Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DASH=Dallas Area Super Heros

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by spotlight View Post
    The name says it all, DASH--Dallas Area Super Heros. It is a modern era, local area, fun fest. Lots of chance to role-play, and battle, if you so chose. The only rule restrictions are on HOW you build your charcter, not on type.

Charaistic Maxima is in force. Any thing above 20 costs double, unless it is bought thru your powers or what ever. EXAMPLE: Mutant powers allow ONE characteristic to be raised above normal at regular cost and a second thru the powers itself. A Power Suit can do the same, but it must be PART of the suit.

Majik is available but is restricted to inherited factors (your mama) or exposure to a majical artifact.

Special High Tech is available, but watch that you do have some way to repair damage. Not everyone knows how.

Aliens DO exist, but so far only a dozen races have been excepted to the format, AND Earth is an un-known back-water planet.

Mutants are known to be about, and the Justice System does have Mutant detectors availabe for court rooms, both electronic and majical. They are expensive, like those metal detectors.

Super powers are not TOO common, about one out of one hundred thousand.

Otherwise history is pretty much as we know it, only a few details may not fully match.

Majik has only recently 'returned' to Earth, since the late Sixties, early Seventies, noone seems to know why ... yet. Thus elves, dwarves, dragons, and a few other real 'badies' have been sighted, but they seem to NOT want to be involved in Human affairs.

Now for the GOOD news. I finally landed a new job, after being laid off for the last nine months. So my schedual is slightly different. I will be going to work on Sunday afternoons so I will not be available for games on that day.

I, personally, still like all nighters, even though I have not done one with a group in, like, twenty years. Thus, Fridays and Saturdays are my available days currently. The Half-Price book store is open each day until eleven PM, so if any one wishes a more lengthy game, we would need a place.

I would love to host it, but I can't afford a maid. (hint,hint) Although, I love my 4' by 8' white board to draw on while describing things.

Power Levels, so far, unrestricted. Start at 100, and give yourselves 100 to 150 in disadvantages. For those who don't know the method, just come with your character idea and such, it doesn't take that long to build one up.

And please do not forget your arch-enemies. They get the same amout of points. They advance in the game by escaping custody or capturing heros. So, watch it. I will be aggressive with them.
    *cough* earth and majik sounds a bit like shadowrun dont ya think =p

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spotlight: I have my char idea. I will pm you the actual back ground.

Hero name: Flatfoot
    Type: Mentalist

Ex Cop turned super hero hell bent on bringing in a rogue super hero group responsible for his fathers death.

His gig is that he can see the truth in every situation. He can "force" people to tell the truth using mental abilities. Not exactly the most physical guy, but can shut folks down with mental entangles and suggestion (he also has mental blast just to give thema nice head ache). He always sees the truth, so therefor must always tell the truth.

Very brief synopsis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Greyecastle, never looked at shadow run, so I would not know.

fly-interesting character concept. Con't forget to set up a couple of arcenemies. These would be guys he has had run=ins with, or maybe arrested in the past. The group you suggest would only be a revenge factor, although likly to show up one day. It could be a disadd (obsession), and I do use a character's disadds to build story directions. btw, would this make him a Mutie?
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I guess he would be a mutie huh? I didn't really think about that part.

So there ya go.

I will conjur up some bad guys in his story line and then pm you the idea when I'm done.

Also we need to get an idea of what day we want to meet and where exactly.

1. It appears friday or saturday in the pm (Friday most likely?)
    2. Which Half price? (Do we need to reserve rooms or something? You said they have space available specifically for this I believe.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could alway run the game at Xmax games in Dallas. It's open until midnight

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spotlight,

I just send two enemies via pm. Let me know what you think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Xmax sounds okay by me. give me an addy or number and I will check it out. It might be better than Half-Price, especially if we don't have to worry about keeping down the noise level.

The Arch-enemies you sent look good, Knight. BTW, check your pictures of D.F. carefully. There is the posibility that you snapped footage of someone else in the backgrounds, wanted for questioning, in relation to the deaths of several other drug gang members.... hint,hint.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Story line background, natch.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    By The Way. Yall may notice Im only posting on Sats and Suns, currently. My new job is a b!@#%* and I still go to school of the mornings. Which means I sleep of the afternoons. Playing on Friday evenings is iffy right now because I found out thats when they want the overtime. (same as working on Saturday for most folk) So only Saturday gaming for me, for a while. If this puts off some of yall, sorry, deal with it. If I GM anything at all, or even play, I will count myself lucky.
    Last edited by spotlight; 08-15-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Xmaxgames

Here's a Google Map to Xmaxgames

Which is near/between the Lakewood and South Greenville areas.
    Last edited by ronpyatt; 08-19-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well with the sat gaming i'm out due to work
    Never trust a smiling GM, that's when they're dangerous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats too bad Wbrandel.

Spotlite, I'm fine with playing like bi weekly if that would make it easier on you. I know my wife would prefer it. Even monthly if nee be. Weekends are always interesting for me, especially with hunting season coming up.

I don't really know how many people we have, what would be best is to just get it together and see who can make it. I don't think there are too many champions games going on right now. Maybe it will draw some interest and the people who have posted that they can play, will.

I think your the deciding factor now.

If you can't or would prefer not to start a campaign now due to your job is fine. We can start it up later.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

Thanks for the map, Ron. I'll be checking out Xmasgames this afternoon or tommorow.

As for how many we gots, Fly, with Brandel saying no to Sats, that brings us to a total of just you and me. Moans and groans, why is it so hard to find Hero players?

I will, of course,keep trying. Maybe mentioning that good roleplay by the player gains the character a 'conspiracy' card.

Downloads
    Uploads
    depending on what saturday and what times, I would be intrested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all,

That would be very cool Adaquacity24, two people are definately a fine start.

Spotlite what did you think of Xmax? Ive never beent there.

Just to reiterate for my schedule, I'm fine for Saturdays, though I would not prefer every Saturday. While I know that playing weekly lends its self to continuity, I just cant guarantee my availability. I would prefer that we play every other Sat at most, as this is a busy time of year for me. also, if we can play more toward the evenings that would be best also. I have an uncanny ability to remember stuff in games, and I will just email my char point of view of what happened after games. This will help with the beginning of the next game, and continuity.

If this works for the two of you, I recommend that we either set up a chat or just meet in person one saturday coming up. Make char, hash out final background stuff and maybe get a little gaming in. I really prefer face to fact gaming honestly, though im in a good pbp game currently.

Thanks guys!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have to do alt Saturdays also. Seeing as how I have a Exalted game every other Saturday. Also I prefer evening games also.

I would be down for meet up for character creation and backgrounds

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be checking Xmax tommor and will post about it Sat.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast