Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: October 27th @ 6pm - Live Chat w/ D-3 Games

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

October 27th @ 6pm - Live Chat w/ D-3 Games

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Come join us next Tuesday, October 27th at 6PM PST / 9PM EST for Pen & Paper Games' Live Chat Event - Part Duex. (Instructions for accessing the chat room can be found below.) This time we'll be meeting with the folks at D-3 Games and learning about their latest offerings and perhaps getting a sneak peak at some of their upcoming products. We've got quite an impressive list of D-3 folks who will be joining us, including:
    • Jason Yarnell - President of D-3 Games & Author of The Kingdom of Tursh
    • William Cain - Co-author on the Inceptum Terminus
    • Elliott Davis- Author of the upcoming setting Neptune City Narratives.
    • Richard Littles - Author of the upcoming Inceptum Terminus
    • David E. McGuire Author of Chapter 4 of Kamarathin: Kingdom of Tursh, Dark Waters and the upcoming Halliruch setting.

Accessing the Chat Room
    If you've never visited our online chat-room before, accessing the chat room is easy. If you already have a P&PG account, all you need to do is sign in as normal and then click on the "Chat" button at the top right hand side of the page. If you don't have an account yet, you will need to set one up before you will be able to login. Once you're logged in, the chat functions are fairly intuitive. If you want to get a feel for it, the chat room is always open, so you can check it out at any time in advance of the event: http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...p?do=flashchat

About D-3 Games
    D3 Games was founded in 2007 as a chance for Jason to publish his game world of Kamarathin. Spearheading this endeavor was his wife Anne who handles all things business.
    • The goal of D3 Games is to create rich and detailed worlds for those who do not have the time or desire to create their own.
    • The primary focus for D3 worlds is plausibility while maintaining the sense of the fantastic.

About William Cain
    William Cain loves comic books, war gaming, and role playing games. In 1996, he met Richard and worked on the world of Inceptum Terminus. He helped plot the storyline of the main characters and designed supporting characters for the comic book series. William brings his knowledge of the plotlines and the characters for use in the upcoming book based in the world he helped create.

About Elliott Davis
    Elliott Davis got into gaming in high school, mostly role-playing, and for the last 30 years has been game-mastering various campaigns. He's married, got 2 dogs, and drives a school bus full of future gamers to school each day. In college, and in the Air Force he's made many gaming acquaintances over the years. Also at gaming conventions in Virginia and Alabama he's run many events. In particular Elliott and 2 of his longtime buddies (John and Chuck) had been brewing up the Neptune City time-line, from the Pulp Era to the 24th century. Everything from spies and spandex, as well as gals and gorillas have graced the streets of Neptune City, and really all of America, and we want to share it with you for your elevation.

For years a fan of the Hero System, he found after 1997 that web discussion groups enabled game-masters to share ideas across the country, and when a dedicated group began answering the question "What if each state of the USA had a dedicated super-hero?" the idea for the USA-5O grew up online, but will come to you personally with our books. Most comic books, and indeed some heroic RPG books seem to assume all heroes are stationed in New York, or the capital, or in some big satellite, but we want to show that much more truth resides out side those limits. So the first item in the Neptune City Narratives will explore the Heroes of the USA-5O.

About Richard Littles
    Richard L. Littles has been an avid reader of all types of fiction and American history since he was a young boy. He started his journey into role playing games at the age of 14 with Advanced Dungeons and Dragons first edition and has been hooked on them ever since. He has written and headed numerous fan projects for games that were eventually published into the public domain. His latest fan works are Tyranus Conclave: Adeptus Astartes and Dark Reign presents: Sisters of Silence. The supplements were written for Dark Heresy role playing games. Following the success of those two books, Richard revisited his old comic book world of his creation and just started to write.

About David E. McGuire
    David E. McGuire is a strange combination of writer, artist, and mechanic -- the very same traits that tend to lend themselves to game design have made him ill suited to do much else. Having first been exposed to role playing games at the tender age of nine with Battletech, what started as a hobby quickly expanded into a burning passion. His father often questioned where his priorities lay, since the only things David would talk about with any sort of interest were games and computers -- ironically, these are still the same things he'll talk about today, the difference being that he has a slightly larger audience.

With a chronic case of ADD, David actively absorbs multiple influences; his work adopts elements of anime, the Saturday morning cartoons of his youth, and his second greatest passion, videogames. When asked why the array, he answered, "At heart, I'm a kid. A really big kid who can buy all his own toys. Since I'm a kid, I kind of assume that every other gamer, somewhere, is a big kid. We want things to look cool, and that's a large part of my design. I take the things that I think are cool and figure out how to make them work, or their spirit work, in what I'm doing." David lives in Reston, Virginia, with his three cats and his roommate.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    These names look awfully familiar......

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I've ever heard of those people...
    D3 Games: Home to world of Kamarathin

Kamarathin: Kingdom of Tursh now available in PDF and Print!

Join D3 Games on Facebook

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Woo Hoo! Just found out that I am off next Tuesday, so I should be able to be here for this Chat Event. Hopefully nothing drastic happens that will prevent me from being here.