Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Dead of the Night: Game Thread - Chapter Two

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Amber follows Alden over to the farmers. "Excuse me. I was wondering if you could tell me why didn't the fields over there get tilled?"
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I need to get some fresh air. Perhaps Amber and Alden have found some insightful clues." Being anxious to leave the house, I exit quickly. Looking around, I see Amber and Alden with the gathered farmers. I take a moment to smell air that is not saturated with death and rot.

I search through the numerous footprints just outside the door and notice a few strangely shaped ones that seem to go westward. I study the tracks, checking the size, spacing and shape in hopes for some idea what it belongs to.

* Survival tracking check. *
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 05-31-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    05-31-2010 11:44 AM
    Survival tracking check.: 1d20 (10)+ 6 (6) = 16
    Luke: "But they're going to kill her!"
    Han: "Better her than me!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The farmers look at Amber and Alden as though they're trying to decide just how much they want to say. But one of them finally speaks up and says, "That's old man Levrin's farm over there. He died 'bout two weeks ago and they ain't no one ta tend ta his fields...not that they's anythin' worth tendin' to anyhow. He died all alone, bitter an' mean an' none a us care ta have anthin' ta do with them fields."

Vlin meanwhile, takes note of the tracks heading off to the west and sees that they resemble the unusual ones found inside the house. Now however, due to the soft earth on which they're made, he is able to tell a few more things about them. First of all, whatever creature made these tracks appears to have weighed a great deal less than one might expect for a humanoid with its stride. And secondly, the bottom of the creature's feet appear to have been covered in some kind of strangely striated material...perhaps twigs, grass or straw. It also appears to have come from the west and then retreated there as well.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After looking around the room for as long as I can stomach I squeeze my way back out. Once in the next room I notice that I'm the only one there and calmly make my way outside, hoping that the farmers won't be suspicious of one of my own kind being the last one inside. Once outside I walk over to Vlin and whisper, "Nothing much to report from the other room, except that whatever made those strange tracks in the rest of the house doesn't seem to have ever made it into that room. I fear there are forces at work here well beyond my knowledge."

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728