Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: DASH=Dallas Area Super Heros

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    About to leave for Half-Price myself. Be prepared for your charaters to go to an "active crime scene." I thought this would be the best way to introduce all the characters to an offer to join the FBI. Just try not to go beating up the cops, even if your Hero is paranoid. There will be a DB (dead body) and a few other things to look over, so those characters that have police backgrounds should observe proper CSI edicate, et is, latex gloves and plastic baggies for evidence.
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Very Important!!

Spotlight,

Please make sure you read your personal mail from me before coming to Half Price Books today.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mathwei, thanks for running a quick M&M game this weekend, I had a blast. And Freedom Parrot II Kicked major booty...HA!

Thanks everybody for coming who did.

We will be playing M&M for the next couple of sessions possibly while I put together a Champions campaign.

Remember if you want to make your own char for Mathwei's M&M game outside of the one you used, email him to let him know what your interested in.

For the Champions game, I can give you the following information.

1. It will take place in an Alternate Reality Texas in a city called "Diamond City".
    2. Superheros are known, but not very common, especially in Texas. In Diamond City, there ones around, but they are "Corporate". hee hee
    3. This will be a game where bad guys try do kill you at times, especially normals. Gangsters have guns, so to petty thieves often.
    4. It will have a mixture of dark and full color aspects. While it is hero/comic related, it too is reality based (Well, alternate reality).
    5. Walking into public offices and some public places as a hero, or having hero powers without being noticed might be difficult at detecters are set to notice you "mutant" abilities.

If your going to make a char for this game now, you are welcome to use whatever your little warped brain thinks up. It is a 250 point max game, you must explain all powers in your back ground and their origin. All char must have a background explaining origins and histories.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Friday

Hi all,

I am up for meeting on Friday if ya'll are. Can't meet on Saturday this week, its my anniversary.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up: its a go for Friday

Friday at 7pm at half price then. The Freedom Parrot II will soar again!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy anniversary Fly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Xero!! Sorry we missed you yesterday.

So last night was a blast, thanks for running Mutants and Masterminds mathwei. Rylie had the best line of the night "Serpentine...Serpentine!!!" LOL.

There is talk of changing the night to Fridays and starting at 7pm. Also I should be ready by next session to begin Champions: Diamond City. I gave a good preview last night for those who missed it, I'll try and type up my notes for next time.

Also, I am looking to change the venue to Xmax games possibly by the first of the year, I will call them here in a month or so and check on scheduling for Fridays.

Rylie will be emailing out the schedules as the holidays are coming up. Any problems let her know.

Thanks to Rylie, Adaquacity, and Mathwei for a great game last night.

Fly by Knight

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Diamond City set up which you have planned. One little point, though, would it be more logical to have Austin and San Atonio as a megaplex with Houston being a mega on its own (w/Beaumont and othe coastals thrown in?)

As I find the time I would like to bring in my original Spotlight character, unless you would rather I build a new one.
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Spotlight! Excellent suggestion, I'll take a look and most likely put that into effect.

As to "Spotlight", I dont see why not, I would need to see him of course and we would need to work on his back ground.

FBK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Next Friday is no good for me I have to close.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Adaquacity!

As to playing on Fridays. Due to a few people not being able to play on Fridays, our official days to play will be on Saturday. The days I cant make it, Chuck will run M&M and you can play "Private Dancer"...lol.

I wont be there this Saturday due to family coming into town. Hopefully we will have a new person there on Saturday too.

On a side note, Xerodrift emailed me and he has had a death in the family. He will be joining us after everything is worked out.

FBK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Weel, I tried to work out 'Old Spots' with the latest ed of the rules, much more difficult than I had thought. Especially, as a semi-retired charcter, reducing him from his current 357 back to 250 just does not seem logical. Sorry, but I think it better to bring my 'Triffid'. Unless your serious about human mutants only...

I have not played him ..it.. in years, but the back story can easily be modified to fit the corporate situation you hinted at for the game background.

The Triffid is a product of a 'possibly' illeagle experiment. The one that created It became a close friend and teacher. When that scientist disappeared (quietly), the Triffid escaped, looking for its friend. The triffid joined a super-group that was investigating attacks on several other labs, the Triffid being very usful for its ability with a powerful entangel.

After it was suspected that a powerful upper managment type was involved, several of the supers were, individually, attacked and soundly defeated. The
    Triffid was also captured, using its weakness, and became one of the stoges working for this 600 point badie.

It can now be said that perhaps the Triffid is an independent creature, or maybe it still works for this corperation ... little is known publicly about it. Since it is NOT Human, but a plant, you as GM should decide if it sets off all those mutant detecters, after all, it was grown from a common thistle and is deffinatly a mutation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didnt stipulate anywhere that its mutants only. Not sure where you got that Spotlight. I emailed information out quite some time ago about Corelian energy and its detectors.

It would definately pick up your char's elevated Corelian energy as that is what is the driving force behind all super powers, from any planet or species.

Just to make sure, we are playing Hero 5e as no one has accumulated any 6e books as of yet.

Thanks Spotlight
    fbk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345