Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Stargate/Fantasy Crossover?

Downloads
    Uploads

Stargate/Fantasy Crossover?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Just a silly idea I had, but what would you folks think about a crossover game where you have a full stargate team meeting up with the typical swords and sorcery kind of adventurers?

The IC justification for the supernatural abilities are the same lines as near ascended folks. They all are just a formalized system of accessing the advanced abilities, and in some cases refined them a touch.

That's just a rough idea. I do have the SG books by AEG (before they lost the license), and I do have Pathfinder so that's one of my silly side projects, trying to combine the two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds interesting enough.

I have heard stories of GMs of Star Wars games having the heroes crash on some out of the way planet that was all swords and magic (The Force).

Sounds fun!
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a 3E campaign in which, both NPCs, a Sith and a Jedi were Force ripped into my homebrew world when the Thought Bomb went off that wiped out the Sith. Sith Droids and Troopers were ripped into the world as well, blasters, grenades, and for the Sith and Jedi lightsabers and all. The magic weave simply felt like a more primal Force to them, with a lot of steeping in the Darkside as far as the Jedi was concerned due to things like Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Finger of Death and such.

It worked really well. My gamers still remember that segment of that campaign the most fondly. Lightsabers were treated as Brilliant Energy weapons that could affect inanimate objects, negating AC bonuses except magical plusses, Force armors like Mage Armor, and those armoras made of admantine or mithril. it didn't really take much work to mesh everything.