?

Email it to the GM. If he thinks you're a good fit for this campaign, he'll help you optimize your character, and then invite you to the first game session. You might have to change your droid's function if someone else has already taken a similar droid. The GM will help you with that, too. Feel free to send mail before you begin character creation if you want to find out what sorts of characters have already been made. If you want to get in at the start of the game, please send your character in before Monday July 25.
    Last edited by LogicalDash; 07-22-2010 at 11:01 AM.