Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Number One all-time best Magical Weapon
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number One all-time best Magical Weapon

Downloads
    Uploads

Number One all-time best Magical Weapon

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    No, this is not a japanese romantic comedy!
    Whatever the fantasy gaming system....whatever the case.
    The best magical weapon that any of your characters ever got a hold of....what was it?
    I had just mentioned elsewhere that when doing AD&D module S2....that my DM let my character keep Blackrazor....but what about you?
    Was it the Sword of Vecna?
    How about Fedifensor?
    Mjolnir?
    What was the most powerful magical ancient weapon your character had chance to wield....and how badly was he screwed up as a result of it?

Peace & Light (...& Dented Anvils)
    "I drank what?" Socrates

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was never much into modules, so I'm not familiar with the magic items you're speaking of. What is "Blackrazor?"
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stormbringer from deities and demigods. Blackrazor was a sword from a pretty good module which I cant remember the name of. It also had a trident named whelm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blackrazor was one of three weapons stolen by the wizard Keraptis and stashed in his lab/dungeon under White Plume Mountain. It was a knock-off of Stormbringer.
    "well, g'night! dont let the flesh eating demon bed babies bite!!"
    facebook.com/houstonderek

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by agoraderek View Post
    Blackrazor was one of three weapons stolen by the wizard Keraptis and stashed in his lab/dungeon under White Plume Mountain. It was a knock-off of Stormbringer.
    What he said

Blackrazor was the sword...a life stealer....don't hit any undead!
    Wave was a trident that would drain 50% of target hp's via dehydration on any critical...but you had to swear loyalty to the sea mother...we figured that woulda meant Blibdoolpoolp, the kuo-toa goddess
    Whelm was the dwarven thrower that always returned to the thrower and always did double damage if used by a dwarf..but if you weren't a dwarf, it started to make you think that you were, start growing hair in wierd places too
    Last edited by Eryiedes; 11-17-2009 at 09:52 PM.
    "I drank what?" Socrates

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Greyhawk module Castle Ruins has some cool weapons in it. But the best, and most original of them, is an intelligent Staff of the Magi. Very cool.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    +3 Vampiric Ring of Regeneration
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stormbringer life stealer ranks up there but my adventuring partner had it

but for me it was a plain old Vorpal Long sword +2, not the coolest thing, but that sword with that character charmed the die, I took off so many heads with it

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon View Post
    +3 Vampiric Ring of Regeneration
    I guess thats not really a weapon. Okay, here's a weapon that brings back fond memories and plenty of attacks by the Githyanki... their coveted Silver Sword.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon View Post
    I guess thats not really a weapon. Okay, here's a weapon that brings back fond memories and plenty of attacks by the Githyanki... their coveted Silver Sword.
    Was in a Dragon magazine adventure into the githyanki realm on an astral sailor that our party encountered Fedifensor.....Unique Artifact Holy Sword....psionics was always an achilles heel for our party....gith always freaked the group out.
    Silver Sword was VERY cool....LOVED cutting silver cords.

Peace & Light (...& Mind Blasts)
    "I drank what?" Socrates

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by outrider View Post
    Stormbringer from deities and demigods. Blackrazor was a sword from a pretty good module which I cant remember the name of. It also had a trident named whelm.
    WOTC reformatted white plume mountain for 3rd edition, and it upgraded blackrazor.

I was always partial to a holy avenger
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite weapon was one I received in a game. It was an intelligent sword that I think had some great high bonus to damage or what not, but I always had to force it and fight the sword to make it swing into anything with blood and icky stuff. The sword's spirit was hemophobic (fear of blood), hoplophobic (afraid of weapons), and manaphobic (fear of magic). I was the only one that used it and thought it a great weapon. since it could speak to others I taught it to sing and orate in high pitch squeals so as to annoy the enemy more than fight it.

The only other power it had was the ability to perform minor tricks of magic, though the sword called it minor miraculous pranks.

Needless to say the sword was horrible for combat but great fro RP stuff as I used the sword as a wand of cantrips/prestidigitation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Marbles

the best magical weapon was 13 steel marbles that damaged people if they got with in 5 ft of me each marble did 1d6 points of damage so 13d6 points of damage per round basically but also sucked because it was'nt a cursed item but my character could not find the command word to stop the marble's. but it was cool.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How about the hand-star from Krull? That thing was pretty mean from what I recall.